Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:54:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and gambling which one has done you more harm  (Read 595 times)
kingvirtus09

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2023, 04:58:24 PM

I don't really remember that Bitcoin has harmed me. Even if we say that Bitcoin has harmed others, I haven't heard any news like that. Isn't there anything? Then how can Bitcoin be harmed, whether it is digital or intangible? Maybe what you mean by making a topic is that you invested in bitcoin and then suddenly you didn't make any money from it and you didn't get anything.

Is that what OP means? Then Bitcoin is very far away from gambling because there is no game in it, whereas in gambling, there is only a game, and there is only gambling or relying on luck to make money here. Compared to bitcoin, it is not like that.

Captain Corporate

Activity: 2016
Merit: 575

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2023, 05:02:07 PM

Neither to be fair. If I lose money while gambling that is usually calculated anyway, I gamble knowing full well that I will lose that money and the word in the root meaning of it is actually risking it, that's what gambling means, sometimes people talk about gambling in other terms, like "he jumped from that height, he gambled with his life" type of things, meaning he risked his life. So I know that I will most probably lose and that's why it doesn't really harm me, if we were to say which one made e lose more money then I would say easily gambling made me lose more money but it didn't harm me to lose it, because I already knew the risks before going in. Trading didn't really made me lose much but I did lose a bit of money there too ,investment is where I made most of my money, I still have some coins aside, not a lot but a bit, and that makes me do better, at least best out of all of them.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
jeha2015

Activity: 548
Merit: 167

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
October 10, 2023, 05:18:09 PM

I don't really remember that Bitcoin has harmed me. Even if we say that Bitcoin has harmed others, I haven't heard any news like that. Isn't there anything? Then how can Bitcoin be harmed, whether it is digital or intangible? Maybe what you mean by making a topic is that you invested in bitcoin and then suddenly you didn't make any money from it and you didn't get anything.

Without learning basic knowledge about bitcoin, trying to invest in bitcoin can be considered as gambling. What I mean by doing something that we don't understand will be detrimental, the same as gambling which only relies on lust to make a profit. Without knowledge, we don't know how to store bitcoins properly, which makes us lose money. Maybe this is the reason OP created a topic like this.
Bitcoin and gambling are very different, but if we don't know their uses well then both can make us lose money.

Is that what OP means? Then Bitcoin is very far away from gambling because there is no game in it, whereas in gambling, there is only a game, and there is only gambling or relying on luck to make money here. Compared to bitcoin, it is not like that.

Gambling when we bet if we lose we will lose, but not bitcoin. Bitcoin is an investment asset even though the market is not good, but if we continue to hold bitcoin we will not lose.

ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1510

View Profile
October 10, 2023, 05:25:36 PM

There is no correlation between Bitcoin and gambling. One is a currency/asset, the other is a recreational activity.
Investing is one thing, gambling is another. You can't make money with gambling. In the short term you think you win, but in the long term you always lose. If you invest, you are likely to win in the long run. Especially if you invest in assets like Bitcoin, you're likely to make good gains in the long run. Comparing this to gambling is absurd. Why would Bitcoin hurt anyone? It doesn't make any sense.
khiholangkang

Activity: 2058
Merit: 571

View Profile
October 10, 2023, 05:47:59 PM

There is no correlation between Bitcoin and gambling. One is a currency/asset, the other is a recreational activity.
Investing is one thing, gambling is another. You can't make money with gambling. In the short term you think you win, but in the long term you always lose. If you invest, you are likely to win in the long run. Especially if you invest in assets like Bitcoin, you're likely to make good gains in the long run. Comparing this to gambling is absurd. Why would Bitcoin hurt anyone? It doesn't make any sense.
What he describes is that it is more like treating bitcoin. I understand what you mean, and literally gambling and bitcoin are two very different elements.

The logic is that for people who gamble in trading bitcoins in the market, they are not actually investing in bitcoins to maintain their value or having bitcoins in their wallets to invest long term, but they are relying on multipliers on trades to get winnings in the short time available. on two long/short options.
And one more thing, for those who treat bitcoin hoping for a price increase without knowing what bitcoin is, it's the same as placing a bet. IMO

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
chigo

Activity: 209
Merit: 54

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2023, 06:28:38 PM

When we gamble what we are looking after or expecting is money which is [profit] and when buy bitcoin and invest what we are looking after is [profit] and when you so many people they skip bitcoin investment to gamble and some uses very big amount of money to gamble whereas the same amount of money will achieve some fraction in bitcoin investment. So I come with this question to know the thing between this option or words I presented the one that done you more harm, if bitcoin  has done you more harm during the times you invested in bitcoin you can tell the public and if gambling has done you more harm by losing in gambling frequently you can also tell the public.

But for me I think gambling is the one that done people more harm than bitcoins investment, because almost every day people gamble with different platforms but its few of people that invest in a day or weekly, I will like us to discuss these.
You have to understand that as long as you sell the bitcoin you own or hold when the price goes down then you will not experience a penny of loss, bitcoin investors must understand that

Meanwhile, gambling is an activity that risks your money (you put money in to get more money), so I think people have more to lose from gambling than buying Bitcoin
BitcoinsGreat

Activity: 994
Merit: 280

View Profile
October 10, 2023, 06:38:20 PM

But for me I think gambling is the one that done people more harm than bitcoins investment, because almost every day people gamble with different platforms but its few of people that invest in a day or weekly, I will like us to discuss these.

Bitcoin has been increasing in value for last many years. You're always in profit if you bought the bitcoin in 2012- 2020. Even when we reach new highs in the next bull run, then everyone who bought bitcoin earlier will be in profit, so how can you compare gambling and bitcoin  Huh

Gambling is too much risky. You put money and the very next minute you either win some money or lose everything. This does not happen with Bitcoin investments. You buy Bitcoin now and hold for a few years to become a millionaire.

Bitcoin has the least risk for those who can hold and gambling is 100% risky and depends solely on luck.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 10, 2023, 06:41:32 PM

When we gamble what we are looking after or expecting is money which is [profit] and when buy bitcoin and invest what we are looking after is [profit] and when you so many people they skip bitcoin investment to gamble and some uses very big amount of money to gamble whereas the same amount of money will achieve some fraction in bitcoin investment. So I come with this question to know the thing between this option or words I presented the one that done you more harm, if bitcoin  has done you more harm during the times you invested in bitcoin you can tell the public and if gambling has done you more harm by losing in gambling frequently you can also tell the public.

Harm with Bitcoin investment is something that having no sense. Why? As long you arent selling on loss then the harmful effect isnt really something that could be possible.Those are just unrealized losses but as long you do hold up your position then it wont really be consider to be negative and since we do know that this market is really that having that potential specially with Bitcoin then it is really just that more worth compared to gambling if we do speak about profits. Come to think that Bitcoin investment and Gambling is for entertainment on which there's a significant line in between things. Totally depends on whats  your approach towards Bitcoin investment
whether you are really treating this as some sort of gambling or not.

We cant really deny that risks is there whether you are involved with investment or gambling they have both risks.It is really just that they do really differ on risks level and it is really that something
that you should really be needing to differentiate or else then you would really be finding yourself on big trouble if you cant really be able to differentiate between things in both things.
More harm would really be just that devastated or something that can be felt on the time that you dont really make out some good decisions towards it or simply handling it well.

Gaza13

Activity: 532
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2023, 07:05:00 PM

Of course, gambling makes losses of everyone who joins in it, if you lose it will lose and disappear
And in Bitcoin it is said to lose if the price value of Bitcoin is lower than the value we bought before but does not lose at all we just lose the price value not the quantity of Bitcoi itself
Even though bitcoin and gambling both seek profits, here the two systems are very different, the first is that gambling is regulated by the system maker, where players are determined to win and more to lose. In this asset, the concept of Bitcoin is quite unique, in contrast to gambling, with a limited supply that is hotly contested around the world.
That's right, if we buy above the price suddenly becomes cheaper, we don't lose any money, but the quantity value remains. And it won't go away if we don't sell it. Let's look at the prices in the last 10 years, the prices are very tempting. how bitcoin remains strong today

2Pizza410000BTC

Activity: 406
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 10, 2023, 07:35:20 PM

Bitcoin has been increasing in value for last many years. You're always in profit if you bought the bitcoin in 2012- 2020. Even when we reach new highs in the next bull run, then everyone who bought bitcoin earlier will be in profit, so how can you compare gambling and bitcoin  Huh

Gambling is too much risky. You put money and the very next minute you either win some money or lose everything. This does not happen with Bitcoin investments. You buy Bitcoin now and hold for a few years to become a millionaire.

Bitcoin has the least risk for those who can hold and gambling is 100% risky and depends solely on luck.
Right, gambling is completely dependent on luck. Some have become millionaires by gambling and some have become beggars by gambling. This gambling game is full of risk, here one has to participate in gambling with the promise of losing. But Bitcoin is different. Here if you invest in bitcoins, even if your investment goes down a lot after investing you still have hope of recovery. If we consider ourselves, we don't think for a moment to invest in Bitcoin, but we think a hundred times to bet on a gambling platform. And specifically to the OP's words, my answer would be that gambling has hurt me a lot but Bitcoin hasn't hurt me at all. Rather Bitcoin has made me a place of employment.

▄███████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
Low Fidelity - High Potential
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
sokani

Activity: 574
Merit: 440

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2023, 07:40:54 PM

This is a subject that has drawn a lot of argument, gambling is not a recreational activity, if you want to have fun, try video game, picnic etc but certainly not gambling. Having said that, I think it's very unfair for the op to compare Bitcoin to gambling because gambling is more of strategy, skill, luck and there's no guarantee that you would profit from the venture. Bitcoin on the other hand, requires you to have knowledge of the market, know when to buy and when to sell. Whatever strategy you employ in your bitcoin accumulation, DCA or a lump sum, you will certainly realize profit when the market turns bull.
Vaculin

Activity: 2912
Merit: 613

View Profile
October 10, 2023, 08:46:59 PM

I don’t think these two are comparable. Bitcoin is just a tool that is used indirectly to scam people, that’s why bitcoin’s reputation has been ruined due to these scammers. But if we say gambling, we’ll that’s clearly a harmful one if you fall for its addiction, but if you are gambling responsibly, then there’s no need to worry since you are just gambling to satisfy oneself and to become entertained and have fun. Gambling is not a actually a bad hobby, it only become one when people decide to gamble with greed and resort to gambling uncontrollably until he used up all his life’s savings and ruined his future.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8051

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2023, 08:57:24 PM

HOW ON EARTH DID I MISS THIS THREAD.

I am a complusive gambler> I go to a program and have not made a bet since July of 1990.

I was a very antisocial troubled person from 11 to 33 mostly due to my parents divorce due to my dads compulsive gambling. I sided with my dad and choose to behave very poorly until I met my wife in 1985.

I thought I could stop gambling on my own but had issues on and off until July 1990. I talked everything over with my wife. I join a program and have not bet in over 30 years.

Bitcoin was very good to me I follow a non risk method which allowed me to make money on it. I still make money on it.
I am happy I was a compulsive gambler and did go to a program to stop doing that.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
lixer

Activity: 2548
Merit: 586

View Profile
October 15, 2023, 01:55:09 PM

Bitcoin is an asset. Assets do no harm to you as long as you manage your risks well. Gambling is on the other hand is a liability. Liability means, it takes money from your pocket. It is not making you any money, it is making you lose money. So comparing bitcoin to gambling don't make any sense because one of them is an asset  and the other one is a liability. Owning some liabilities isn't always a bad thing as long as you don't overdo them. Owning a car is also a liability but we need cars so we can transport our physical body from point A to point B. We sometimes gamble too because we need to do some stupid shit because why not. (just like smoking and drinking alcohol)
There is a significant difference between gambling and bitcoin. While some aspects of bitcoin resemble gambling, bitcoin is not gambling and, as an asset, cannot harm anyone if handled properly. In contrast, gambling poses a risk to your financial well-being, while bitcoin can be sold whenever you like. However, with gambling, if you lose, your money is gone. Everyone has the freedom to do anything they wish.  should remember that every choice has repercussions, thus as adults, I think we should always choose the appropriate course of action.
May I know which aspects of Bitcoin are you referring to that resemble gambling? I don't see how gambling in any way resembles gambling at all, one can say that about trading because there is a possibility of making a trade and maybe losing some money from it if it's futures or options trading and the trader hasn't taken any preventive measures for the risks imposed, however, Bitcoin itself is just a cryptocurrency and has no similarities with gambling whatsoever.

So, those who don't have any knowledge about cryptocurrencies and the market, don't know how they move and what things one needs to notice, and when they buy high and sell low due to panic and lose money, shouldn't blame Bitcoin for it because it's not Bitcoin doing any harm but it's their lack of knowledge doing it.

Franctoshi

Activity: 840
Merit: 570

View Profile
October 15, 2023, 02:23:58 PM

When we gamble what we are looking after or expecting is money which is [profit] and when buy bitcoin and invest what we are looking after is [profit] and when you so many people they skip bitcoin investment to gamble and some uses very big amount of money to gamble whereas the same amount of money will achieve some fraction in bitcoin investment. So I come with this question to know the thing between this option or words I presented the one that done you more harm, if bitcoin  has done you more harm during the times you invested in bitcoin you can tell the public and if gambling has done you more harm by losing in gambling frequently you can also tell the public.

I have lost more money in gambling back days than I lost when I started to invest in Bitcoin in 2017, my loss of investment in Bitcoin was due to my wrong timing of the market or late market entry, coupled with my impatient at the time that led to the loss. I bought at the market peak and sold at a loss almost when the market had neared the bottom.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bbigtart

Activity: 420
Merit: 272

View Profile
October 15, 2023, 03:12:22 PM

The first is that gambling and bitcoin are very different between the two, because they are opposites.

If you look at gamblers, they don't think that all they do is act, and they do it for the fun of making money. This is bad because they will bet on a big win but they don't remember losing that much money. Betting on gambling if you lose the money will be lost.

This is very different from investing in bitcoin. If you want to make money consistently from trading bitcoin, you have to keep proper records and carry out risk management and must be able to control your emotions and another thing is to understand probability and the game. If this has been fulfilled and you don't sell when the price is cheap, of course this will be a profit in your future. So if you ask who is doing more harm? The answer is that gambling is more detrimental, especially if you become addicted.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
GideonGono

Activity: 2058
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2023, 03:22:49 PM

Investing in crypto not just in Bitcoin without proper knowledge about it is considered gambling, you are blindly putting your money at risk.
And also there are people who bought Bitcoin to gamble or use Bitcoin as a currency on the platform that they use to gamble, so what's the difference for them?
But if it is on my end I would say that gambling made me lose more money than my investment in Crypto, on my investment in crypto I could control or manage the loss, but when I am gambling the money that I've sent on gambling site would be all or nothing, it is either I would gain profit that I've set up before sending it or losing it all.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███