Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:09:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CB Consumer Confidence delivers another blow on the US and USD  (Read 180 times)
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 03, 2023, 06:16:58 PM

One day later how does this "alternative" look?  Grin
As we're back at 26k it's clear what it was, a pump triggered by some good news and then the cold reality that Graysacale is just in line for 2024 events, so basically nothing really changed, there was no influx of money, there was no real volume behind it, there was no constant demand even for a day!

As for the consumer index while the drop is indeed serious it also comes on a massive jump that again nobody was expecting.
As adaseb said, look at the numbers for May: Forecast 99.0 Actual 102.5
Or look at a larger interval, 2006-2016 for example, the index never went above current levels!
From the 1970 till 2000 it was more below 100 points than above them!
China's index is below 100, the EU is the same, lack of consumer optimism doesn't mean people rushing to invest in risky assets, quite the opposite.
I would believe that just because of some drops and increases, there shouldn't be really a prediction about it short term because it could repeat both of them if it wants to. It could go down from here, it could go up from here too, we wouldn't really know which one will happen. I think it is important to know the difference one way or another and it should be important without a doubt to be careful about it.

I personally wouldn't risk anything, it would be risky and terrible if we did, so we should be careful about it. I understand that some people could end up with a result that would be profitable, but even if you ended up profitable, doesn't mean next one will be profitable neither, so be careful about it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: