Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:09:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: May I ask, how can I securely store USDT, USDC, DAI?  (Read 306 times)
lyw123

Activity: 57
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 23, 2023, 02:46:29 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2023, 03:06:00 AM by lyw123

Do not take financial advice or it may lead you to lose your money from GhatGPT.

You are absolutely right.
lyw123

View Profile
September 23, 2023, 02:52:50 AM

Storing stablecoins in the hardwallet for the purpose of preserving the value of your profit is good, and seriously as I understand here you already have your prospect about buying a good hard wallet, I don't know if you meant to ask or this is just a marketing purposes. Anyway, I'll go for Trezor this time because of the issue with Ledger, I'm starting to move out my holdings and transferring it to Trezor for my own peace of mind.
I am also think about it. As a newbie, I have waste too much on junk hardware wallets like Ledger, and other close-source hardware wallets.
lyw123

View Profile
September 23, 2023, 03:05:27 AM

definitely some wallet like trezor, that at least have many measure are the way to go if you want to avoid your money ever being stolen.
I just don't think that there are any other safer way to avoid your money being stolen at this point, generating wallet for paper wallet sometime also seem futile considering that you have the chance of losing access to your wallet if you lost the paper wallet.
so i think if you have hardware wallet which you do, then just stick with it, its by far best solution that you got, the fact that many other also use it means its quite effective.

Yes, the design and all codes of open-source hardware wallets were verified by many experienced people. I can 100% trust these community supervision.
I wonder that I will buy a bitbox, and then half in bitbox and half in trezor. My ledger will be discarded in near future. There can be no security without supervision.
cute nmp

Activity: 1708
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 24, 2023, 07:14:35 AM

Simply store it in a private wallet that you don't use for any activity apart from that. Use your other day to day wallet for websites, exchanges and all other your activities .Thats how i have been storing crypto-assets for many years now.

▀███▄     enterapp.io   |   CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK     ▄███▀
▀█▄ ▀█▄          PRE-SALE IS LIVE          ▄█▀ ▄█▀
lyw123

View Profile
September 25, 2023, 03:01:08 AM

Simply store it in a private wallet that you don't use for any activity apart from that. Use your other day to day wallet for websites, exchanges and all other your activities .Thats how i have been storing crypto-assets for many years now.

Yes, the safest solution should be simple. I plan to use a 2-of-2 multi-signature wallet (Ledger + Trezor) to manage Bitcoin, and two single-signature wallets with passphrases (Trezor and Keystone) to manage Ethereum and BNB tokens. It can't get any more complicated than that.
mdzahed134

Activity: 2156
Merit: 259

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
September 26, 2023, 11:29:46 AM

If you are referring to storing USDT in a secure wallet, you have two options in that matter: centralized and decentralized exchange, and it can also be in any non-custodial wallet. It just depends on the research you do to keep USDT in your wallet.

Storting USDT or any other coins on the decentralized or centralized exchanges especially CEX is very high risky i think. Because you know CEX can be hacked at any time even Binance also hacked in the several times. Secondly, there are no benefits to hold stable coin for the long time if it will not be staking or farming like that. Another trouble is stable coin be frozen because it’s a decentralized ecosystem.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████