Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:15:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Something dangerous we do when using Binance P2P platform  (Read 410 times)
Crypt0Gore (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 270

View Profile
October 24, 2023, 08:57:21 AM

Truthfully, if you don't drop your phone number they aren't paying, I know that some are doing this to notify you to release funds after, as some sellers are not serious, they can initial the trade and start doing something else, wasting someone else time, but the truth is this act is out of Binance platform, you break the rules if you decide to do trade with such people, they have your phone number and they can text dangerous link to you pretending to be from Binance.

I strongly believe this is how the victim lost is phone number to strangers, to make some transactions a success, and yet losing your data in the process, I hope this teach people something new today. Roll Eyes
What in the world! I never read the agreement terms, but fortunately never received any phishing link on my number, but thanks for the info as I will try to be more careful next time while making P2p on Binance, I rarely make TXs on Binance but whenever I make, I didn't read the terms.

I also read the topic of _act_ and replied in it, and I did not come to think of this reason, like why those people are getting such phishing messages. I thought, as many other also thought, it might be inside job, but no, this is really happening outside of the Binance and they have nothing to do with such scams. All is happening, due to the mistakes of the users themselves.

Well, awareness of this information is compulsory because, when more people will be aware of it, then people will definitely try to avoid such sellers or buyers, and S&B have to change this term.
Yeah it's possible not to receive any link as SMS on your phone number and that's because not all of them are bad people, some get your number so that they can reach you when the money they sent you haven't be verified by bank yet or maybe network delays at times, but there are scammers among them too and if you are already used to dropping your number you won't mind dropping it for the scammer, since you won't know they are scammers.

Some people don't actually care about asking for phone number, they still proceed with the transaction and they are legit, also snappier when making the transaction so it's a matter of choice, also Binance have the Express p2p trading where the exchange rate is same with other and there is no need for someone asking you for your number or anything else, it's straight forward.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                             █
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          █
            ▄▄████████▄▄     █
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄   █
          █████▀▀  ▀▀█████▄  █
          █████      ██████  █
          █████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀  █
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀   █
            ▀▀████████▀▀     █
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          █
█                             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
ROLLBOTS
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
   PLAY NOW   
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
UchihaSarada

Activity: 448
Merit: 141

View Profile
October 24, 2023, 11:16:35 AM

The PATRIOT Act comes to cryptocurrency

With new serious attack type on cryptocurrency plus with known risk of centralized exchanges, don't do KYC if you can avoid it and don't store your cryptocurrency on exchanges if you can.

Do not keep your money in online accounts.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 4173

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2023, 12:12:32 PM

I am starting to believe that this is possible, not even by a professional hacker but a small time thieves, you want to know why I said this? I have been using Binance exchange and also the service they provide through their P2P, and I always see buyers telling sellers to drop their mobile number or else they won't go ahead with the transaction.

Don't trade with this merchant or if you must don't drop your phone number to them, not a big fan of Binance exchange (centralized exchange) but I'm sure there's a reason Binance Exchange removing the phone number features on their CEX P2P platform because of I can remember correctly, they had those there before. If you received your funds and are fast to confirm on the platform there'll be no need for communication outside Binance. Scammers can use your number for various scam like sending you messages pretending to be your bank or Binance saying you have received your deposit and asking you to confirm. They could also send you malicious links and hack your exchange account or other sites relating to cryptocurrency.

There are many marchant available so when you don't feel comfortable with one you can move on to another marchant by asking the previous marchant to cancel the trade or you allow the trade to cancel on its own. If your phone numbers get into the hands of wrong people they can cause you harm online or physically. Don't exchange contact with strangers that you meet online because you don't know what they might use that information to do. They can also clone your number and use them in scamming that'll point back to you without having any idea and yet you pay for the crime if you don't have a strong counter defends.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Broadanbig

Merit: 117

View Profile
October 24, 2023, 01:51:14 PM

OP, your observations are very correct. I have clicked on trades of that nature my few pay here trying to using the p2p platform on binance and I encountered buyers with that condition. I do not bother engaging much with them as I already know their intentions. And at the entire end they still pay without still requesting for my number.

Newbies are always the victim of these nefarious act buy hackers. Once their clients or seller drops phone number, they start sending phishing link to them and most of the newbies fall for such scam. Sometimes they call you to make trade offer which they do with ill intentions of scamming you because they already know you are a newbie in the system and as such do not have clues on how things works and if you are the desperate type, you can easily fall for their scam without you knowing they are not for real and you can not complain to binance irrespective of the fact that you gave them your number on their p2p platform as they already caution users of the p2p platform to trade safely.

Nevertheless, newbies should be able to read the terms and conditions like terms of service so as to be on the safe side. No buyer should coherse anybody to drop their number so as to facilitate their trade. Do not believe them as they are jackers and scammers as it is against binance policy. There are other buyers on the platform, if any buyer gives such conditions, skip the to another and do not bother about them. Trade wisely.

Hypnosis00

Activity: 2366
Merit: 340

View Profile
October 24, 2023, 02:05:46 PM

Lesson; we should not rush to place our order but rather take time to read and review to avoid missing the warning. Though I haven't experienced this yet but probably someday.

Usually, I check these things - rate, number of trades, status of the buyer (online/offline). I send a message after placing the order and waiting for their reply, if none, then the last option is to wait time is over and the transaction is canceled. I refrain from sending any alternative payment option nor sending my number. The platform is just a tool and it was not the problem but the seller/buyer itself that is why we should take extra caution. In fact, there is a warning to read...and we don't have to skip them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Winterfrost

Activity: 621
Merit: 135

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 24, 2023, 10:11:54 PM

OP your right about that. Most persons ignore the text there and drop their phone number. I feel that the intention of most traders a re fair some only needed to get your number incase you delay to release the asset or you have network issue then they will communicate with you to know the next step. Why some needed the phone number for bad reasons like scam or text you links that will lead to a place where they can scam someone. I have seen cases where during a trade the other person would call and pressure the next person to release crypto that he has send the payment when it is a lie. To stay safe and avoid all this is to be sure of receiving a payment before releasing crypto no matter the pressure. It is more best if you check the transaction history of the said buyer/seller to see if he had good reputation during the numbers of trade he has done. Once i see a low reputation I do not bother to trade anymore.

Obari

Activity: 616
Merit: 451

I buy all valid country Gift cards swiftly.

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2023, 10:22:04 PM

Thanks for the information  mate but anyone who is a frequent  user of p2p on exchanges  like binance or paxful already knows that they aren't supposed to trade outside of the platform as trades outside the exchanges aren't guaranteed and nothing will be done by the exchanges in case of casualties.
Just as op already stated that one of the reasons for this act of demanding for phone number by vendors is simply to be able to remind sellers after the money is been paid to them as sime sellers cab be crazy at times but there is absolutely no need to drop number if you're sure you'll  be active to seal the deal from your end.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
HelliumZ

Activity: 336
Merit: 144

View Profile
October 24, 2023, 10:58:48 PM

Binance P2P also provides more warning messages for trading so that you don't get cheated by any counter party or third party. All these cautionary rules must be followed while trading on Binance P2P otherwise you will definitely get scammed. When making a transaction in your account, Binance P2p must give you a warning message about whether the money has reached the account and then a message to release your dollars. However, in order to trade on Binance P2P, users must have a privacy policy.

Faisal2202

Activity: 1218
Merit: 469

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2023, 01:10:00 PM

Yeah it's possible not to receive any link as SMS on your phone number and that's because not all of them are bad people, some get your number so that they can reach you when the money they sent you haven't be verified by bank yet or maybe network delays at times, but there are scammers among them too and if you are already used to dropping your number you won't mind dropping it for the scammer, since you won't know they are scammers.
You are right, we don't know who we are dealing with, but the best practice is to make a deal with a dealer, who has got some trust, and has many trades already done (high completion rate). And just to clarify, I don't receive funds on my banks, i receive them on my phone number, which means, my phone number is automatically exposed to the dealer, who is going to send me money. But till now I did not receive any mail. But again, I got the idea to read policies from your topic.
Some people don't actually care about asking for phone number, they still proceed with the transaction and they are legit, also snappier when making the transaction so it's a matter of choice, also Binance have the Express p2p trading where the exchange rate is same with other and there is no need for someone asking you for your number or anything else, it's straight forward.
I have not used express p2p yet, I am planning to, but don't know how that works, so I will look into it. Thanks for reminding me of this features.

coupable

Activity: 2352
Merit: 757

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 04:18:52 PM

I strongly believe this is how the victim lost is phone number to strangers, to make some transactions a success, and yet losing your data in the process, I hope this teach people something new today. Roll Eyes
In my country, the only way to perform transactions through Binance P2P is by using PostePay service which is a service provided by national poste in form of payment cards without the need to connect them to your other accounts. Those cards are only issued with your phone number which will be used later to receive funds into your card. It means that it is a mast to show your phone number (used to issue the card) in order to receive funds.
And because i care a lot for my privacy, the phone number i use with my card isn't an active number and different from the number i use in my binance account or other accounts. Unfortunately we have no other ways in my country as we have no access for international payment cards.
Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1248

Life's but a walking shadow!

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 04:49:09 PM

Binance P2P also provides more warning messages for trading so that you don't get cheated by any counter party or third party. All these cautionary rules must be followed while trading on Binance P2P otherwise you will definitely get scammed.
Whilst trading on Binance, the exchange locks the funds and you can only release the coins if you agree that you have received the money and everything went smooth, thus Binance is a third party in the trade and they can confiscate your funds, so it isn't really peer to peer. However, if you make a personal mistake of releasing funds without verifying if you've received payment, then it is on you.
However, in order to trade on Binance P2P, users must have a privacy policy.
I really do not get what you mean by "privacy policy" here, but mind you that there is really zero privacy when you trade with centralized exchanges.
Crypto Library

Activity: 868
Merit: 766

Find your Digital Services at- cryptolibrary.pro

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2023, 04:59:16 PM

In my country, the only way to perform transactions through Binance P2P is by using PostePay service which is a service provided by national poste in form of payment cards without the need to connect them to your other accounts. Those cards are only issued with your phone number which will be used later to receive funds into your card. It means that it is a mast to show your phone number (used to issue the card) in order to receive funds.
And because i care a lot for my privacy, the phone number i use with my card isn't an active number and different from the number i use in my binance account or other accounts. Unfortunately we have no other ways in my country as we have no access for international payment cards.
I think converting Bitcoin or crypto currency to fiat currency always involves some privacy violation. And especially if it is in this kind of P2P service. However, the method you have adopted may work in some cases. If there is a way to use such a separate SIM for these transactions, it may be possible to protect some privacy.
If I talk about my country, if P2P trading is done there using mobile banking then mobile number must be given. A few days ago, during a P2P transaction, a buyer asked for my mobile number, but the banking system I was using to do the P2P transaction doesn't need a mobile number.  I also reported it as suspicious and asked him to contract for my Telegram ID.  I think it is better to avoid such traders

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 06:21:35 PM

I really do not get what you mean by "privacy policy" here, but mind you that there is really zero privacy when you trade with centralized exchanges.
Literally, we can't expect complete anonymity from the other party since we have to share the payment mode with the other party even if the exchange is non-KYC so one who wants complete anonymity can choose the Face to face trade with complete stranger or go with other payment modes which doesn't expose your details like name, contact info etc.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Broadanbig

Merit: 117

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 06:43:34 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2023, 06:58:32 PM by Broadanbig

I think converting Bitcoin or crypto currency to fiat currency always involves some privacy violation.

I think I would agree with you in this particular aspect. When making payment, definitely one would make payment with buyer and seller account names revealed which one can easily trace them from. P2P can only be okay when it comes to the buyer and seller location from different places for which they have no contact but their names revealed which means their identity been revealed. This alone tells that p2p have some privacy violation too.

Issa56

Activity: 1386
Merit: 911

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 07:33:43 PM

Truthfully, if you don't drop your phone number they aren't paying, I know that some are doing this to notify you to release funds after, as some sellers are not serious, they can initial the trade and start doing something else, wasting someone else time, but the truth is this act is out of Binance platform, you break the rules if you decide to do trade with such people, they have your phone number and they can text dangerous link to you pretending to be from Binance.

When Binance started their P2P, I can still remember there was a future where you could see your buy’s and seller’s numbers when they started P2P in my country, but all of a sudden I couldn't see the future anymore, all what you can do is just to message each other, but you could no longer access each other’s phone number. But I am sure Binance did that just for security purposes. I am sure they were receiving some complaints, which is why they decided to disable the future. But to be honest, the future was also helpful, but maybe people were misusing it.

I'm sure scammers will definitely want to take advantage of it, which is why Binance decided to stop it. Maybe sometimes buyers are always pressuring sellers to release coins even if they haven’t made payment, which is why they decided to remove the futures, and I'm sure there are other illegal activities that they will be using it for.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Sophokles

Activity: 1218
Merit: 516

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2023, 07:57:20 PM

I think converting Bitcoin or crypto currency to fiat currency always involves some privacy violation.

I think I would agree with you in this particular aspect. When making payment, definitely one would make payment with buyer and seller account names revealed which one can easily trace them from. P2P can only be okay when it comes to the buyer and seller location from different places for which they have no contact but their names revealed which means their identity been revealed. This alone tells that p2p have some privacy violation too.

I am not seeing any problem with the P2P service Binance providing even though you can not see your buyers or sellers name or identity. If the seller doesn't want to release the funds after you make the payments then appeal to the exchange with proof they will take a look at it and if your data is correct they will hand over the funds to you not to the seller. So I think it's simple and secure to use this kind of service on an exchange like binance.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
nakamura12

Activity: 2282
Merit: 669

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 08:24:28 PM

If you don't want someone know your phone then you should avoid making trade with that person where providing phone number is a must or mandatory so that person will pay or release the funds. If you don't have a choice for example then when you receive a text with a link then you shouldn't open it no matter what happens and also be careful. It's not always safe to open links as scammers create new scam attempts and that's why there are many ways that they have used already.
coupable

Activity: 2352
Merit: 757

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 10:30:42 PM

I think converting Bitcoin or crypto currency to fiat currency always involves some privacy violation. And especially if it is in this kind of P2P service. However, the method you have adopted may work in some cases. If there is a way to use such a separate SIM for these transactions, it may be possible to protect some privacy.
If I talk about my country, if P2P trading is done there using mobile banking then mobile number must be given. A few days ago, during a P2P transaction, a buyer asked for my mobile number, but the banking system I was using to do the P2P transaction doesn't need a mobile number.  I also reported it as suspicious and asked him to contract for my Telegram ID.  I think it is better to avoid such traders
In most transactions that do not take into account privacy aspects, there are many assumptions that can be said to be completely avoided. But this is one of the most important crises that crypto users suffer from in most countries of the world, including countries that adopt Bitcoin. People will prefer peer-to-peer transactions to avoid taxes and preserve privacy as much as possible.
One of the dangers of a system like Binance Peer-to-Peer is that it represents a record of all the user's financial activities, and this record cannot be erased except by closing the account permanently. This system does not take into account any privacy aspect.
albon
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1393

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 11:42:41 PM

I am starting to believe that this is possible, not even by a professional hacker but a small time thieves, you want to know why I said this? I have been using Binance exchange and also the service they provide through their P2P, and I always see buyers telling sellers to drop their mobile number or else they won't go ahead with the transaction.

Take a look at this screenshot, I took this on Binance P2P service and I am sure that users of Binance P2P must be familiar with this.
https://i.postimg.cc/mDpHT83R/Screenshot-2023-10-12-11-58-47-829-com-binance-dev-edit.jpg

I strongly believe this is how the victim lost is phone number to strangers, to make some transactions a success, and yet losing your data in the process, I hope this teach people something new today.
You have attached a screenshot of one of the P2P merchants who have achieved a 99.9% positive rating and have received more than 3,000 reviews. This indicates that this P2P merchant has a high reputation and integrity, and it is unlikely that he is a scammer who wants to collect phone numbers to send phishing messages, as you mentioned. If he did such behavior, Binance would freeze his assets and ban his account. I expect that he placed this condition in his advertisement to confirm with the buyer and verify his identity.

You can search for another advertisement for another P2P merchant who did not mention this condition or use any other phone number that is not your primary number. It is also possible for one of the untrusted and low-rated merchants to create a SIM swap scam for the customer’s phone number, but if the customer is active on his phone, he will notice and recognize this type of scam. But of course, I do not like anyone to disclose their personal information and privacy, whether with phone numbers or the like, and the matter gets worse if it's in a country where laws prohibit crypto, and I generally do not prefer centralized exchange platforms.

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
TimeTeller

Activity: 2730
Merit: 588

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 11:59:39 PM

I am not seeing any problem with the P2P service Binance providing even though you can not see your buyers or sellers name or identity. If the seller doesn't want to release the funds after you make the payments then appeal to the exchange with proof they will take a look at it and if your data is correct they will hand over the funds to you not to the seller. So I think it's simple and secure to use this kind of service on an exchange like binance.

That's the good thing with binance p2p, if you have complaints, you can easily file as they have buttons to report your tx.
And if you happen to use their p2p services, it means, you agree with the terms and conditions attached to it.
This is why if you have privacy issues, then, don't use this type of trading. However, it is hard to find trustworthy p2p services these days.
You can't avoid such privacy concern because it is hard to send funds to someone if you don't know their name and acct number, if you opt to send it to your bank account for instance.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: