Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:26:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue with Exodus app on mobile phone (android)  (Read 204 times)
BVeyron

Activity: 1652
Merit: 936

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
September 29, 2023, 09:11:22 PM

Sup folks! Yesterday when I woke up i was gonna pay a bill so I started my bank app on the phone but when I did I got this message on my screen. (I put picture in the bottom)
I only had two options, to delete the Exodus app if i wanted to continue using the bank app or close the bank app (that of course won't work, I need to pay my bills.  Cool)

I been using Exodus for a couple of years and never had this issue before, I tried to restart the phone several times same thing came up.
Have anyone else had the same exp before? It's strange that it's just happens after a year of using the app, and the app is also downloaded from Google Play.
Maybe Exodus have some issue at the moment with their Android App? Or it could be some issue with my phone.
Or my phone got some shit inside it, witch I highly doubt since I never share anything or download any shit at any time, never.

But it was a bit strange and a little bit nervous to see the warning message first, I wonder why it arrived there? How can a app get infected just like that.  Tongue
First I thinking that my wallet was hacked, but all the bitcoin was still there. If you using Exodus on your wallet, I recommend you to check if you have any similar issues.

Anyway! The most important thing was that no bitcoin was missing, but anyway I instantly moved the bitcoin I had there to another wallet and deleted the app, then I tried to install it again and everything was back to normal, but I did not reset that wallet, I created a new one.

...And yes I know that a cold wallet is the best option, but been 100% without a hot wallet is impossible for me.
This thread should not be about what wallet is the best and safest, just about this particular problem at Exodus (or my phone).

I think that these things can happen due to some app settings: either protection utilities have problems with identifying exodus as a non-malware, or some new features of the app don't suit security protocols. In general, it's better to check security and permission settings of the Exodus app, and its useful to check general privacy and security settings as well. Sometimes these troubles appear after apps updating. However, a malware seeking for wallet data is also a possible reason for this...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1332

View Profile
September 29, 2023, 09:18:49 PM

Sup folks! Yesterday when I woke up i was gonna pay a bill so I started my bank app on the phone but when I did I got this message on my screen. (I put picture in the bottom)
I only had two options, to delete the Exodus app if i wanted to continue using the bank app or close the bank app (that of course won't work, I need to pay my bills.  Cool)

I been using Exodus for a couple of years and never had this issue before, I tried to restart the phone several times same thing came up.
Have anyone else had the same exp before? It's strange that it's just happens after a year of using the app, and the app is also downloaded from Google Play.
Maybe Exodus have some issue at the moment with their Android App? Or it could be some issue with my phone.
Or my phone got some shit inside it, witch I highly doubt since I never share anything or download any shit at any time, never.

But it was a bit strange and a little bit nervous to see the warning message first, I wonder why it arrived there? How can a app get infected just like that.  Tongue
First I thinking that my wallet was hacked, but all the bitcoin was still there. If you using Exodus on your wallet, I recommend you to check if you have any similar issues.

Anyway! The most important thing was that no bitcoin was missing, but anyway I instantly moved the bitcoin I had there to another wallet and deleted the app, then I tried to install it again and everything was back to normal, but I did not reset that wallet, I created a new one.

...And yes I know that a cold wallet is the best option, but been 100% without a hot wallet is impossible for me.
This thread should not be about what wallet is the best and safest, just about this particular problem at Exodus (or my phone).

Sorry for bad English and other stuff, I am not from a native English speaking country so I did my best.
According to the picture you posted your phone is telling you the exodus wallet app is infected, now you do not know if this is a false positive or if it is accurate but you cannot really afford to hope for the best, it seems you have already moved your bitcoin but is that wallet on a different device than the one that presented the infection? If not then get your coins out of there as you never know what it may happen if you keep delaying moving your coins to a different device.
BabyBandit (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 68

Freedom speech and decentralized places. 💕

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2023, 06:40:31 AM

Hi again, I would like to thanks everyone that took their time to issue this problem, all answers helped me in one way or another.

What I did was that I re-install my phone from scratch that people mentioned here and then installed everything back again, even Exodus but I did create a new wallet and did not restore the old one, I did move all my coins to a wallet on another device during the time.

If I had merit I would merit every reply, thanks again and have a great weekend, as for now the problem is solved so I will lock the thread. 🙏

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: