Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:31:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: unnecessarily quoting by members of the forum.  (Read 587 times)
cryptodude

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 05:07:27 PM

Most bounty hunters submit their weekly tasks like this. Although it is not against the rules of the forum. But nowadays bounty managers have brought many changes in the work. For example, if a hunter quotes a week's work with a new week's work, he is not given a weekly reward.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T E L E G R A M    ●    M E D I U M    ●
Rockstarguy

Activity: 994
Merit: 582

God is great

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 02:03:45 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2024, 04:10:07 PM by Rockstarguy

People who do this probably do not see it as a problem or are too lazy to quote properly. This quoting pattern is common in football threads, it kind of makes it difficult for readers to know who exactly you’re responding to in your post. Is it the user in quote 1,2,3 or 4? It’s even worse if there is a large image in any of the quoted posts.

I don’t think it’s necessary to quote the OP if your post is in the first 5 pages of the thread. Unless you’re responding to a particular line in the OP. I usually do not read lengthy posts, so when I see someone who’s quoted a wall of text, I tend to skip that post. So even if the comment has value, it receives little recognition because the posting pattern is unpleasant to look at.
Yes you are right, you can only see post like this in the gambling section of the football thread. I think the reason for such quote like this is because the gambling section we have thread that anyone can just come up with a particular topic or sport news. If the the news is an interesting their will be a lot of quotes because the discussion is an interesting one and many people just want to add their contribution about the discussion.  It is only in the gambling section you  can see quote like this and I don't really blame people for this because gambling discussion is a very interesting one that many people would want to contribute on discussion for a very longtime.

Despite that the gambling section is an interesting place for sport discussions,  people should learn how to quote one after the other to make it easy for people to understand and for the sake of to make quoting look good.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
SatoPrincess

Activity: 980
Merit: 714

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 08:20:49 PM

~snip~
Yes you are right, you can only see post like thing in the gambling section of the football thread. I think the reason for such quote like this is because the gambling section we have thread that anyone can just come up with a particular topic or sport news. If the the news is an interesting their will be a lot of quotes because the discussion is an interesting one and many people just want to add their contribution about the discussion.  It is only in the gambling section you  can see quote like this and I don't really blame people for this because gambling discussion is a very interesting one that many people would want to contribute on discussion for a very longtime.

Despite that the gambling section is an interesting place for sport discussions,  people should learn how to quote one after the other to make it easy for people to understand and for the sake of to make quoting look good.
I don’t mean to put the gambling board for criticism because this issue is prevalent on various boards in the forum not only in the gambling board. I have also seen legendary members make pyramid quotes in Bitcoin discussion. I think it’s most common in mega threads where the answer to the question has already been answered in the first few pages so everyone else is just replying to other people’s comments or going off-topic.
letteredhub

Activity: 518
Merit: 202

My privacy, my right.

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 08:47:02 PM

To me I just thought op you would at least cover or blank the usernames of those persons you used as example in the image of your op. I don't know how they will feel seeing their username there clearly bare but for me I will feel bad reason been that am ain't the only one in the forum that have done that pattern of quoting, a thousand of posters have done that and come to think of it am not sure it's against forum rules either. Nevertheless, moving forward it will be great to have users both newbies and old users learn to be specific in their quoting where necessary.
Cryptoprincess101

Activity: 224
Merit: 110

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
January 25, 2024, 10:07:15 PM

This unnecessary quotes is very unprofessional though there are times when before an information can be passed, one have to make reference to the response of various individuals but some users here doesn't really understand the mode of quoting someone as if you actually they want to quote a particular reply, it's just to edit it and quote directly rather than giving references from the first person that started the quote.
I see it that some persons just feel so reluctant and lazy to edit a post and possibly quote a particular one they needed to quote which is a very bad habit, you see some users quoting about 10 replies at same time which makes them looks irrelevant and most users will rather skip such a reply rather than try to inculcate the information that the user tends to pass to readers.

Kelward

Activity: 406
Merit: 254

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 27, 2024, 07:49:05 AM

I join the chorus to say that seeing posts that quotes very long comments can be quite annoying, you'd see like four or five lines of comment accompanying under the very long quote, it's very unnecessary to do that. Just do the right thing and put in the work by deleting sentences and paragraphs that are not needed in what you require from the quote, it'll make the post to look better and other members can relate better with the connection of quote and comment. I used to make that mistake too until I was corrected and I saw the sense in it, now I just quote only the specific areas that I need to connect to. I even get bored now when I see very long posts, some are unnecessarily long.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: