Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:04:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: George Residence becomes first hotel to accept Bitcoin in Nigeria  (Read 370 times)
Alice102030

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2023, 10:00:21 AM

Nijerya'daki şirketlerin Bitcoin hakkında bilgi sahibi olduklarını söyleyemem, ancak bu başlangıç, otellerin ve Nijerya'daki diğer birçok şirketin bitcoin kullanımına rezerv ve bir ödeme yöntemi olarak dahil olmaya başlamasının başlangıcı olabilir. Lagos Eyaleti'ndeki Lekki'de bulunan bu otel, bitcoin'i bir ödeme şekli ve otelin ana rezervi olarak kabul etmeye doğru ilerlemeye karar veren türünün ilk örneği olacak. 
Konaklama sektöründe ön saflarda yer alan bir oyuncu olan George Residence, Bitcoin'i bir ödeme şeklinin yanı sıra birincil rezervi olarak benimseme kararını açıkladı.  George Residence, 2020 yılında Nijerya konaklama endüstrisinin ön saflarına çıkan lüks bir şorttur. İcra Kurulu Başkanı CEO, 'Yanju George, medyaya yaptığı açıklamada açıklamayı yaptı. Ayrıca, Bitcoin'i birincil rezerv varlığı haline getirme kararının fiat enflasyonuna karşı korunmak olduğunu açıkladı.  "Kasa rezervlerimizin yaklaşık %50'sini Bitcoin'e ayırdık...Zaman geçtikçe bunu artırmayı umuyoruz," dedi. “Bitcoin geleceğin para birimidir ve geride kalmamak için güçlü bir şekilde konumlanmamız doğru.  "Bitcoin, misafirlerimize sunduğumuz konforun tadını çıkarmaları için daha hızlı ve daha güvenli bir yol sağlar. CEO, "Mülkinlerimiz sadelik istiyor ve bunu onlara sunabildiğimiz için heyecanlıyız" dedi.
  Bunun Nijerya'daki otellerin Bitcoin'i bir ödeme şekli ve ayrılmış bir varlık olarak kabul etmeye başlamasının sadece başlangıcı olduğunu düşünüyorum. [/alıntı]

I think it should come to Turkey too, there are not many places in Turkey, especially in Istanbul, that accept this.
Jating

Activity: 2940
Merit: 808

View Profile
September 22, 2023, 01:06:03 PM

It’s nice to see business owner take initiative to add bitcoin as a payment method in their business. I’m excited about this development in Lagos, there has been a lot of criticism on members claiming to adopt bitcoin payment in their business, most of which are Nigerians. This move by this Nigerian hotel shows the level bitcoin holds in the country and how open minded Nigerians are. This is just one among many others we are yet to discover.
The owner probably knows about bitcoin and thinks that it's probably a good idea to add bitcoin as a payment option, pretty significant move but in a country like Nigeria, I think that it's much better if they can influence other businesses to do this to really make a difference. I am all for bitcoin being used for commerce and stuff but I don't really see it as the best solution because if you've been in bitcoin or crypto space for a while now, you really don't like spending bitcoin instead you want to accumulate more, it's like you are paying stocks to buy snacks or stay in a hotel.

Most likely this is the case, and we also know that Nigerian is one country that is really on top as far as crypto goes, not just bitcoin. So maybe we shouldn't be surprised at all with this news.

Or it could set another precedence as well when hotels are going to accept bitcoin as payment. I remember back years ago when there is a supposedly airline companies that accepts bitcoin as well. So maybe in luxury travel, perhaps in the future bitcoin is going to be big in this sector.
Zlantann
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 22, 2023, 03:34:07 PM

I am thinking this is just the beginning of hotels in Nigeria to beggining to accept Bitcoin as a form of payment, and as a reserved asset.

This is a good news coming from Nigeria. This country holds great potential for Bitcoin adoption because of its highly youthful population. The country also has technological infrastructure such as internet connections which will aid the easy use of Bitcoin. The number of mobile phone usage is also high and a large junk of the population is educated. The government has tried to stop the popularity of Bitcoin by restricting banks from transacting in cryptocurrencies but the youthful population has kept embracing the currency. The constant fall of the nation's currency and the resultant inflation have made people turn to Bitcoin as a hedge against inflation. I hope more companies will follow suit.

But Nigeria wants to ban Bitcoin, doesn't it?

The Nigerian government doesn't have any plan to ban Bitcoin currently.  The Central Bank of Nigeria only prohibited banks from engaging in crypto transactions. The country has a high number of Bitcoiners.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Cryptomultiplier

Activity: 784
Merit: 181

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2023, 04:15:23 PM

It’s nice to see business owner take initiative to add bitcoin as a payment method in their business. I’m excited about this development in Lagos, there has been a lot of criticism on members claiming to adopt bitcoin payment in their business, most of which are Nigerians. This move by this Nigerian hotel shows the level bitcoin holds in the country and how open minded Nigerians are. This is just one among many others we are yet to discover.
The owner probably knows about bitcoin and thinks that it's probably a good idea to add bitcoin as a payment option, pretty significant move but in a country like Nigeria, I think that it's much better if they can influence other businesses to do this to really make a difference. I am all for bitcoin being used for commerce and stuff but I don't really see it as the best solution because if you've been in bitcoin or crypto space for a while now, you really don't like spending bitcoin instead you want to accumulate more, it's like you are paying stocks to buy snacks or stay in a hotel.

Most likely this is the case, and we also know that Nigerian is one country that is really on top as far as crypto goes, not just bitcoin. So maybe we shouldn't be surprised at all with this news.

Or it could set another precedence as well when hotels are going to accept bitcoin as payment. I remember back years ago when there is a supposedly airline companies that accepts bitcoin as well. So maybe in luxury travel, perhaps in the future bitcoin is going to be big in this sector.
We definitely will see more businesses accept BTC for payment real soon because of the awareness of BTC in this country already. The hotel accepting this would lead other to follow suit as others keenly watch how the government and regulators would react to this news from the George Residence hotel.
What I think is that more people and businesses will get to accept BTC for payments more, after the halving activity has been initiated and implemented as expected, next year.
BTC has assured its customers of being durable, valuable and reliable to some extent than altcoins or even our local fiat can prove to be.
It's a welcomed development.

Franctoshi

Activity: 812
Merit: 560

View Profile
September 22, 2023, 05:28:20 PM

It is high time that companies in Nigeria start to decide between continuing to hold and receive payments in the local fiat currency Naira or sorting for alternatives such as Bitcoin and seeing that the Nigeria Naira is on a steady decline against the United States dollar (USD), that recently saw Naira exchanging at the rate of $1/#998  per USD, which is almost a thousand naira ($1/#1000).
 I don't know if this hotel happens to be the first of its kind to accept Bitcoin, but seems they are the first to officially make headlines or hit the media in Nigeria.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x