Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:17:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin started in 2009  (Read 276 times)
ZAINmalik75

Activity: 1232
Merit: 600

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2023, 09:10:38 PM

How many people knew Bitcoin in 2009 and how much was it worth in 2009?
I did not know about BTC back in 2009 and talking about its price back 2009, not sure because there was no exchange at that time where we could trade BTC like we can trade now, but to be sure it you have to read the following thread where the first BTC trade were made, and the laszlo ho sold his 10 BTC just for 2 pizza was the first guy ever, and at that time, the price of 2 pizza like maybe around $40 the thing is after reading the thread you will see the trade happened in 2010 which means till 2010 there was no price for BTC.

I might be wrong here, but after that trade in 2010 things started to change and BTC started to get value.
If someone bought Bitcoin in 2009, is that buyer rich now?
Of course, he will be rich, but I don't think that in 2009 there was any BTC trade might happened because only miners were making BTC.
Bitcoin now stands at 26,893 and was it lower in 2009?
Yes, it was lower.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
odunybiz

Activity: 630
Merit: 122

Epsiloan Protocol

View Profile
October 10, 2023, 08:15:48 PM

Op, at this time Bitcoin was not yet trading, but you could get it by mining it yourself. If anyone is still holding his/her Bitcoin from the year 2009 till date that person will be a rich soul by now because the Bitcoin price has grown from $0.0009 to $26k plus

Most people that mine it back then in 2009 must have sold it out before now. Humans are so patient like that and no one see it this way in the early years.

GeorgeJohn

Activity: 1428
Merit: 658

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
October 10, 2023, 09:04:52 PM

Some people have come across bitcoin when it was introduced and the thing is that some of them could not research and know that bitcoin is something I know quite well that will have such influence or will come and stay for long time, the part of reason while some do not invest in bitcoin when bitcoin was newly created is that Bitcoin is something I know that people that took the risk and invest in bitcoin due their research they performed in cryptocurrency and mostly in bitcoin knowing that if future is going to be a valuable asset zero their mind and invest in bitcoin.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 10, 2023, 10:18:32 PM

Your guess is as good as mine. Not many people, both here and outside this forum. I learnt it was worth less than a cent around that time.

Not all who bought Bitcoin then enjoys its present benefit in value. Many of the early adopters didn't know of wallet security and thus a lot of wallets were vulnerable and got easily hacked. Some lost their PKeys or access details and can't gain access till date.

That question shouldn't have been asked as the answer is obvious.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Tuturtinular

Activity: 994
Merit: 152

View Profile
October 10, 2023, 11:59:01 PM

Are you someone who bought Bitcoin in 2009 or 2010 and tell me your story about the buy?

I didn't expect there would be a question like this. For complete answers and graphs regarding Bitcoin price movements, you can use Google and you will find a long history of Bitcoin's journey from time to time.

If there is someone who has kept bitcoins from 2009 until now then it is clear that that person has become a very rich person. Because at that time the price of bitcoin was still very cheap so people who owned bitcoin at that time certainly held large amounts of bitcoin, maybe thousands of bitcoins.

But that's the past and we can't go back to it so it's better to forget it and create a new future with bitcoin because bitcoin will have a much better price in the future.
Out of mind

Activity: 448
Merit: 218

I like to treat everyone as a friend 🔹

View Profile
October 17, 2023, 12:41:24 PM

Are you someone who bought Bitcoin in 2009 or 2010 and tell me your story about the buy?
When Satoshi Nakamoto created Bitcoin in 2009, very few people knew about Bitcoin. And then there was no value of Bitcoin, but zero was the price of a Bitcoin. But since Bitcoin was developed, the price of Bitcoin has started to increase.

Of course, the person who sold in 2009 is now much richer and has profited. When the Bitcoin market started to gain momentum, people trusted and invested in Bitcoin, and at one point they became successful. The person who bought the bitcoins at that time has now profited by millions.

At this moment in 2023, the Bitcoin market has reached over $28,000. But in 2009, the price of Bitcoin was so low that people weren't buying, but after 14 long years, the demand for Bitcoin increased. Day by day more and more people are jumping on Bitcoin and the demand is increasing, I think Bitcoin will gain more popularity in the future.

Because I didn't know about Bitcoin in 2009 and 2010, and I didn't know anything about Bitcoin. So I don't have any stories about that happening, but I read one story where a man bought two pizzas with 10000 bitcoins.

reagansimms

Activity: 966
Merit: 542

View Profile
October 17, 2023, 02:33:03 PM

Not too many and cannot be mentioned in numbers, the point is that at that time Bitcoin was not as popular as it is today.
If you've heard of Papa John's Pizza, it was the first Bitcoin commercial transaction. At that time On May 22, 2010, the price of 1 Bitcoin did not even reach $1.

Apart from Satoshi, Who was able to keep it until now since he got Bitcoin in 2009.
The past is very beautiful to remember, but it can never be turned back.

What do you think, is it lower or higher?

Unfortunately at that time I didn't know Gadget, so I can't say anything here.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Truthlovecoins

Activity: 100
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 17, 2023, 04:06:57 PM

I only got to develop my interest in Bitcoin since last year when I found myself in a neighborhood where the story of Bitcoin never leave their lips. That's what led me here to learn more and possibly invest and trade with it, as well as make payments for purchase online.

So far, it has been an eye opener for me because I have got to know why Bitcoin is different from other altcoins or shitcoins as is fondly called and am still trying to understand and observe how the halving as I have learnt will happen next year.
Currently, Bitcoin is about $30k and it's way higher than it was , but though it is still expected to rise more, it offers more stability during market volatilities and trends, hence why it is more secure to invest in than other shitcoins out there.
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
October 17, 2023, 06:22:02 PM

I only got to develop my interest in Bitcoin since last year when I found myself in a neighborhood where the story of Bitcoin never leave their lips. That's what led me here to learn more and possibly invest and trade with it, as well as make payments for purchase online.

So far, it has been an eye opener for me because I have got to know why Bitcoin is different from other altcoins or shitcoins as is fondly called and am still trying to understand and observe how the halving as I have learnt will happen next year.
Currently, Bitcoin is about $30k and it's way higher than it was , but though it is still expected to rise more, it offers more stability during market volatilities and trends, hence why it is more secure to invest in than other shitcoins out there.
The ATH has been around $68k during coinbase listing and all other stuff going on but after that we have seen huge dumps but still it's growing slowly with current prices trading around $28k.The next halving is around and if you don't know about it just check it online that could affect the prices more during the time so expecting some good returns but definitely it's best for investment purposes and if you how worthless those shitcoins are.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
HONDACD125

Activity: 378
Merit: 294

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2023, 06:53:57 PM

When Satoshi Nakamoto created Bitcoin in 2009, very few people knew about Bitcoin. And then there was no value of Bitcoin, but zero was the price of a Bitcoin. But since Bitcoin was developed, the price of Bitcoin has started to increase.

Of course, the person who sold in 2009 is now much richer and has profited. When the Bitcoin market started to gain momentum, people trusted and invested in Bitcoin, and at one point they became successful. The person who bought the bitcoins at that time has now profited by millions.

At this moment in 2023, the Bitcoin market has reached over $28,000. But in 2009, the price of Bitcoin was so low that people weren't buying, but after 14 long years, the demand for Bitcoin increased. Day by day more and more people are jumping on Bitcoin and the demand is increasing, I think Bitcoin will gain more popularity in the future.

Because I didn't know about Bitcoin in 2009 and 2010, and I didn't know anything about Bitcoin. So I don't have any stories about that happening, but I read one story where a man bought two pizzas with 10000 bitcoins.

No one knew about Bitcoin in our country, but still many people are unaware of Bitcoin. However, there is no point in regretting the opportunity that has slipped our hands. The bear season is still going on and Bitcoin is still getting a good price, so I think investing at this time can still give us a good return in the future, but the difference is that in 2009 we could buy a large number of Bitcoin, and not everyone can afford to buy Bitcoin at the current price.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Franctoshi

Activity: 798
Merit: 546

View Profile
October 17, 2023, 07:35:45 PM

I only know of a friend who bought some Bitcoin when it was around 1$ and has almost sold it all, he currently holds only 1 BTC out of all. And from his story, he said a lot of people including him did not believe Bitcoin back then would be worth anything today let alone this much today and a lot of them sold at some point, even from his narration the 1 BTC he owns today happens that at some point he lost access to the wallet that holds the Bitcoin but later recovered it when he saw Bitcoin hit $20k before the last bull market.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Sophokles

Activity: 1218
Merit: 516

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2023, 09:00:33 PM

In Bitcoin's early stages, most of its holders were developers and some nerdy people who understood its potential at the time. Still most of them sell their holdings after few years because no one knew bitcoin would be at this current level one day. If someone has been holding bitcoin since 2009 then he must be a lunatic and he saw the future in his dream. Most of the people who sold or lost their bitcoin early now regret their decision.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀