Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:17:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin transaction time reduce in future?  (Read 568 times)
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
December 05, 2023, 09:19:21 PM

I think Bitcoin's transaction fee will probably be low again when it returns to the bear market. But in this case or currently, it is unclear that the fees have decreased, especially recently when the bitcoin fee's reached 12–13 dollars when I checked my account in my Electrum wallet, but I did not continue because the fee was high.

Especially with the approaching halving or bull run, it might increase even more, but I hope not; it's too painful to be honest, especially for bitcoin holders.

It's going to get worse by the next block reward halving. These high fees prevent people with low income from using the BTC blockchain for daily payments. Even if they want to use the LN for faster and cheaper transactions, they'd still need to pay the high on-chain fee to open or close a channel. The only viable solution would be to use an altcoin with low network congestion.

BTC Core devs better increase on-chain TX capacity before it's too late. Otherwise, Bitcoin would become a settlement layer for the wealthy (mainly whales and big exchanges). Hopefully, fees will decline after the hype. As long as Bitcoin stays decentralized, nothing else matters. Smiley
LN would suffice but we know that it isnt really that totally been that widely used but i dont have much idea whether the fees would really be just that low or what because i havent tested it out yet.
If these things turns out to be not to be resolved then i wont really be surprised if people on the community would really be trying to look for some better alternative. Yes, it is the main or father of all crypto
but we know that there's nothing that last forever and everything could really be replaced if people would really be able to look and see something new which it is really that more convenient and more cheaper.
Im aint saying that Bitcoin would be overtaken soon but if this problem would really be continuing to be experience then i wont be shocked if there would really be some tilting
in regarding rankings. So far, its not always that permanent though about TX fees were high but who knows? People do easily lost up interest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krishnaverma (OP)

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 28, 2024, 04:32:35 PM

I think Bitcoin's transaction fee will probably be low again when it returns to the bear market. But in this case or currently, it is unclear that the fees have decreased, especially recently when the bitcoin fee's reached 12–13 dollars when I checked my account in my Electrum wallet, but I did not continue because the fee was high.

Especially with the approaching halving or bull run, it might increase even more, but I hope not; it's too painful to be honest, especially for bitcoin holders.

It's going to get worse by the next block reward halving. These high fees prevent people with low income from using the BTC blockchain for daily payments. Even if they want to use the LN for faster and cheaper transactions, they'd still need to pay the high on-chain fee to open or close a channel. The only viable solution would be to use an altcoin with low network congestion.

BTC Core devs better increase on-chain TX capacity before it's too late. Otherwise, Bitcoin would become a settlement layer for the wealthy (mainly whales and big exchanges). Hopefully, fees will decline after the hype. As long as Bitcoin stays decentralized, nothing else matters. Smiley

Will it reduce the demand and thus the price per Bitcoin as less people want to have Bitcoin  for payments because of high fees?
Mate2237

Activity: 714
Merit: 580

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2024, 09:42:10 PM

The problem is with the ordinals and for now the transaction fee is very low so there is nothing to talk about it, though the way I see things now, the transaction fee is also like the master (bitcoin) which is volatile in nature and that means even in future the price of the tx fee will still go up again before coming down again and becomes unstable as the price of bitcoin. And the only disadvantage of bitcoin I have noticed so far is the transaction fee because at that time you can't make a transfer frequently the way one can do when the price is low.

And bad part is that the LN is not common for people to use though it is there but many people don't know how to use it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀