Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 10:31:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Faruk Ozer, turkey crypto whizz sentenced to 11,196 years in jail? Wow!  (Read 157 times)
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 29, 2023, 06:21:23 PM

Considering the amount of people he scammed and the amount of money he has stolen, I would say that was basically just "make sure he doesn't get out" punishment. You can give a person 100 years in jail and they would still not be able to get out, but if there is some sort of pardon for that crime, or if some sort of good behavior stuff, he could get out when he is older.

I have seen plenty of people who were "punished with life sentence" where they theoretically should stay at prison for all their life, but got out after 20-25-30 years because that is when parole starts. This judgement was made probably because even if he gets out of one, he stays in for the others, and there is no possible way that he could ever be out.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
sokani

Activity: 560
Merit: 440

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2023, 07:23:27 PM

I personally felt slapped and amazed in a mixed feeling to hear that a young man who claims to be a cryptocurrency whizz could be sent to over 11 thousand years behind bars? Like seriously? We aren't even talking days, hours or even minutes here. I personally felt embarrassed as a crypto fan to see headlines carrying 'Cryptocurrency boss' in such scandalous case reported by the news.
Why would you feel that way when a scammer is paying for his sins? Well, if it's because of the 11,196 years he was slammed with, it is not a new thing in the country. Turkey is known for dishing out extraordinary sentences to criminals since the abolition of death penalty in 2014. If you've to feel anything, then feel for the parent who just lost three of their children because Faruk Fatih Özer was sentenced alongside two of his siblings. More also, I don't see how this would tarnish the image of crypto in any way, rather it would serve as a deterrent to exchanges and other crypto projects operating in Turkey.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: