Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:28:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My dream business succeeded  (Read 752 times)
khiholangkang

Activity: 2030
Merit: 560

View Profile
January 20, 2024, 05:28:20 PM

Most people complain about transaction fees in paying for your beer if you use bitcoin because the bitcoin gass fee is quite expensive, especially when the network is very busy, it will make a loss if you look at the economy and ease of transactions.
But I also don't think you should delete it, you can make an alternative to bitcoin payments, maybe there are people who dare to make payments with bitcoin even though the transaction fee is expensive, so I think you can apply bitcoin as another alternative and consumers can make the choice they want to make payments, in terms of business it is open and more economical and attractive thinking, maybe most people who will make payments with crypto will choose other cheaper networks, but for those who are interested in using bitcoin maybe there will be those who do it to pay.

Maybe next you will have your own beverage factory, and export your products that can be purchased using bitcoin, especially with large quantities it will be much more effective.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
dlightag

Activity: 517
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 21, 2024, 10:33:01 AM

That's good idea of business using Bitcoin asset as a means of payment for a bar in Nigeria and need to consider transaction charge involved while making a payment. Secondly network confirmation can delay in most times that can keep your customer waiting for a long time. Therefore need to make your calculations properly with country exchange rate for a profit return business.
OGsmall

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2024, 05:15:24 PM

quote author=Nwada001 link=topic=5481761.msg63507152#msg63507152 date=1705405774]
Over to the business of the day, I don't see it convenient to pay with bitcoin in a bar with the fee rate and delay in confirmation, which may end up taking my whole day before I can complete a single order, so I will suggest and I know that if the bar is real, you will experience fiat payment more than any form of crypto payment.
Yes OP you are right on this fiat payment will you be much more sample than bitcoin payment just as you have said it will be of time waster making payment in bitcoin for just a cup drink of 1$ to 3$ that will be quite impossible for me is better you collect fiat payment to make it easier for you,
But it depends on the type of drinks you sell for example they have there of different types of drink.
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 21, 2024, 05:21:55 PM

Congratulations on taking the plunge and opening your dream venture! I completely agree with your suggestion about expanding beyond just Bitcoin payments. While accepting Bitcoin can be exciting and innovative, it's crucial to consider the realities of the current network and offer alternative options for your customers.

Offering stablecoins like TRC20-USDT, Matic, or BNB would be a fantastic way to attract a broader audience. These options are generally faster and cheaper to transact with, making them much more appealing for everyday purchases like a drink at your bar. Nobody wants to spend $4-$10 in gas fees on a $0.5 drink!

However, these challenges can be overcome with careful planning and the right resources. Remember, the potential benefits of offering a wider range of crypto payment options are significant. You'll be attracting more customers, increasing sales, and positioning your bar as a leader in the innovative world of crypto-powered businesses.

So, congratulations again on your bar, and keep those innovative ideas flowing! By embracing diverse crypto options, you're not just serving drinks, you're serving up a slice of the future.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Dimitri94

Activity: 742
Merit: 157

View Profile
January 21, 2024, 05:42:09 PM

That's good idea of business using Bitcoin asset as a means of payment for a bar in Nigeria and need to consider transaction charge involved while making a payment. Secondly network confirmation can delay in most times that can keep your customer waiting for a long time. Therefore need to make your calculations properly with country exchange rate for a profit return business.
I applaud this initiative because this way Bitcoin will expand faster. It will be a major achievement for Bitcoin when people can use Bitcoin instead of fiat money not just at a bar but anywhere. There will be various obstacles in the beginning. However, paying in Bitcoin at this time is more expensive for the service recipient. OP has done a good job here that he has put several payment methods where if desired a consumer can make payment in any method as per his choice and convenience. Although BTC is banned by governments in almost all countries, people around the world consider it a free economic hub. Bitcoin will be the popular payment medium in the long term.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
January 21, 2024, 06:16:10 PM

My major setback now is the high transactions fees and congestion in the mempool but I've made provisions for my BTC Address to customers but for now they're still patronizing me in fiat.

First of all, good luck on your business! I would be interested to know in which country or city you opened the bar. You write a lot about the bar, but not a word about the location.
On the subject of Bitcoin acceptance as a means of payment: I assume (based on the currency and how little money you had to put into the bar) that the drinks only cost a few dollars or even cents. Accepting Bitcoin as a means of payment for such a small amounts is more likely to result in a loss for you (transactions cost). Maybe accepting Litecoin would be a better idea.
SatoPrincess

Activity: 994
Merit: 731

View Profile
January 21, 2024, 08:21:01 PM

I’m all for bitcoin adoption in local businesses, I believe that it is the best way to get bitcoin to the grassroots. However, in my one year experience of accepting bitcoin as payment in my store I have to say that Nigerians are very reluctant to part with their bitcoins. They do not like to spend their bitcoins if it’s not necessary so getting them to pay for services with bitcoin is a hassle. For Nigerians, bitcoin is an investment. I think that’s the biggest challenge you will face as a business accepting bitcoin payment.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 2179

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2024, 08:32:37 PM

So at the end of the day, your dream becomes true with the help of your father. But right now, it's hard to accept Bitcoin, and double-spending chances are high due to transaction fees. As you already replaced the Bitcoin payment option with USDT and BNB based on customer advice, it's fine now. Because if you intend to hold Bitcoin, you can convert your USDT to Bitcoin. So it doesn't make sense to accept Bitcoin payments with high transaction fees at the moment until a solution is found. Accepting other cryptocurrencies also indicates you are adopting a cryptocurrency.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Cryptoprincess101 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 111

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 05:34:38 PM

Congratulations for established such big bar in your environment but the step you took to introduce BTC in your bar, I don't think is a good idea and it will land you for trouble because all eyes will be on you that you use BTC to establish the business not knowing that it is your father that supported you with the capital.

Since some of the things you are selling are drinks, it will be difficult for people to ignore local currency and use BTC to pay for the drinks and the high rate of dollar in your country show that it will affect your profits if you introduce such payment in your business, but I will advise you to be saving some money in BTC so that whenever the price increase you can sell to buy more goods in your business.

Thanks for your candid advice, I like your idea of being security conscious as that should be the number one priority of any business one is doing then just like I said in the OP I'm using a combination of fiat, USDT (TRC 20), BNB and some others as my payment options for now then i will include the use of Bitcoin when the transaction fees are less and no congestion in mempool because a lot of personalities around me are into cryptocurrencies more especially bitcoin so it would be nice if people that uses cryptocurrency also make payments using cryptos.

Your thoughts for me to save in Bitcoin and sell it off when the price increases is not a bad idea but I'm a bitcoin hodler and I plan to acquire more Bitcoins till it reaches the speculated ATH so for now I won't be selling my coins.

A big congratulations to you on your new business adventure in this year 2024, I love the setting of your bar, it looks sleek, stylish and rich, I've had plans of having a bar like this, or even something a bit bigger than this but some persons around me talked me out of the idea, but maybe in the future, I might pick up the idea again and this time, I will not allow myself to be discouraged or talked out of establishing it.

In life, don't always be influenced by people's decisions for you because if you fail you'll have yourself to blame and if you succeed you're also going to receive the glory so stick to your heart and establish your dreams and you're responsible for whatever decision you take whether it leads to your upliftment or your downfall, don't be controlled by people's opinion.

I am also wishing you well in your new adventure, but rest assured that you can always accept bitcoin as a payment method if you want, it's just like what we have discussed here over time in previous times about bitcoin L1 network not being one that is meant to be used for payment of/for goods and service, for businesses like this that wish to accept bitcoin as a payment method, I believe setting up  a lightning network is the best way to go, with lightening network, one can receive bitcoin payment fast and very cheap in terms of fees.

I hope you look into this..

Yeah, setting up a LN is a welcome idea though am just starting up my business and with time everything will perfectly be put in place and thanks for wishing me well and I also reciprocate your wishes.

~
I guess the OP didn't keep his records accurately or the property might be his father's own. There is no way one could pay rent, furnish the bar and stock it with drinks with such an amount. The bar looks more expensive than the money OP claimed was used to set it up. However nothing is impossible, maybe he did most of the work at a cheap rate.  
What's the currency that OP is using though because if it's USD it's probably more than enough to set up a small fully furnished bar, and there's also the factor that the 2 million that was given to OP by her father is probably enough and that the price of furnishing and buying a place to set up a bar is probably not that costly, there's also the possibility that OP's father's influence might've done some work to smoothen some of the processes to build the bar.
Though honestly, the money didn't actually settled everything to be frank as I added some money also, I only talked about the money my dad gave me directly as i didn't include my own personal money and the ones i got from other sources in other to help facilitate my business.

You're right about my dad watering the soil for me as that's the dream of every children to have parents that can stand for them and help them achieve their dreams and am also working hard to extend this adventure to my children and also help them achieve their dreams in the future

Edit: after much deliberation and suggestions from responsible members that gave their individual opinion to me here, I have therefore retorted to use TRC 20-USTD and BNB for payment hence, I've removed my initial wallet address i made available earlier as my intended payments method but however, I'm optimistic to use bitcoin as a payment method for my business in the future when transaction fees will definitely reduce to a considerate price and probably no congestion in the mempool.

congratulations on making your business dream come true. and you are also happy to use crypto as an alternative payment in your business. I hope you don't have difficulty managing your business finances. because it will separate the amount of money that will enter your business between fiat and crypto. If you only accept USDT, management will probably be quite easy to manage. but if it involves Bitcoin or other crypto such as ETH or TRX, whose value can change very quickly, there may be times when you experience financial problems.
in quantity, it may not decrease, but in value, there may be a difference when the market price of the crypto asset you receive changes.

I quite understand the angle in which you're talking about but trust me I didn't just ventured into this business as an inexperience person as I have experiences about business management and I've been into cryptocurrencies for sometimes now and I also have experiences about how the crypto market operates so I don't think I would be finding anything difficult for now.

Thanks for congratulating me as well I appreciate.

So at the end of the day, your dream becomes true with the help of your father. But right now, it's hard to accept Bitcoin, and double-spending chances are high due to transaction fees. As you already replaced the Bitcoin payment option with USDT and BNB based on customer advice, it's fine now. Because if you intend to hold Bitcoin, you can convert your USDT to Bitcoin. So it doesn't make sense to accept Bitcoin payments with high transaction fees at the moment until a solution is found. Accepting other cryptocurrencies also indicates you are adopting a cryptocurrency.

Yeah, actually I'm adopting a cryptocurrency or rather cryptocurrencies but I hold more of Bitcoins in my portfolio and I still hope to use Bitcoin as I medium of payments in the future so hopefully I believe that a solution would be met on how the high transactions fees can be reduced and congestion in the mempool lesses as well in other for transactions to be confirmed very quickly

leonair

Activity: 1246
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 05:47:04 PM

I've been longing to Open my dream business for a very long time now, my dad is an influencial politician in my state. He has companies and some businesses and I've been pestering him to assist me with some funds to start my dream business of having my Own Bar but he never gave me a listening ear. Just on January 2 2024, He sent me #2,000,000 in my local currency which is about ($1560 currently in dollars and 0.037347 in BTC) to start up my dream business.
I was so happy and thankful to him for giving this assistance after a very long time I've been requesting money from him to start up a business.

Now I've furnished and equipped the bar with different brands of drinks. I was thinking of using Bitcoin as a medium of payment for my new business since there have been massive involvement of people from my country in Bitcoin after the initial ban placed on cryptocurrency in my country was being lifted.

My major setback now is the high transactions fees and congestion in the mempool but I've made provisions for my BTC Address to customers but for now they're still patronizing me in fiat.
Even though business is good, it's only sometimes like this.  That being said, the initiative you've shown is very different.  That's fine.  But remember that the fees for Bitcoin transactions are very high, so be careful to keep your money safe.
I think op is familiar with bitcoin transcation fees. he/she can avoid High transcation fee via using centralized wallet like coinbase. here op can received and send bitcoin coinbase to coinbasd via email and also can received btc on Binance pay. but those method will not give actual bitcoin transcation experience. now it is a problem that who will interested to pay btc for A few packs for drinking. here transcation fees will make a big problem.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 06:22:24 PM

First of all Congratulations on your New business which is also happens to be your dream business. getting the opportunity to start dream business is like a jackpot which only small number of people from this world can win. so you are one of them.
And All the best for your Business and future success. from the pictures your Bar Looking very cool.   Smiley Smiley

Good to see your love and enthusiasm about bitcoin and wanting to make Bitcoin as a payment option for your business. But as transaction fee are too high, I suggest you to keep Fiat cash as your primary payment method. you can keep Bitcoin and Other altcoins as an alternative if anyone want to pay using them.
You can buy Bitcoin again with using your money you earned if you really want to have Bitcoins. That's the best solution for you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: