Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:08:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FTX Customer Claims Portal  (Read 241 times)
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1792

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2023, 06:10:31 AM

FTX has been emailing to all its users for filing a claim. If they intend only to refund to few countries user like Japan and the US, then what is the point in collecting the full KYC data of all the users. Asking for proof of address is something fishy because this information was not asked at the initial KYC process at the FTX.com.
I think it's more fitting to say that Japan is the only exception, not that there are only specific countries eligible for the claim. Not saying this is not the case though, since who knows what they will do behind the scenes with how ambiguous the legal process can be. But yeah, if you don't have a lot of money left on FTX, maybe it is better to wait and see how the process turns out instead of sending more personal details that might end up in hackers' hands due to FTX or their partner's mistakes. CMIW.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1862

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
August 31, 2023, 12:07:44 AM

Does compensation under Chapter 11 include all investors from all countries, or is it limited to those who are in the United States, because I read somewhere that investors from Japan will get their money because of the obligation to have deposits in a guarantee fund in that country.

Apparently, it doesn't include all FTX investors or users all over the world. The exchange's Japan platform obviously has a different process. It appears much faster and more efficient thanks primarily to the country's strict laws. As a matter of fact, refund has already been started as early as February.

FTX has been emailing to all its users for filing a claim. If they intend only to refund to few countries user like Japan and the US, then what is the point in collecting the full KYC data of all the users. Asking for proof of address is something fishy because this information was not asked at the initial KYC process at the FTX.com.

I would say that until you know and confirm that they will refund your money, it is better not to submit the documents to the scammers.
They may misuse our data and still do not process our refunds.

FTX Japan was an independent subsidiary of FTX International. It was solvent when its mother company collapsed. It adhered to a different set of strict regulation and laws. The same set of rigid rules accordingly protected FTX Japan users from the kind of fiasco FTX International users have to face. Through the defunct Liquid.com, which was purchased by FTX and was revived for the purpose of refund, FTX Japan users were able to withdraw their funds as quickly as 4 months after the FTX collapse.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
UmerIdrees (OP)

Activity: 2240
Merit: 842

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2023, 01:43:55 AM

I think it's more fitting to say that Japan is the only exception, not that there are only specific countries eligible for the claim. Not saying this is not the case though, since who knows what they will do behind the scenes with how ambiguous the legal process can be. But yeah, if you don't have a lot of money left on FTX, maybe it is better to wait and see how the process turns out instead of sending more personal details that might end up in hackers' hands due to FTX or their partner's mistakes. CMIW.

This is not something where you can wait and see if they are giving funds back to other perople, then you can claim yours and get them. This is time bound. The deadline to submit the claims in 29 september. So if any does not do all these kyc and claim their case, they are basiclally forfeiting your assets left at ftx.

Anyways, i still not got any email from FTX, regardless of the fact that i send them the reminder emails twice. Look like i am not going to get mine funds too  Cry  (If ftx decides to relase the funds to everyone someday)

Husires
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1287

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2023, 05:56:07 AM

Anyways, i still not got any email from FTX, regardless of the fact that i send them the reminder emails twice. Look like i am not going to get mine funds too  Cry  (If ftx decides to relase the funds to everyone someday)
The reason may be in your country, although everything seems ambiguous, but the only certainty is that the money will not be returned during the next two years, and your right will not be waived to submit the claims on 29 September.
The choice is yours if you want to provide your data now, but you have to wait until things become clearer a little.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1213

Heisenberg

View Profile
August 31, 2023, 12:23:44 PM

What are the next steps for me  Huh
Anyone esle got the same probelm ?

https://i.ibb.co/Cb3M2W6/ftx.png
I didn't do any KYC, and I am skeptical if I will do it given the recent news about the leaked customer details/documents. I just logged in after confirming my account but the balance in there are just dust amounts and some locked Luna.

What documents did you use for proof of address?

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
UmerIdrees (OP)

Activity: 2240
Merit: 842

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2023, 02:45:39 AM

What are the next steps for me  Huh
Anyone esle got the same probelm ?

https://i.ibb.co/Cb3M2W6/ftx.png
I didn't do any KYC, and I am skeptical if I will do it given the recent news about the leaked customer details/documents. I just logged in after confirming my account but the balance in there are just dust amounts and some locked Luna.

For dust amount there is no need to go in all this hassle and risk your privacy by again doing the KYC but for those who have funds in that exchange they have no option other than to oblige what they are demading or forfeit thier funds.

What documents did you use for proof of address?

For proof of address, i submit my bank account statement, where my address was mentioned and it was the same address whiich was on my national identity card, so the both addresses match.

They also accpet any utility biils where your name and address is mentioend , but they dont accept mobile bills or any screenshot of the bill.
You need to take a camera picture of the bill and then submit.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: