Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:11:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to verify a URL of a website  (Read 254 times)
adultcrypto

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2023, 09:53:39 AM

If you somehow click on a malicious URL, either by mistake of knowingly, don't panic. In the process of trying to copy the URL to verify you may mistakenly click it, if you do
*Do not enter any data
*Don't click on anything on the site
*Disconnect from the Internet
*Do a full scan of your device using a trusted and authentic antivirus software
*Keep and eye on your account for any irregularities. 

Which antivirus will you prefer for malware? I used Avast,node32 and Avira some years ago but all these antivirus delete my necessary files and also hang my PC, so I uninstalled and never used again so far.
If we doesn't click on any site nor delete then still possibility of any malware attack?
The importance of using antivirus cannot be overemphasized is it enable you to have the mindset of safety even though one cannot be completely safe when connected to the internet. Personally, I will recommend Bitdefender antivirus because they have several advantages over the popular antiviruses.  

Bonus Tip:
Don't use one or two passwords for multiple accounts. If you do that, once cyber criminals get hold of one password, they have access to all or multiple of your accounts.
If possible, every account should have its own password.

Oh, I am using only only two password, using strong and totally different password for Binance because my 90% fund are there which i used for trading while using one password for all other platforms. I think if any hacker got access, he will get nothing but I believe no hacker will access because new sign-in from change IP need email verification and all my email password is totally different.
I was about telling you to remember the risk of saving funds in CEX before I notice you use them for trading. Just in case you have forgotten, it is only good to keep minimal amount in CEX especially those funds you are using daily and not saving. As a senior ranking member of the forum, you already know this so don't feel bad a lower ranking member is bring this reminder.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gladitorcomeback

Activity: 658
Merit: 593

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2023, 10:52:25 AM

Personally, I will recommend Bitdefender antivirus because they have several advantages over the popular antiviruses.  
I have not used Bitfender yet but I checked review. Their 5 star rating and review on almost all review platform show that this antivirus is very fast and secure. I have no intention to use any antivirus other then Microsoft own security software. If i feels any need , i will pick this one.

I was about telling you to remember the risk of saving funds in CEX before I notice you use them for trading. Just in case you have forgotten, it is only good to keep minimal amount in CEX especially those funds you are using daily and not saving. As a senior ranking member of the forum, you already know this so don't feel bad a lower ranking member is bring this reminder.

Thanks for advice, Yes I am aware of Cex risk especially when FTX collapse then I have no trust on other CEX too. I am using limited fund in the CEX which i used for trading because trading in Cex is easy, fast and charge low fee as compared to dex. I have a hardware wallet for holding purpose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: