Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:37:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitrustica - The new virtual democratic country that governs bitcoin  (Read 3082 times)
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 03:14:40 AM

It's probably no more fantastic than out-competing the world banking system.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2011, 06:02:48 AM

not sure what you mean Huh

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 01:31:07 PM

not sure what you mean Huh
Sometimes I get the feeling that people protest reactively and simply want a revolution. I even sometimes find myself hoping that the global economies crash.

I see social networking like Wirtland as a niche, but not a substitute for participating in local community development. Global networking is fine, but I find myself losing touch with my neighbors. Bitcoin is attempting to redress the need for a global currency when we probably don't need one. I'm not saying that it's here to fix a problem that doesn't exist, because there really is a global financial crisis. I'm just saying that the solution may not need to be a global one, but a local one instead. If people participate in governance instead of fantasizing about it, we may not have an economic crisis tomorrow. It's not fiat money that is the problem, it's corruption and greed.

Bitcoin may be the "antibiotic" that will kill the infection of greed that has spread across the globe, but having global solutions to finance may cause us to overlook our own community. I hope Bitcoin development will give us tools to take our community assets out of the 'globalists' control, (i.e. land contracts, small business loans, purchase agreements, etc.) without worry of having them sold off and dealing with overly complex terms and conditions designed to mislead consumers.

Hopefully a common money will lead to developing and following examples of good business practice. If Bitcoin can do all that some folks claim it can then great, but if not then that's okay too because it's a lot easier to fix local problems than global ones. If Bitcoin stays as a niche tool, then hopefully it will be useful to prevent future global crises while we focus on problems at home.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2012, 04:14:29 AM

So is BItrustica going to get itself a seat on the Bitcoin Foundation board or anything like that?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2012, 09:46:53 AM

http://shiresociety.com/ I like the constitution they came up with.

kuzetsa

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 06:21:19 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2012, 06:32:12 PM by kuzetsa

so is are there any requirements such as renunciation of citizenship? Was this thread created in jest or is there anything actually happening?

I'm on board. (bored and feel like trolling)

...Excellent. Now that I'm God-Emperor of all matters here:

My first act is to eliminate any and all opposition, including anyone who thinks voting against me will be treated as anything more than an attempted coup. By eliminate, of course, I mean that you have been written down in my +7 secret ledger of blackisting and/or reported to the nearest oppressive dictatorship regime for your geographic locality.

Sorry sorry sorry. Is this a real thing? How does it work?

There aren't any states or countries I can compare this to, so I have no frame of reference beyond various people whom I've encountered, similarly joking along the lines of the (obviously trolling / in jest) silly paragraph I just posted above.
Photon939

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 06:23:36 PM

I just read the name and all that came to  mind was bitcoin + bitcoin savings and trust + bitcoinica = bitrustica
puck2

Activity: 234
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 05:33:38 AM

I think your Latin is a bit... well... rusty.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: