Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:34:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto X Change API docs incomplete and they took a long time to reply to emails  (Read 1575 times)
eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2011, 10:33:12 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2011, 10:28:27 AM by eldentyrell

(edit 22-Dec: changed the title; see my last post in this thread for full details)

I have implemented nearly all of the exchange APIs so far, (including MtGox's and Bitfloor's which use the same HMAC-SHA512 authentication scheme that CryptoXChange claims to use).  CryptoXChange's servers reject all of my API calls:

Here's the call:

POST https://cryptoxchange.com/api/v0/account/balance/
cryptokey: Crypto-Key-REDACTED
cryptopayload: REDACTED

stamp=1324030034494

And the reply:

{
  "AccountNumber": "",
  "Balance": {},
  "ReturnCodes": 3,
  "err": "payload invalid ",
  "stamp": ""
}

I've emailed them several times and they don't reply.  I guess they don't want customers.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 10:39:30 AM

I will get this information to them, I am sure that they did not mean to ignore your emails and they were simply overlooked. I will contact them and tell them to respond to this thread Smiley
eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2011, 11:11:25 AM

Okay.  Their website has been dog-slow for over a week now, too.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
cryptoxchange

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2011, 11:36:08 AM

Hi  eldentyrell,

Our support team have not seen any emails from you in regards to this.

We have tried to replicate the issue now and check to see if there is a problem, and we cannot duplicate the issue.

It seems like it maybe timing out?

If you could try emailing contact@cryptoxchange.com so that we can sort this out for you as quickly as possible Sir.

Thank you very much.

Crypto X Change

Crypto X Change Global Bitcoin Exchange - Deposit & Withdraw to and from Our Exchange now for a $5 Flat fee - No Wire Costs or Bank Fee's - 100% Automated Banking System & Extremely fast transfers. We can send out Withdraws to over 120 Currencies. www.cryptoxchange.com
eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2011, 08:46:37 PM

Our support team have not seen any emails from you in regards to this.

If you could try emailing contact@cryptoxchange.com so that we can sort this out for you as quickly as possible Sir.

That's where I sent it on 6-Dec-2011 with the subject line "your api is broken".

I've re-sent the email.

eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2011, 10:29:23 AM

That's where I sent it on 6-Dec-2011 with the subject line "your api is broken".

I got a pretty useless reply from them saying "we do it the same as MtGox, here's a pointer to code that works with their API".

I don't think Crypto X Change actually has a working API.

eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 08:05:12 PM

Finally got a coherent reply.  It turns out that they use a non-standard key-size: 43 bytes.  MtGox and BitFloor both use 64-byte keys.

cryptoxchange

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2011, 11:49:11 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2011, 05:31:10 AM by cryptoxchange

Finally got a coherent reply.  It turns out that they use a non-standard key-size: 43 bytes.  MtGox and BitFloor both use 64-byte keys.

eldentyrell,

Thank you very much!

Regards

Crypto X Change

Crypto X Change Global Bitcoin Exchange - Deposit & Withdraw to and from Our Exchange now for a $5 Flat fee - No Wire Costs or Bank Fee's - 100% Automated Banking System & Extremely fast transfers. We can send out Withdraws to over 120 Currencies. www.cryptoxchange.com
eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2011, 11:44:14 PM

if you had of followed the instructions like everyone else who uses the API you wouldn't have had any issues.

No, that is not true, and it's not nearly that simple.  I have a complete explanation here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=55432.0

mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2011, 12:34:43 AM

From my experience  Crypto X Change replys to emails fast and the service is top-notch.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: