Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:56:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Honda accepting bitcoin and ethereum for payment - true or false?  (Read 123 times)
headingnorth (OP)

Activity: 251
Merit: 37

NO SHITCOIN INSIDE

View Profile
October 04, 2023, 06:11:18 AM

I heard CryptosRUs mention it in one of his recent videos that Honda was accepting bitcoin and ethereum for payment in the US to buy Honda cars.

If true, that would be huge. So I wanted to see if I could verify this claim and pulled up several news articles about Honda allegedly starting to accept bitcoin, ethereum and even other cryptos like XRP depending on the source. The problem is the only sources of this news are several lesser known crypto websites that I never heard of. I heard nothing about it in the major financial media outlets.

The most ridiculous so far is the last one claiming Honda taking Shiba Inu for payments!

Honda to accept Bitcoin and crypto payments
https://en.softonic.com/articles/honda-to-accept-bitcoin-and-crypto-payments?ex=RAMP-1114.0

Honda and the Cryptocurrency Wave
https://cryptoticker.io/en/honda-cryptocurrency-adoption/

Honda Now Accepting Cryptocurrencies for Payments: Report
https://www.thecoinrepublic.com/2023/10/03/honda-now-accepting-cryptocurrencies-for-payments-report/

This Automobile Giant Now Accepts Ripple (XRP) and Shiba Inu (SHIB) for Payments
https://cryptopotato.com/this-automobile-giant-now-accepts-ripple-xrp-and-shiba-inu-shib-for-payments/

ETHEREUM IS THE MOTHER ASSHOLE FROM WHICH THE SHITCOINS SPRING.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Churchillvv

Activity: 392
Merit: 168

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2023, 06:27:32 AM

Here is a recent thread in the economics board that just discussed same case with minor difference in titling.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5468912.0

Before you create your own post make use of the search button it's very important and helpful. If such thing keeps repeating itself it might end up down casting your image in the forum, most people may consider it as plagiarism.

noorman0

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694

[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2023, 06:28:39 AM

-snip-
If true, that would be huge.
True or not, it's not big news. It's just a local dealer initiative and is supported by friendly regulations, not a directive from head office.
If you are outside the US, maybe you won't see anything similar because crypto regulations in your country are different.

This space for rent.
Available in mid January 2024 - PM me
EL MOHA

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 04, 2023, 06:29:52 AM

It looks more like it is a genuine or authentic reports with many media houses bringing reporting it. There is also a thread already existing on the forum that talks about this. The thread actually cites binance as its source, but this doesn’t in any way mean that it is true because the news is spread on the forum. The forum members could Also see random news of a thing and decide to post here. But in position of this maybe it is true, if not we would soon here the company debunking it.

Here is the forum thread link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5468912.msg62934604#msg62934604. You can join the discussion there and lock this your own thread. To avoid having duplicate thread of same discussion.

Edit: first reply already has the link

edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 04, 2023, 06:30:43 AM

They did step into a partnership with FCF Pay and announce that crypto can be used to buy Hondas now, so yeah, its probably true. Japan has been one of the leaders in this space as this is not the first auto company to start accepting crypto. Also buying cars with crypto is nothing new on secondary markets or even some 3rd party providers. Its only kind of "novel" for the large companies but im guessing it will become more and more normalized as adoption increases.
headingnorth (OP)

Activity: 251
Merit: 37

NO SHITCOIN INSIDE

View Profile
October 04, 2023, 06:38:58 AM

This news still seems sketchy to me. I have not found anything  about it from a major mainstream news outlet.

Honda has not announced anything about it on their US website and has not provided any press releases.

ETHEREUM IS THE MOTHER ASSHOLE FROM WHICH THE SHITCOINS SPRING.
Faisal2202

Activity: 1204
Merit: 469

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2023, 07:42:10 AM

This news still seems sketchy to me. I have not found anything  about it from a major mainstream news outlet.

Honda has not announced anything about it on their US website and has not provided any press releases.
You can verify this news from this source--> https://www.binance.com/en/feed/post/1244516  but still, if you are looking for an official source like directly from the Honda company then visit this Tweet Link by FCF Pay --> https://twitter.com/fcfpay/status/1706950991562551310 And in the replies you will see with what tokens or coins you can buy Honda using FCF Pay.

And this news is already been shared by Bitstar_coin here --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5468912.msg62934604#msg62934604

Majestic-milf

Activity: 798
Merit: 589

View Profile
October 04, 2023, 09:39:28 AM

Why should it come as a news to you? Most automobile companies are looking to be creative and will do anything to keep trending and what better way to do that than to announce you now accept payment in Bitcoin? I mean this won't have raised much eyebrows if it were a company like say Ford or Tesla right? Some will view this as a positive for Bitcoin and an ever evolving move of digital finance, I call bull. They will not hesitate to scrap off the option once Bitcoin experiences a heavy price decline.

And also, it would be nice if the Op locked the thread as more users have clearly pointed out that a topic has already been opened in the Economics board.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Yamane_Keto

Activity: 476
Merit: 486

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2023, 09:42:21 AM

The most reliable link was provided by Binance, but the problem is that Honda did not accept payments in Bitcoin directly, as happened with Tesla when it used BTCPAYSERVER to conduct transactions and bought Bitcoin, but rather through FCF Pay, which is listed on the BNB network.
The news may be misleading because FCF Pay and Binance are the beneficiaries of this news, and this acceptance means that Bitcoin will be converted into dollars in their bank accounts and fees will be charged accordingly.
This explains why they accept Bitcoin, Ethereum, Binance Coin, XRP, Doge, Shiba Inu + many more!

Japanese Automobile Giant Honda Now Accepts Bitcoin and Ethereum As Payment Methods

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Hamza2424
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1044

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2023, 02:21:34 PM

Before you create your own post make use of the search button it's very important and helpful. If such thing keeps repeating itself it might end up down casting your image in the forum, most people may consider it as plagiarism.

Ahh.. That's really impressive, a new fellow is clearly following some decent tips, to improve the post-quality that really nice to see as most of the time newbies ignore the suggestions.

__SNIP__

OP I haven't heard of it as a big acceptance by the automobile industry towards Bitcoin can really make some notice off. But currently, I haven't heard of it, at least on the mainstream crypto media or CT. So I can be sure there must be something wrong with this news presentation.

Anyway, a couple of more hours can clarify it as well, but from the latest post, I can be sure that Yamane_Keto makes sense in the current situation. But for more, we need to wait. I'm not excited about it as ETF approval can bring something next level until that, what the shit SEC are you planning for  Grin Grin, clarify.

BVeyron

Activity: 1652
Merit: 941

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
October 04, 2023, 09:04:35 PM

I heard CryptosRUs mention it in one of his recent videos that Honda was accepting bitcoin and ethereum for payment in the US to buy Honda cars.

If true, that would be huge. So I wanted to see if I could verify this claim and pulled up several news articles about Honda allegedly starting to accept bitcoin, ethereum and even other cryptos like XRP depending on the source. The problem is the only sources of this news are several lesser known crypto websites that I never heard of. I heard nothing about it in the major financial media outlets.

The most ridiculous so far is the last one claiming Honda taking Shiba Inu for payments!

Honda to accept Bitcoin and crypto payments
https://en.softonic.com/articles/honda-to-accept-bitcoin-and-crypto-payments?ex=RAMP-1114.0

Honda and the Cryptocurrency Wave
https://cryptoticker.io/en/honda-cryptocurrency-adoption/

Honda Now Accepting Cryptocurrencies for Payments: Report
https://www.thecoinrepublic.com/2023/10/03/honda-now-accepting-cryptocurrencies-for-payments-report/

This Automobile Giant Now Accepts Ripple (XRP) and Shiba Inu (SHIB) for Payments
https://cryptopotato.com/this-automobile-giant-now-accepts-ripple-xrp-and-shiba-inu-shib-for-payments/

The automobile industry is likely to start accepting crypto at some point, since most people buy only two types of expensive things throughout their lives: cars and real estate. Sales of all the other expensive goods are far not this scale. There are many specific expensive things for business: tools, hi-tech devices, machines, even the whole enterprises, but only a car and a house are bought by nearly everyone (even regardless of the region: the only difference is that in poor regions most people buy cheaper cars or cheaper types of transport, and houses of lower quality). So, increasing adoption level will let people buy cars directly with btc at some point... I don't know whether Honda is really going to sell cars for crypto right now, but the general market development goes this way.

bocyaj

Activity: 1326
Merit: 308

View Profile
October 04, 2023, 09:17:06 PM

They did step into a partnership with FCF Pay and announce that crypto can be used to buy Hondas now, so yeah, its probably true. Japan has been one of the leaders in this space as this is not the first auto company to start accepting crypto. Also buying cars with crypto is nothing new on secondary markets or even some 3rd party providers. Its only kind of "novel" for the large companies but im guessing it will become more and more normalized as adoption increases.

With your information it’s seems to be the real one,So the bitcoin was spread to the payment of the corporate companies.This is enough for the growth of the bitcoin in the upcoming few years.Japan is the developed country,if the Honda accepting of the bitcoin and build their own cryptocurrency.This will increase the demand of the bitcoin in the market.So this news itself enough for the bull run in the bitcoin price in the upcoming days.The people who associate with the Honda will buy the bitcoin for now.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀