Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:44:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposal For Naija (Nigeria LB) Sub-Boards Creation  (Read 960 times)
Mate2237

Activity: 728
Merit: 580

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2023, 10:58:25 PM

That's right, the existence of a moderator is what differentiates my local board compared to Nigeria. I agree any of the Nigerian contributors can take the initiative to make specific requests to admins about what they want on their local board, but they need to express data-driven reasons for admin to easily consider.

I wish nothing but the best for Nigeria's local board and it would be even better if they had their own moderator. This will clearly reduce the workload of the global moderators assigned there so far.
Really to some extent a local board with a local moderator is not really good because the moderator has to understand the language and the behaviors of the people and from there he can do well though even now the global moderators in the Nigeria local board are trying their best because they are working hand in hand with the local reports. And with their active and tireless efforts there the local board is very clean these days. So I really appreciate their efforts in the local board.

And the major thing we need need is the sub-boards and the moderators too.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Agbe (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1266

View Profile
December 08, 2023, 06:31:09 AM

This is a nice development and it will be helpful if the idea is achieved because anyone who wants to create a post that is not related to  Bitcoin discussion can use the subboard to create a post that is not related to Bitcoin. Since our Naija board was created for the spread of Bitcoin in Nigeria and posts that are not related to Bitcoin have been created in our local that serve as spam posts, if this sub-board is achieved I think it will reduce the level of spam posts in our local board because sub-board for creating Naija related news will be there.
Yes it will be very much helpful to the local board. The board was rampantly with local news and non local news and there was a time to make comment in the local board was not interested by people because of the kind of threads that was flowing but to some extent these days the board is getting better though newbies are still creating unnecessary thread but it is minimal and when the local sub-boards are created and the local moderator (s) is given then I believed everything will be working fine in the local board. And I believed theymos will hear our cry and see this thread and grant our demands to celebrate...
Churchillvv

Activity: 406
Merit: 172

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2023, 10:48:14 PM

Op has a good proposal here but it all depends on admins decision, no matter the argument here whether the sub-board should exist or not it just a one mans decision that counters them all. But it's best to have his proposal approved because the improvement will be very much appealing.

Additionally, I also suggest that Yoruba language under other languages should be included as a sub-board in Nigeria (naija) local board. Although there are over 6 countries that speaks youruba language but in the forum it's mostly or just Nigerians who participates in such language conversation.

This is just a mere suggestions it can be thought of too.

Agbe (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1266

View Profile
December 21, 2023, 10:14:48 PM

Op has a good proposal here but it all depends on admins decision, no matter the argument here whether the sub-board should exist
We are all praying that the request should be accepted by the admin let them create the sub boards and the Moderators and the merit sources so that the local board will be nice to see and participate to any board of one's choose. But the other things you said might not be possible at this time and we will not even need it.
Mate2237

Activity: 728
Merit: 580

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2024, 10:45:52 PM

I was thinking that theymos would say something concerning this thread but what he thinks is different from what we think but we still hope that there will be a surprise news for the request in a time sooner. And probably he was very busy with personal activities in the festival period. And really we need those boards and other requests because the board just jampad with different threads that would have been in different sub-boards. We will be very much appreciated if this grate request is granted.

The child boards will clean off topics from the general board. So we are asking the admin to look into these honourable thread for the up coming most active local board in the forum.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Majestic-milf

Activity: 812
Merit: 592

View Profile
January 10, 2024, 03:22:48 PM

I was thinking that theymos would say something concerning this thread but what he thinks is different from what we think but we still hope that there will be a surprise news for the request in a time sooner
Well all we can do for now is to keep our fingers crossed because he's got a lot on his plate. I've seen so many requests from other users on their intentions to be merit sources and others asking for mods in their boards, and all these have not been attended to so I feel this request made by the Op will be amongst the long list of to-do for Theymos.
You're right; your thought process and his do not go on the same wavelength hence while you expected a reply from him, I feel he was preoccupied with something else, so I'd just advise the op continue bumping the topic to act as a reminder. Just my two cents.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
_BlackStar
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1236

View Profile
January 13, 2024, 10:05:13 PM

-snip-
Well all we can do for now is to keep our fingers crossed because he's got a lot on his plate. I've seen so many requests from other users on their intentions to be merit sources and others asking for mods in their boards, and all these have not been attended to so I feel this request made by the Op will be amongst the long list of to-do for Theymos.
You're right; your thought process and his do not go on the same wavelength hence while you expected a reply from him, I feel he was preoccupied with something else, so I'd just advise the op continue bumping the topic to act as a reminder. Just my two cents.
Besides hoping and keeping this thread visible - has something else been tried, like sending a PM to one of the forum admin and asking if it's possible to approve this request?

I guess that kind of thing is allowed - but I also wonder who would do it. I don't know - whether anyone from Nigeria has done it or not, but it might be worth giving it a try. One thing is certain – I stand here to support the approval of this proposal.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██