Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:21:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin-cli loadwallet  (Read 30 times)
ascqrwasc33 (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2024, 11:44:06 AM

I have this strange problem and would like to know if any of you too has or had encountered the same:
When I fire in console A:

Code:
bitcoin-cli loadwallet walletname

The bitcoind (Daemon console) running on console B says
 [walletname] Wallet completed loading in            2368ms

BUT
The command which I fired on console A does not return back immediately. It makes me wait for easily around 8 to 9 minutes before giving me my prompt back. I need to run
the
Code:
walletpassphrase
command as well after that. But it takes a lot of time and makes me wait. Pressing Ctrl+C renders the loadwallet attempt useless and I have to stop the daemon and restart it and again fire the loadwallet command. The wallet has only 8-10 BTC addresses still it returns back the CLI prompt very slowly. OI am using the latest btc daemon and tools. Any advise how to solve this?
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2024, 11:05:26 PM

How long is it between the "Wallet completed loading" message and a message that says "setKeyPool.size() ="? Although the completion line is logged near the end of the loading process, there is still a bit more that it does afterwards. In particular, if your wallet is not fully synced, it will do a scan of the blocks that have occurred since the wallet was last loaded, and depending on how long that is, it can take a while.

Having to use walletpassphrase after loading a wallet is expected if your wallet is encrypted. I'm not sure what you're expecting with that.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: