Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:09:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Auction] Satori Chips & Lealana Monero .1XMR Rainbow Coins  (Read 561 times)
2stout

Activity: 2366
Merit: 586

View Profile
September 04, 2023, 10:00:05 PM

Lot 1- .0042
Lot 2- .0042
Box Guy
Copper Member

Activity: 165
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 04, 2023, 10:01:30 PM

Lot 1- .0043
Lot 2- .0043
Steeley

Activity: 1130
Merit: 265

Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next

View Profile
September 04, 2023, 10:08:47 PM

Lot 3 .0045
Lot 4 .0045

Beware of scammers. I will never discuss the sale of Collectibles on Telegram or any other messaging client outside the forum.
Box Guy
Copper Member

View Profile
September 04, 2023, 10:09:52 PM

Lot 1- .0046
Lot 2- .0046
Steeley

Activity: 1130
Merit: 265

Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next

View Profile
September 04, 2023, 10:11:01 PM

my bad. I was late getting home to check this auction. I see lot 3 & 4 are closed

Beware of scammers. I will never discuss the sale of Collectibles on Telegram or any other messaging client outside the forum.
Box Guy
Copper Member

View Profile
September 04, 2023, 10:12:44 PM

my bad. I was late getting home to check this auction. I see lot 3 & 4 are closed

Lol. …. I messed up to thinking you were bidding on lot 1 and 2. Your bid threw me off. I guess those two closed on my previous bid since 10 minutes passed?
2stout

View Profile
September 04, 2023, 10:18:24 PM

Lot 1- .0048
Lot 2- .0048
2stout

View Profile
September 04, 2023, 10:20:04 PM

Lol. …. I messed up to thinking you were bidding on lot 1 and 2. Your bid threw me off. I guess those two closed on my previous bid since 10 minutes passed?

Actually per OP:  All lots extended with any bid to any lot.
Box Guy
Copper Member

View Profile
September 04, 2023, 10:20:52 PM

Lot 1- .0048
Lot 2- .0048

Is this still going? I bid .0043 at 10:01pm and it went uncontested. The next bid was mine again so that should not reset the clock since you cant snipe yourself. Am i wrong?h
Box Guy
Copper Member

View Profile
September 04, 2023, 10:21:46 PM

Actually per OP:  All lots extended with any bid to any lot.

Hmmmm not sure. Thats kind of messed up…. Since it was my own bid and not a snipe
Box Guy
Copper Member

View Profile
September 04, 2023, 10:26:37 PM

Lot 1- .0049
Lot 2- .0049
Box Guy
Copper Member

View Profile
September 04, 2023, 10:28:02 PM

I will continue bidding even though i believe the auction closed at .0043 at the 10:11.30 time …. OP should step in and clarify
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 3013

View Profile
September 04, 2023, 10:29:27 PM

I’m tied up at the moment and will be for the next couple hours and can sort out any confusion then. But the sniping rules are clearly stated, each bid made within 10mn of a prior bid extends the auction on that lot for an additional 10mns.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Box Guy
Copper Member

View Profile
September 04, 2023, 10:32:32 PM

I’m tied up at the moment and will be for the next couple hours and can sort out any confusion then. But the sniping rules are clearly stated, each bid made within 10mn of a prior bid extends the auction on that lot for an additional 10mns.

I understand that and  the rule is intended for sniping. You cant snipe an auction when the previous bid was yourself. In this case it was an accident caused unintentionally by another person who bid on a closed lot. That bid on lot 3 and 4 should have not come in
2stout

View Profile
September 04, 2023, 10:35:27 PM

Lot 1- .005
Lot 2- .005
Box Guy
Copper Member

View Profile
September 04, 2023, 10:39:00 PM

Lot 1- .0051
Lot 2- .0051
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2023, 12:11:42 AM

Winning Bids below.

As far as I've ever seen, sniping 10 mn add on's only add 10mns to the specific lot being bid on, not all lots.  I thought the rule was more closely defined on the link that I have explaining the sniping rules.  I would think the consensus around here is what I stated.  This is how I've always seen it work.  (of course I'd obviously rather take the higher bids).  2stout I think I may have some more of these to sell and will let you know.  

Lot 1- .0051
Lot 2- .0051

Lot 3- .0031
Lot4- .0031

Box guy- will PM further instructions. PLEASE BE AWARE OF ANY FAKE ACCOUNTS TRYING TO MESSAGE YOU ABOUT THIS AUCTION.  MAKE SURE YOU VERIFY YOU'RE CONVERSING WITH ME.  

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2023, 05:44:34 PM

Okay, so I reached out to MinerJones to get his take on how this auction ended.  As the bidders know, he's got more experience than all of us combined in this area.  I spoke with Box Guy briefly about this who agreed to agree with whatever MJ decided based on the rules/experience.  I assume 2stout/steeley would feel the same way?  Let me know if you guys see any issue with this.  BIG thanks to MinerJones for helping to clarify..

"The last bids within normal time limit for Lot 3 and 4 were at 9:50:44 by BoxGuy, so that would automatically extend the end time to 10:10:00

The next bids for Lot 3 and 4 came in at 10:08:47 by Steeley, which were within the 10 minutes extension...

So now if anyone else does not bid on them with the new extension to 10:18:47, then Steeley wins both lots, which he did.

The last bids within normal time limit for Lot 1 and 2 were at 9:58:18 by BoxGuy, so that would automatically extend the end time to 10:10:00

Then a few more bids for both lots together up to 10:09:52 by BoxGuy who outbid himself.. but hey, not sure why..no one else bid on them...
Next bid for both lots comes in at 10:18:24, which is within the 10 minute limite...
Then again at 10:26:37, which is again within the 10 minute time limit.

And 2stout's bid would be valid because they are just going off of what/when the previous bidder bid (Box Guy)..

Winning Bidders..

Box Guy Lot 1- .0051

Box Guy Lot 2- .0051

Steeley Lot 3 .0045

Steeley Lot 4 .0045

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
2stout

View Profile
September 05, 2023, 06:35:55 PM

Okay, so I reached out to MinerJones to get his take on how this auction ended.  As the bidders know, he's got more experience than all of us combined in this area.  I spoke with Box Guy briefly about this who agreed to agree with whatever MJ decided based on the rules/experience.  I assume 2stout/steeley would feel the same way?  Let me know if you guys see any issue with this.  BIG thanks to MinerJones for helping to clarify..

"The last bids within normal time limit for Lot 3 and 4 were at 9:50:44 by BoxGuy, so that would automatically extend the end time to 10:10:00

The next bids for Lot 3 and 4 came in at 10:08:47 by Steeley, which were within the 10 minutes extension...

So now if anyone else does not bid on them with the new extension to 10:18:47, then Steeley wins both lots, which he did.

The last bids within normal time limit for Lot 1 and 2 were at 9:58:18 by BoxGuy, so that would automatically extend the end time to 10:10:00

Then a few more bids for both lots together up to 10:09:52 by BoxGuy who outbid himself.. but hey, not sure why..no one else bid on them...
Next bid for both lots comes in at 10:18:24, which is within the 10 minute limite...

And 2stout's bid would be valid because they are just going off of what/when the previous bidder bid (Box Guy)..

Winning Bidders..

Box Guy Lot 1- .0051

Box Guy Lot 2- .0051

Steeley Lot 3 .0045

Steeley Lot 4 .0045

Agree the winner results worked out to be proper; however, per this statement in the OP, I would have figured Lots 3 & 4 would have been open, fair game up until the end as well:  All lots extended with any bid to any lot.  No per lot verbiage here, seems the 10 min rule would apply to all lots as a whole until no bids received at all after 10 mins, period.  Just something for all to consider going forward.
Box Guy
Copper Member

View Profile
September 05, 2023, 06:57:47 PM

Winning Bidders..

Box Guy Lot 1- .0051

Box Guy Lot 2- .0051

Steeley Lot 3 .0045

Steeley Lot 4 .0045

Oh crap …. Lol. So the accidental bid on my own bid,  extended the auction? Why would ones own bid reset the timer? technically saying you can snipe your own bid. How is that possible? The purpose behind the rule is so one does not steal an auction last second but thats not possible to ones self. This makes no sense. The only reason i bid was because of the confusion over steeleys bid. Which now turns out he won ….hahaha. Worst outcome possible. Now it looks like i lost lot 3 and 4 and i am allowed to jack up my own price….. Sigh 😔

If this is OP final decision i accept it. Its cool man no big deal in the end but just feels bad.

Regardless, thanks guy 👍🏻… no hard feelings here
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: