Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:07:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can i get a functional wallet  (Read 281 times)
Hamza2424
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1045

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2023, 05:26:37 PM

I'm a bit new in the forum and still trying to figure out how so many things work, I would love to know how to get a functional wallet address or a step-by-step guide on how to create one.

Hmm, I would prefer you to watch the video tutorial in your native language as the person in the video can explain better as compared to a person who is writing a post to guide you. Anyway, you must watch a few beginner's tutorials as well to get started with the wallets where you can better understand all you need to know about the wallets their types their utility, and their features.

A custodial wallet is always recommended but if you find it hard to manage the hardware wallet you can also pick the Hot wallets of the exchanges (Which are noncustodial) not recommended to hold a large amount of funds also needs to be aware of the potential risk. As you've created this thread it can be a great help for you to gather the information and learn most of that basics from the senior's views.

Findingnemo

Activity: 2338
Merit: 760

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
September 16, 2023, 05:48:56 PM

The issue on it is also old and not updated for a year https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/issues/7544

It has been almost 2 years since they mentioned "No ETA, but it is on the TODO list." on their GitHub page. Also, there is no relevant information regarding taproot updates on Electrum on any other forums but they won't take too long since other wallets are already supporting single sig taproot addresses so it's almost time to see them on Electrum too.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Zenp

Activity: 33
Merit: 37

View Profile
September 16, 2023, 06:48:11 PM

I'm a bit new in the forum and still trying to figure out how so many things work, I would love to know how to get a functional wallet address or a step-by-step guide on how to create one.

This post does a great job highlighting bitcoin wallets: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1631151.0

Give it a good read, I’m currently using the unstoppable wallet for iOS and it works great for my use case.

Electrum is good for windows aswell.

sokani

Activity: 546
Merit: 435

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2023, 08:12:16 PM

I would advise you to get a hardware wallet like Trezor, Coldcard, passport and store your assets. If you cannot afford it you can download an open source wallet like Electrum, Bluewallet or Unstoppable wallet. Any of these wallets come highly recommended but remember to download only from the official website and I've shared some download links below. When installing the wallet, it is important that you write down your seed phrase on a piece of paper and keep it safe.

https://electrum.org/#download
https://bluewallet.io/
https://unstoppable.money/
MegameSama

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

I will write anything for you

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2023, 01:31:12 AM

I recommend electrum, you can visit their website at https://electrum.org/, very simple, I have been using it since 2020 for hot wallets and safpal for cold wallets.

╓                                      I will write anything for you                                       ╖
║     〘 what you will get : 〙〘  ✅ Article according to your request. 〙•〘 ✅ 500-2000 words per article 〙  •〘 ✅ Free AI content checking 〙 •〘 ✅ Free content plagiarism checking 〙     ║
╙                  ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› pm me on telegram @megamesama  ◊ PRICE $10/Article ◊ unlimited revisions ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹                  ╜
Tiger420

Activity: 714
Merit: 2

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 17, 2023, 06:23:26 PM

Trust Wallet is a popular mobile cryptocurrency wallet. So I will recommended you to use Trust Wallet. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to create a wallet address using Trust Wallet:
1. Download Trust Wallet.
2. Create a New Wallet.
3. Set Up a Strong Password.
4. Backup & Confirm Your Recovery Phrase.
And The Wallet Will Be Create & Ready For Use.

TonTogether.com     |     Saving Empowers Winning
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
qwertyup23

Activity: 2254
Merit: 787

View Profile
September 17, 2023, 06:45:08 PM

Another recommendation would be to utilize exchanges.

Generally, exchanges are a good way to store your cryptocurrencies TEMPORARILY given its simple and convenient nature. The only catch is, you have to transfer your funds on the very least given their history of being hacked across the internet.

Though this may be the case, I primarily store my BTCs in our local exchange in our country due to its convenience. I highly suggest that you consider and explore this option as you may be inclined into discovering features that you may find useful in the long run but remember that never store your BTCs in exchanges permanently.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
nakamura12

Activity: 2282
Merit: 669

View Profile
September 17, 2023, 08:34:11 PM

Open source and closed source wallets have many differences including the issue of possible access to the seed transaction or keys held by the owner of the coins and tokens.
I always avoid using closed source wallets like Trust wallet and always pay attention to open source wallets for storing assets.
To store coins of more than one type, I use an unstoppable wallet.
Close source wallets is indeed have differences with open source wallets as open source wallets code is open for public where the close one isn't and that means close source wallet provider may have access to your wallet unlike the open source. You should also mention about hardware wallets to OP if OP doesn't mind spending money to buy hardware wallets. Well, there's nothing wrong with using free wallets and open source wallet since it doesn't cost anything at all.
Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1248

Life's but a walking shadow!

View Profile
September 17, 2023, 09:13:25 PM

Trust Wallet is a popular mobile cryptocurrency wallet. So I will recommended you to use Trust Wallet.
Trust wallet might be popular, but mind you that it is a closed source wallet, thus it isn't recommended. Binance is also the owner of trust wallet, and that is another red flag and a reason not to recommend it.
4. Backup & Confirm Your Recovery Phrase.
And The Wallet Will Be Create & Ready For Use.
It is true that it is a non custodial wallet and you get your recovery phrase, but because it is closed source you cannot check the code to see how the private keys were generated or if it is free from any vulnerability.
AprilioMP

Activity: 406
Merit: 379

Forum Only For Fun

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2023, 04:52:19 AM

Trust Wallet is a popular mobile cryptocurrency wallet. So I will recommended you to use Trust Wallet.

Trust wallet — in my opinion this is the worst recommendation for other people who are looking for a wallet to use because there are still so many of the best wallets that are worth recommending.
I am not spreading hatred towards the wallet you recommend, regardless of the reasons behind you recommending it

I don't understand your thoughts about wallets. People prefer and always try to stay away from closed source wallets but you should prefer closed source wallets like Trust Wallet.

To find out behind the diversion of closed source Trust Wallet by analogizing open source on Android can harm the crypto community. Read this article from Trust Wallet.
https://trustwallet.medium.com/why-open-sourcing-android-app-could-be-a-harm-to-the-crypto-community-fb3ae1707dc6

It's the reverse logic according to what they wrote in 2018 that I found.

snip
You should also mention about hardware wallets to OP if OP doesn't mind spending money to buy hardware wallets.

Thank You. It's already been mentioned so I don't think it's necessary to mention it anymore.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████