Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:27:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] What is recommended to follow "Social Media Or DYOR" in the crypto world  (Read 339 times)
Viscore

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647

View Profile
November 11, 2023, 09:48:58 PM

The fundamental investment rule of cryptocurrency is to always Dyor first. 99.7% of most social media crypto influencer recommendations are pure shill and social media is the space where most market manipulation is generated lately. Besides, the SEC lawsuit against Kim Kardashian, Jake Paul, Lindsay Lohan, etc is an example.
However, we have some experienced crypto traders who tweeted that chart analysis that's different but people still to do their own research.

In other words, we have the responsibility to validate what these people are saying even if they are popular personalities.
As we don't know the absolute truth behind their promotion, but we can do our own research if they are legit or not.
Most social media influencers these days are being paid, so they will say what they are hired for.
The good thing is with a lot of resources that you can find over the net, you can educate yourself on basically any subject you want to check with.
In short, learn to research everything that requires validation. These popular influencers might have created a good reputation but we can't just rely on it and expect that everything they say are based on facts and not just to manipulate us. A lot of crypto influencers have been successful at the start but the fact that they become more exposed to the greed for money, that's when they become more doubtful for us.

However, I can't tell that the crypto influencers in general are unreliable as there are some who are still genuine on their concepts that they are sharing, but in order to keep ourselves not from falling into some of their traps, then DYOR would always be the best choice.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Distinctin

Activity: 2800
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
November 11, 2023, 09:58:19 PM

Either way you took you're not still safe or exempted from the attack of scammers because they are everywhere, but what gives you control over them is when you know what you're doing, having the knowledge is a key without being deceived, while making your own research, there are many things to come across with, both fake and real, but when you're guided, you will not took the wrong steps, don't also be misguided by emotions or greediness, these also draws people more closer to loosing their asset to scam.
At the end of the day, DYOR is the most crucial thing if we want to avoid being attacked by scammers. If we remain to be clueless and less knowledgeable, it would be easy for them to lure and deceive us with everything they say that really looks good and legit to us. But when we put everything on research before we decide to fall for them, then that will create us a wall to protect ourselves from those scamming attacks.

While scamming has become more unavoidable these days and the whole market is not safe anymore most particularly for beginners, then lets do the right thing through starting with in depth research. With knowledge and understanding that is built with us through research, then its easier for us to identify if these people are some kind of scammers or these people are telling only the facts that we are obliged to know.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 01, 2024, 03:51:42 AM

I suppose that I already provided a bit of a response to OP in the second half of my response post in his other thread entitled " A Guide for cryptocurrency newbies for overcoming FOMO."

It seems that part of the problem of OP, and also forum member who are accepting vague ass definitions and framing of the topics, then we get caught up in meaningless, gobbledy gook of conversations in which we have not sufficiently/adequately described the difference between bitcoin and crypto.

How are we going to overcome confusing and misleading information if we cannot even figure out ways to start out with a proper kind of framework. Once we get the framework more clear by either understanding bitcoin first, or at least recognizing and appreciating that some things apply to bitcoin but do not apply to shitcoins, and somethings apply to shitcoins and not to bitcoin, and sure there are some things that apply to both, but we would still need to know when. 

So if we use the same dumb-ass vague meaningless and misleading language in which we lump all things together, as if there were even such a thing as "crypto."  When people use the term crypto without describing what the fuck they are talking about, then they likely do not know what they are talking about.

Another thing might be the lack of necessity to actually have to waste any time and energies of doing any research on anything else, if we start with bitcoin and then work our way from there.  How does this relate to bitcoin?  Sure sometimes we can branch out to looking into shitcoins and shitcoin related projects, but if we at least first figure out what is bitcoin and then what things relate more to bitcoin or not, then at least we can develop some priorities, and perhaps even present the information better too.. once we understand the information better by putting it into a more clear framework in regards to its relation to bitcoin. .and stop parroting dumbass language ie crypto, unless you define and describe what you are talking about first... .then no problem to use the term if it is at least defined and described rather than just vaguely mentioned as if there was no heirarchy within the field, which is more or less king daddy first... and do I need to explain more? 

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
UchihaSarada

Activity: 434
Merit: 141

View Profile
January 01, 2024, 04:05:30 AM

I suppose that I already provided a bit of a response to OP in the second half of my response post in his other thread entitled " A Guide for cryptocurrency newbies for overcoming FOMO."

It seems that part of the problem of OP, and also forum member who are accepting vague ass definitions and framing of the topics, then we get caught up in meaningless, gobbledy gook of conversations in which we have not sufficiently/adequately described the difference between bitcoin and crypto.

How are we going to overcome confusing and misleading information if we cannot even figure out ways to start out with a proper kind of framework.
Assume I am newbie and just join Bitcoin market in 2024, I did not know about what was shared on social media since 2009 to 2023.

I only can look at Bitcoin price chart and with this simple yearly chart, I only feel super bullish. Social media has many misleading information that can cause panic, FOMO and it's harmful for my investment. If I don't use social media, I feel I can hold my bitcoin better.
https://charts.bitbo.io/yearly-candles/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: