Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:53:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Made Bitcoin Core Hardening Tutorial - Admin Deleted The Thread After 2 Days  (Read 272 times)
ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
October 02, 2023, 09:58:32 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

--snip--
Thank you for the links ETF. I have checked all the links you provided and luckily I have the minimum required system rerquiremnts. I understood it's a bit of complicated process but I'm sure if I try a little, I'll get it installed, as I have experience in testing out other OS (Basically different linux distros).

That's great, just don't forget Qubes OS feels different compared with most linux distro.

BTW do you know what is qubes OS is based on? I haven't checked every line of the documentation. It's filled with links and sections.

As @Joeyp said, it's based on Fedora. A bit detail about it can be found at https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/supported-releases/#dom0.

One thing, I didn't quite understand is that there was a term where it said operating system freedom,  means I can use linux distros along with windows program. In day to day linux, there are many alternative windows applications, like office. I wonder, what did they meant! Did they somehow integrated windows apps in their OS, or is it just an alternative.

IIRC it refer to Windows OS support on it's Qube/VM along with some feature to make it more user friendly (such as showing an Windows application rather than whole VM screen).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████