Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:30:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best way to embed image in Bitcointalk..  (Read 290 times)
Gladitorcomeback

Activity: 658
Merit: 593

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2023, 01:52:53 PM

TalkImg is not like Imgur, you do not need to add BBcode manually as it provides you with those links. After uploading the image, click on the first drop-down menu where it says Embed codes and you get the image link with BB codes.

Talking is very easy and best compatible with Bitcointalk and newbie should be advised this image hosting site in the first priority. When I was a newbie I attempted many times to embed image but I consistently got error. I read many threads and was doing the same but problem not solved then at last i realized that link of forum compatible image ending with .png is differ from normal links. If newbie use Talkimg, they will not face this issue as this site directly gives the direct bb link.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2899

View Profile
October 05, 2023, 05:08:58 PM

I always got an error,

Bitcointalk image proxy invalid image.

So what is the best image hosting site to use that will not conflict with bitcointalk proxy thing

Short answer there's is none... long answer you can argue.

In simple words it's true that finding a "best" image hosting site that won't conflict with Bitcointalk's proxy can be quite a challenge. As of now, there isn't a definitive answer to this question.

At one time imgur was one of "the best" image hosting site but time has proved it wrong.

After that ImgBB is working fine until today, but you really don't know what will happen tomorrow.

Last https://talkimg.com/ has appeared very recently and yes it is owned by someone known to the forum has promised to be dedicated to bitcointalk and may hold promise but again there's no guarantee whatsoever that this is the best image hosting service. or there are no guarantees that it's the best solution for Bitcointalk's image hosting needs.

On a lighter note I'm using talkimg and really thank joker_josue for his amazing service but since it's not official "Bitcointalk" hosting so  we're relying on his dedication.

So in summary really there's no single best hosting service for bitcointalk until theymos brings bitcointalk's own image hosting service or may be that new software already has a built-in option for image uploads who knows? Until then, it's a matter of trial and error to find the most suitable solution for your needs.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
MusaPk

Activity: 644
Merit: 197

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2023, 11:29:20 AM

Short answer there's is none... long answer you can argue.

In simple words it's true that finding a "best" image hosting site that won't conflict with Bitcointalk's proxy can be quite a challenge. As of now, there isn't a definitive answer to this question.

At one time imgur was one of "the best" image hosting site but time has proved it wrong.

After that ImgBB is working fine until today, but you really don't know what will happen tomorrow.

Last https://talkimg.com/ has appeared very recently and yes it is owned by someone known to the forum has promised to be dedicated to bitcointalk and may hold promise but again there's no guarantee whatsoever that this is the best image hosting service. or there are no guarantees that it's the best solution for Bitcointalk's image hosting needs.

On a lighter note I'm using talkimg and really thank joker_josue for his amazing service but since it's not official "Bitcointalk" hosting so  we're relying on his dedication.

So in summary really there's no single best hosting service for bitcointalk until theymos brings bitcointalk's own image hosting service or may be that new software already has a built-in option for image uploads who knows? Until then, it's a matter of trial and error to find the most suitable solution for your needs.

Let's just enjoy https://talkimg.com/ for now as it works fine on bitcointalk.org. The cool part is that you upload image and it returns you BBcode which you just need to past here. So talkimg.com has made image uploading a bit easier on bitcointalk.org. uploading image on bitcointalk.org is not as easy as uploading a file on Gmail. We need to wait until there is some modern way of image uploading introduced here.

Fardoche

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2023, 11:00:44 PM

Guys guys and how do i add a picture for my avatar i just arrived here

You have to be atleast full member rank to wear avatar and you are just started your journey so I think it will better to learn other things before it. First you should know the whole criteria of avatar and signature which you can found here.
 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178608.0Forum ranks/positions/badges

additionally your image avatar size should be 120x width and 80x height. you can adjust it online or check this thread

[GUIDE] How to change desired image as Bitcointalk avatar size using app
One good way I have learnt that members do get good thumbs up for a post is by uploading good images. I have known of 'imgur' at the onset but couldn't find it useful till the issues they had.

Talkimg.com is the best I have recently learnt of and am glad I knew about it before I read this post. Although am still lazy about embedding any images in my posts, I can assure you am in  the process of trying it out.

Awesome i really appreciate the support  Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: