Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 01:43:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pending justice for SBF  (Read 954 times)
zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4367

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2024, 10:57:02 AM

It may not be fair, but all people go to the market to take other people’s money.
Money in the market is not generated by the state or central bank or algorithm as in the blockchain.When a clown wants to steal a lot of money from the market, the matter ends in prison.

we need to clarify what exactly is being paid back though. is it the value of their crypto in fiat at the time FTX shut down or is it the actual crypto? big difference. because if it is just the fiat, then the only reason they can do that is bitcoin went up in price. but they're still losing.

but i guess to sam, that would be good enough if he could just SAY that everyone had been repaid. "repaid" needs further clarification though. someone is not truly repaid unless you give them back their crypto they had at the time, not just it's fiat value at the time. because that would be alot less.

but i can just hear sam complaining about how life is so unfair that he is still locked up when everyone has already been "repaid". life is so unfair!

Of course the return on the dollar value of the assets at some point will be returned to investors, and as I think not all of them will. Many will have to go through a complicated bureaucratic procedure, and some investors may refuse because of expensive legal services.
And SBF has already ceased to be of interest to many, and we will see less news about it.

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
larry_vw_1955

Activity: 1092
Merit: 402

View Profile
May 17, 2024, 02:35:05 AM

Of course the return on the dollar value of the assets at some point will be returned to investors, and as I think not all of them will. Many will have to go through a complicated bureaucratic procedure, and some investors may refuse because of expensive legal services.
And SBF has already ceased to be of interest to many, and we will see less news about it.

but even if everyone gets "repaid", he still should stay in jail for the length of his sentence. at least that's what i hope will happen. some people might think that's not very nice to say but what sam did to people was not very nice. and he's lucky he didn't get a longer sentence. i would have rather seen it be alot longer.
zasad@
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2024, 12:05:27 PM

but even if everyone gets "repaid", he still should stay in jail for the length of his sentence. at least that's what i hope will happen. some people might think that's not very nice to say but what sam did to people was not very nice. and he's lucky he didn't get a longer sentence. i would have rather seen it be alot longer.

"Dura lex sed lex"(C)
But if you think about it a little bit, this man has been using various incomprehensible pills that are close to narcotic drugs. If he is free, he can say too much in an interview, so it is favorable for everyone to keep him in jail and keep quiet.

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
larry_vw_1955

View Profile
May 18, 2024, 12:03:33 AM

But if you think about it a little bit, this man has been using various incomprehensible pills that are close to narcotic drugs. If he is free, he can say too much in an interview, so it is favorable for everyone to keep him in jail and keep quiet.

so you're saying sam was the fall guy for some other people? i think you give him too much credit. he would sing like a canary to save his own hide.
zasad@
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2024, 12:02:36 PM

so you're saying sam was the fall guy for some other people? i think you give him too much credit. he would sing like a canary to save his own hide.
I believe Sam is the Scapegoat in this situation, if I understand the meaning of the word correctly. If I spelled it wrong, then tell me what you call a person who is blamed for what happened.
Sam is to blame, but not for 25 years in prison. And if he's guilty of 25 years in prison, why are the other participants free?

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
larry_vw_1955

View Profile
May 19, 2024, 12:19:44 AM

I believe Sam is the Scapegoat in this situation, if I understand the meaning of the word correctly. If I spelled it wrong, then tell me what you call a person who is blamed for what happened.
Sam is to blame, but not for 25 years in prison. And if he's guilty of 25 years in prison, why are the other participants free?

the justice system works. that's why. sam was the head of the whole thing i believe so of course he should be punished the most. people that worked for him, like his girlfriend, i'm not sure what is happening with them. but again, let's let the justice system prevail on them too. but 25 years is not unreasonable at all. not at all.

you need examples that can serve as a deterrent to others to do the same type of crime. that way when someone else gets into a position where they could do what sam did they might think twice knowing that the penalty can be a significant number of years of their life locked up.  Shocked
zasad@
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2024, 10:23:27 AM

the justice system works. that's why. sam was the head of the whole thing i believe so of course he should be punished the most. people that worked for him, like his girlfriend, i'm not sure what is happening with them. but again, let's let the justice system prevail on them too. but 25 years is not unreasonable at all. not at all.

you need examples that can serve as a deterrent to others to do the same type of crime. that way when someone else gets into a position where they could do what sam did they might think twice knowing that the penalty can be a significant number of years of their life locked up.  Shocked
If there is only one criminal in jail, the justice system doesn't work because the FTX exchange and Alameda were run by different people and also had different general managers.
Where are all these people now? If anyone is also in jail, please let me know.

A well-known scheme has been working in Russia for a long time. If you need a company for fraud, then on the role of director and chief managers fraudsters recruit the same clowns, and the main fraudsters in the company take the role of consultants and do not sign not a single document. In fact, the consultants manage the company.

I think it's clear to you who's going to be in jail next. Of course the crooks will be arrested, but there will be no evidence against them and their expensive lawyers will defend them.
_____
And so it turns out that as a result of financial fraud investors have lost about 9 billion dollars, and there's one drug addict in jail. It's a real circus.

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
larry_vw_1955

View Profile
May 20, 2024, 06:08:33 AM

Where are all these people now? If anyone is also in jail, please let me know.

just give it a bit more time.

Former FTX Exec Ryan Salame Asks for Lenient 18 Months in Prison
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/former-ftx-exec-ryan-salame-asks-for-lenient-18-months-in-prison/ar-BB1mpIGZ

it looks like that guy might end up going to the joint for a short stint, at the very least. not as long as some people might hope but 18 months is 18 months. hopefully he gets SOMETHING. i'm sorry that he claims he had no idea about anything but that doesn't help people get their money back.

And so it turns out that as a result of financial fraud investors have lost about 9 billion dollars, and there's one drug addict in jail. It's a real circus.

there's also his girlfriend

https://www.distractify.com/p/where-is-caroline-ellison-now

she might not get jail time but i think she probably deserves it.

then you got all these celebrity endorsers: https://nypost.com/2024/04/22/business/sam-bankman-fried-agrees-to-help-ftx-investors-in-lawsuits-against-tom-brady-larry-david/

some of them probably thought ftx was legit. so i think it's kind of ridiculous to be blaming people like tom brady or naomi osaka.
zasad@
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2024, 12:47:52 PM

larry_vw_1955, Well you just confirmed with your links that it's a circus. LOL.
Well another clown will probably be in jail for 18 months. The ‘star witness’ will probably avoid jail because she made a favourable deal with the investigation and testified against everyone.

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
larry_vw_1955

View Profile
May 20, 2024, 11:46:31 PM

Well another clown will probably be in jail for 18 months. The ‘star witness’ will probably avoid jail because she made a favourable deal with the investigation and testified against everyone.

i dont agree with them giving anyone a "deal" for snitching on someone else by the way. i think it should be the reverse, an even stiffer penalty if you don't snitch. it seems like everything they do is with the intent to let sam off the hook for new charges. that doesn't make any sense. Huh 25 years is not enough.
zasad@
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2024, 11:09:25 AM

i dont agree with them giving anyone a "deal" for snitching on someone else by the way. i think it should be the reverse, an even stiffer penalty if you don't snitch. it seems like everything they do is with the intent to let sam off the hook for new charges. that doesn't make any sense. Huh 25 years is not enough.
You can call it whatever you want, snitch or denunciation, but American lawyers call it cooperation.
I can only say from the lawyers' words that after the cooperation procedure the accused receives a special document from the government agents and depending on the success of the cooperation the lawyer can demand from the judge a large reduction of the prison term or a lighter sentence.
In the case of cooperation, the defendant fully pleads guilty, and therefore the trial is not held in public.

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
safar1980
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1625

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
May 30, 2024, 01:54:52 PM

Bankman-Fried’s $30 Million Bahamas Penthouse Is Hitting the Market
It’s the $30 million penthouse atop the Orchid building where Bankman-Fried lorded over the rise and fall of his $32 billion crypto exchange, FTX. And soon, it could be yours.Sam Bankman-Fried.

On Nassau’s New Providence Island, the sun-kissed capital of the Bahamas, FTX liquidators are close to putting the opulent remnants of the giddy days of crypto’s fallen Boy Wonder up for sale, one by one.

Topping the list is the penthouse where Bankman-Fried lived and worked with his subordinates until FTX collapsed in scandal in late 2022. It’s where SBF, as he liked to be called, would nap on a beanbag chair, near the pool that snakes across the wraparound balcony, until police took him away in handcuffs.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: