Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:18:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading BTC  (Read 171 times)
Su-asa

Activity: 280
Merit: 226

Can't go home alone.

View Profile
February 08, 2024, 01:14:16 PM

I don't know if you are selling Bitcoin in exchange and the vendor credits your bank account with the actual amount that you are supposed to receive, tell me how can you know where the money is coming from? By right you are not close to the vendor as you have not seen the person ever before, that means you don't know who he is if he's a female or male.
IMO the little ways you can know if the money is stolen might be when the vendor mistakenly sent you 1 million times above what he was supposed to send that's when you might conclude if he stole the money or not. But a vendor can not make such a big mistake because they are very smart, many of them are retired scammers and they already knows how they can hide their money without making use of the fiat bank.
However, you did a good job to tell us little of your knowledge, I am aware that this post, even if it's not one hundred percent aquratte, it have boosted some people's knowledge.

7juju

Activity: 140
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 08, 2024, 09:35:42 PM

Abeg make we try dey careful with who we dey trade BTC with, dey careful with who you dey sell am to especially when the person dey transfer money come your account, most especially the binance p2p just pray say the person no dey pay you with stolen naira (money laundering). EFCC No go gree for you oh. You go explain tire.. Na so last December my friend fall victim. Na one of the downside of lifting this crypto ban by Nigerian government.
How do you want us to differentiate between stolen funds and funds that are not stolen? Thank God you said p2p platform which means we haven't met the other party who is buying the coin. Honestly it will be difficult to determine this. But I will be more than grateful if you can tell us more on how we can be able to know if the person is paying us with stolen money.
Asiska02

Activity: 826
Merit: 680

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2024, 10:44:16 PM

Abeg make we try dey careful with who we dey trade BTC with, dey careful with who you dey sell am to especially when the person dey transfer money come your account, most especially the binance p2p just pray say the person no dey pay you with stolen naira (money laundering). EFCC No go gree for you oh. You go explain tire.. Na so last December my friend fall victim. Na one of the downside of lifting this crypto ban by Nigerian government.

When I was reading your post and I saw you directing it towards binance p2p, I didn’t expect one to fall victim of any crime whatsoever through it if they follow the rules guiding the p2p platform of binance. You don’t release coins when you haven’t received money. Most times, I do extra check to confirm that the money is legit and not a fake transfer into my account by sending some part of the money to my alternate account or purchasing some services with it. Bank app will make you know if you’ve actually received the money in your account but with the raveling technology today, I don’t really trust it even when the money has reflected there.

About p2p merchants sending stolen money is a big deal that needs to be looked into. Thank goodness that the percentage of successful trade of each merchant is showed on their profile before trading with them. That cannot totally stop that from happening but at least their reputation on the platform should be checked before transacting with them. While we pray not to fall victim of such crime through this p2p merchants, we should also try and check who we are transacting with and have some list of trusted merchants that are reliable always.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███