Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:21:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuck ethereum transaction (while using Changelly), unable to export eth wallet  (Read 94 times)
kstunna86 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2023, 07:40:29 PM

Hello,

I sometimes use the changelly/exchange function inside my android Mycelium app to go from eth to btc.  It has worked fine for me so far, except today, it for some reason sent the eth to changelly at 9 gwei (low gwei right now is in the mid 20s)

Unfortunately the exchange feature does not allow you to see or set your transaction speed/gas costs, so I didn't know this would happen, or know why it happened. 

The problem is, now my eth is stuck being sent to changelly (the exchange has already "expired", so I am not even sure what would happen if it went through to them right now anyways.)

My solution was to try and export my wallet to metamask or and do a 0 nonce cancel transaction.  However, when I use my seed phrase to create a new metamask, only the very first ethereum address from my mycelium wallet is imported.  If I click "add new wallet", you would think my 2nd mycelium eth addy would show up but it is a completely unknown eth address.  I tried this also on MEW the android app, and returned the same results as metamask.

It happens to be my 23rd eth address in mycelium for whatever that info is worth, but I see no way to export that addresses private key specifically in the app.  Additionally, there is no way I am aware of to do a 0 nonce cancel/replace tx through mycelium.

I am open to all suggestions to try and push the tx through or cancel it. 

Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2023, 11:48:17 PM

I don't think this one would work I never tested this but you can try it might work.

I suggest you to try extracting all private keys from your HD seed backup from your Mycelium Ethereum account to find the exact ETH address you looking for. In order to do that you will need a tool like this link below make sure to change the coins into ETH and then paste the seed backup.

- https://iancoleman.io/bip39/
(don't forget to run this tool page on an offline device for safety purposes)

After you paste scroll to the bottom you will see all ETH addresses from your seed if you can't find it there click more rows or edit it from 20 to 150 or more then use the find in page with your browser and paste the exact address you looking for.

Once you find it scroll to the right to get the private key you can use it to import it directly to Metamask.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1788

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
October 27, 2023, 12:27:10 AM

1. You can import the seed to myetherwallet (myetherwallet.com) Be very careful, this is the web version of the wallet, and it is prone to phishing attacks. Triple check the URL before you import your seeds

After selecting the option to import your keys, you will get to this page where you can choose the wallet you want to access by pressing next

Click next until you reach 23rd ETH address, select it and the restore the account using the button below. Myether wallet will display the address as the default one

2. The other options are to restore the seed onto either the Metamask or myetherwallet mobile apps but once you restore the wallet, you will have to create new addresses with in the newly restored wallet until you get to the 23rd ETH address which is kind of tiresome.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
kstunna86 (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2023, 01:35:46 AM

I have gone a bit deeper down the rabbit hole and actually tried both methods replied to above.

The issue I have run into is that Mycelium for android does not use the standard derivation path.  This is why clicking creste new account 23 times on either MEW or Metamask doesnt work. It also isn't one of the preset BIP options for that iancoleman github site and I dont see a way to enter a custom one.

MEW has a custom option but I couldn't get the strange syntax to read right.  According to a list I found on walletsrecovery.org, the derivation path is:

m/44' | 49' | 84' / 0' /n'

At this point I don't really understand much other than this derivation path makes a differerent tree of addresses than the standard BIP options that most sites like metamask and  MEW use, so unless I can somehow get the tree generated using this derivation path I will never get my matching eth addresses.

Maybe someone with a bit more experience using MEW and their custom BIP syntax can give me a clearer idea of how to enter the above into their field to get it to work? Or is there a custom option on the Iancoleman site I am missing?
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1792

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2023, 03:37:54 AM

This is why clicking creste new account 23 times on either MEW or Metamask doesnt work. It also isn't one of the preset BIP options for that iancoleman github site and I dont see a way to enter a custom one.
What do you mean by creating a new account 23 times? I think what people suggest you do is to click the next button on MEW to see the 23rd address, not create a new wallet, and import the seed each time.

If worst comes to worst, I guess your only option is to ask Changelly and tell them your problem, and hope they can return or process your exchange.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
kstunna86 (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2023, 06:40:45 AM

Yeah I did it the slow way with the MEW app first with 23 clicks but also tried the faster version by hitting next to see all addresses on their browser version. The real issue is that the tree of addresses that MEW is creating doesn't contain my eth addresss.

This isn't really a Changelly issue. I think a mod or automod moved it here from the Mycelium wallet forum because the word Changelly is in the title. The mycelium wallet uses changelly in the background to process these exchanges from eth to btc, but i never actually leave the wallet and do not have an account with changelly. As of yet, changelly doesn't have my funds either, and I can't safely say whether it was the wallet or their service which resulted in the low gwei send.  My assumption is that because the exchanges have "expired" that once they get sent via a low gwei day or me sorting out a 0 nonce send, that changelly will automatically send it back the same way a dex would if you missed the timing window. If not I will def speak to them then if they end up with my eth and no exchange occurs.
libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 942

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2023, 11:18:15 AM

It happens to be my 23rd eth address in mycelium for whatever that info is worth, but I see no way to export that addresses private key specifically in the app.

Can you enable this setting [1] and tell what derivation path does it show on balance page? [2].

I'm asking this to confirm whether 'Ethereum 23' mere alias you choose while creating address or its actually derived 23rd time.

[1] https://www.talkimg.com/image/TLjUo

[2] https://www.talkimg.com/image/TL11l

.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1788

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
October 27, 2023, 10:58:17 PM

MEW has a custom option but I couldn't get the strange syntax to read right.  According to a list I found on walletsrecovery.org, the derivation path is:

m/44' | 49' | 84' / 0' /n'

Something is off about your derivation path. Could you please follow what @libert19 suggested tell us the derivation path you see on mycelium wallet under that particular address that has your funds?

Even my Mycelium wallet goes like this
Code:
m/44'/60'/0'/0/0

Where

Code:
m / purpose' / coin_type' / account' / change / address_index

Coin type 60 is Ethereum anything outside that is not Ethereum. Something is wrong with your derivation path.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
kstunna86 (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2023, 11:28:11 PM

Ok thank you for highlighting that setting. Didn't know that was in there.  It seems that my derivation path for the specific wallet is:

m/44'/60'/22'/0/0

or the very first eth address I created is m/44'/60'/0'/0/0

Using the 44/60/0/0/0 one again only nets me the first correct address, and all the others are different.

libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 942

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2023, 04:21:40 AM

Ok thank you for highlighting that setting. Didn't know that was in there.  It seems that my derivation path for the specific wallet is:

m/44'/60'/22'/0/0

or the very first eth address I created is m/44'/60'/0'/0/0

Using the 44/60/0/0/0 one again only nets me the first correct address, and all the others are different.

Ok, do this. Go on MEW wallet website, import your mnemonic, add this derivation path without quotes, "m/44'/60'/22'/0" — select it and the first address you will see there will of your mycellium wallet.