Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:24:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How secure are you when unknown user chats you up?  (Read 814 times)
Sexylizzy2813

Activity: 560
Merit: 419

View Profile
June 02, 2023, 12:29:13 AM

Sometimes whenever a chat comes up I just feel like getting to know the user immediately because it might be someone who meant well or probably someone who wants to get something from you, could be a vital information or could be a scammer as the case maybe.
To me I'd let the chat flow and I might even play to the tune of the unknown user, but giving out information from my end won't be possible until the intention of the user has been stated and one needs to be careful. I feel anxious sometimes when an unknown message pops up from someone I don't know even here in this forum.
I don't know if you have encounter scammers before, when you give a scammer attention it will totally change your mindset for investment plan, and if its the kind of investment you're anticipating to have or join it will be very easier for you to be victim or scam, because scammers has almost ten different strategies or numerous dimensions of applications to scam people through their communications, do you know that some can influence you with spiritual manipulation since you have already established communications and you are responding positively from the day it chatted, so we to be vigilant and take proper precautions concerning people slide on your DM for investment, when you notice that the user chatting you is unknown to know and the content of his discussion is not what you are expecting or thinking, you have every right to blacklist the user before you will be convinced to abide with the its agenda or policy.

I have encountered scammers in several occasions but that doesn't mean I won't get to know if the person has a genuine reason for sliding into my DM. No doubt that scammers have different ways of getting into the head on their victims but it only takes a stronger person to get to another, I can't and I don't believe that spiritual means can make me fall, being vigilant and careful doesn't mean you have to chase some chats that are unknown to you. Sometimes it your spirit says you should stop the conversation is best you do so, in this spiritual means of scamming people is just that we don't listen to our mind, is like we get carried away by those sweet words.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dimitri94

Activity: 742
Merit: 157

View Profile
June 02, 2023, 04:35:42 AM

How secure do you feels when unknown user chats you and immediately begins to demand of your country where your chatting from?
What do you think could be their reason for chatting you up and instantly demanding your country of residence, does this makes any sense and how do you cope with such question or do you feels that such user has an evils motives towards you to either scam you or harm.
I saw this kind of message in my telegram few days ago. When I asked about her, she tried to find out about me. Where do I live or what  I do etc. by asking various questions. Then I understood she was trying to collect information from me.
There was a similarity in the profile where beautiful girl picture was shown. In my conversation though the picture was not same but the approach was much similar. I realized that she was trying to steal my information or for some other nefarious purpose. I immediately blocked the user.
taufik123
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1724

View Profile
June 02, 2023, 06:06:17 AM

-snip-
I can't and I don't believe that spiritual means can make me fall, being vigilant and careful doesn't mean you have to chase some chats that are unknown to you. Sometimes it your spirit says you should stop the conversation is best you do so, in this spiritual means of scamming people is just that we don't listen to our mind, is like we get carried away by those sweet words.
The spiritual way, could it be like hypnosis or Voodoo-like manta (LOL) or some words that will trap the victim because of some sweet promises given.
Do not get carried away by the sweet words spoken by scammers, unknown people, and even someone who is not related to anything in your life.

I even often receive messages from unknown people when entering and commenting in a telegram group that many users have joined.
This is already an indication that they are scammers who are only eyeing your assets. It's easy enough to spot.

It is best not to respond to anything, just delete and block such users. If you respond to the chat and continue the conversation they will send phishing links or some applications that are already infected with malware, which will be dangerous.

The methods of scammers are evolving and new ones are emerging. Email messages, Twitter, and other social media are also full of spam from scammers.
Even Whatsapp messages are also targeted by scammers. It is necessary to be vigilant to anticipate things that are not wanted.
Sexylizzy2813

Activity: 560
Merit: 419

View Profile
June 02, 2023, 07:56:46 AM

The spiritual way, could it be like hypnosis or Voodoo-like manta (LOL) or some words that will trap the victim because of some sweet promises given.
Do not get carried away by the sweet words spoken by scammers, unknown people, and even someone who is not related to anything in your life.

Bro is funny right? But is the real truth, voodoo or whatever you call it, it stands as one of the best way (If I should say) to get victims fall in less than 10mins, shit happens. Sweet words are included but that's not what they're after,  your trust is what they're after. The main thing is that if you don't feel like start or continuing the conversation is best to stop or block the user like you said, but keep your important details to yourself.

I even often receive messages from unknown people when entering and commenting in a telegram group that many users have joined.
This is already an indication that they are scammers who are only eyeing your assets. It's easy enough to spot.

It is best not to respond to anything, just delete and block such users. If you respond to the chat and continue the conversation they will send phishing links or some applications that are already infected with malware, which will be dangerous.

The methods of scammers are evolving and new ones are emerging. Email messages, Twitter, and other social media are also full of spam from scammers.
Even Whatsapp messages are also targeted by scammers. It is necessary to be vigilant to anticipate things that are not wanted.

Those mentioned apps are really the best place to be careful of, in as much as we find a place to just do a legit business we shouldn't let our guards down.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Majestic-milf

Activity: 798
Merit: 589

View Profile
June 02, 2023, 12:04:09 PM

I can't help being on my guard when I see such and the first action I take is to either query you thoroughly to get more info, and if I see that is not happening, I simply ignore or block. These days they are getting smarter by the minute and no longer make use of phishing links.
 One used the pattern of working in my bank and needed some details from me, hoping to get the numbers behind my card, claiming my card had a fault that needed fixing. It was just my fault for entertaining the chat for too long though.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
348Judah

Activity: 714
Merit: 521

View Profile
June 03, 2023, 07:16:54 AM

I can't help being on my guard when I see such and the first action I take is to either query you thoroughly to get more info

Right from seing the content of the message or chats they are sending to you, you would have sensed if they are the type that has something good to discuss or was an attempt to spam you up or scam, especially when they are having no direction and being specific.

and if I see that is not happening, I simply ignore or block.

Best and perfect decision to take, some people deserve not giving an attention to because the more you gobe a listening ears the more they psych you further if care is not taken.

One used the pattern of working in my bank and needed some details from me, hoping to get the numbers behind my card, claiming my card had a fault that needed fixing. It was just my fault for entertaining the chat for too long though.

They have many ways and means they can come through, that is why we should be privacy and security consciouss in everything that we do.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
UmerIdrees

Activity: 2240
Merit: 842

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2023, 12:18:04 PM

Beware of scammers!!
Okay below are all rundown of what happened during the conversation

How secure do you feels when unknown user chats you and immediately begins to demand of your country where your chatting from?

Nice one, even if she had the intention to scam you, you kept her busy in identifying the country and made her speak of her country first  Cheesy

Well, these unknown chats from telegram are common, as have joined many groups, people just get our contact from any group and try to message us for any help but in the end, the intention is always to scam. Asking for the country is necessary if the scam is intended for some particular region people or maybe they don't have any other way to start the conversation other than asking for the country  Huh

Phu Juck

Activity: 96
Merit: 27

View Profile
November 28, 2023, 09:04:52 PM

It is always a question if we can be tracked by simply clicking a link, or malware from a picture from a chat, like Telegram. For some chat, it is hard to know what attempt each scammer is trying.

Can a coder explain maybe?
How safe is it to download a picture, video, click link, when a stranger writes it to us in a normal chat?
In, for example, Telegram?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: