Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:18:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whatsminer M21S fault-- NEED HELP  (Read 365 times)
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 6424

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
June 13, 2024, 11:03:03 PM

Hi Mikey, yeah I’ve already tried that. No matter which boards I use the miner will only run with 2 boards in. Any 2 of the 7 boards I have it will run normally. But as soon as I add a 3rd board it does the reboot cycle. Ive spoke to Oliver at whatsminer and he’s told me the miner has been tampered with, the label on the case isn’t original. Not sure exactly what’s been tampered with but I’ve tried 3 different control boards, numerous variations of hashboards out of the 7 and I’ve just got a new PSU that I need to try. I’ve also contacted coinminingcentral again after finding out the label isn’t original, their reply was that it’s a USED unit and that it was all tested before shipping to me. I mean I understand there’s no guarantee with a used unit but one with unoriginal parts?? Would never buy a used unit off them again. Their support was ok trying to help me, trying different test to figure it out but they’ve since cut me off basically, they’re no longer replying to me.

I wouldn't even argue that Oliver observation isn't correct, I would trust his judgment without a second thought, however, fake labels don't mean much, not in your case, fake labels aren't new, scammers have been using them since the S9 era, they would change an S9 to S9i or an S9j because the S9 was cheaper, but the end result was that you get a slightly less powerful gear, there is no other gain from the scammer.

The other reason would be if they sanded the miner's body or made a new one to make the already-exhausted gear look like it was just used for a few weeks, but doesn't matter why they did it, it doesn't mean the whole miner is fake, it's not like they can make an M21s hashboard that does hash on it's own but not with another hashboard, Oliver probably knows all this, but he spared you the details and it's like he wanted to tell you that the fact that the gear has fake labels, the possibility of the things that could be wrong with it are endless.

However, now that you revealed that last piece of info, I think your best bet would be the PSU or the busbar/screws,  make sure you tighten the busbar and then if that fail, the second test you would do would be running the miner on low power mode, if it's a power related issue running on low power would probably fix it and that would confirm that you have a faulty PSU.

Anyway, if you download whatsminer tool it would reveal a lot of helpful info, like the amp, voltage and wattage of the PSU, even the PSU temp for that matter (although not sure if the M21 has that function I know all M30s do), anyway, if you want to download the tool and something like Anydesk, we may arrange so I can access your PC to check the miner for you, or you may just run the tool yourself and send me screenshots of all the columns.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3022

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2024, 11:41:20 PM

Hi Mikey, yeah I’ve already tried that. No matter which boards I use the miner will only run with 2 boards in. Any 2 of the 7 boards I have it will run normally. But as soon as I add a 3rd board it does the reboot cycle. Ive spoke to Oliver at whatsminer and he’s told me the miner has been tampered with, the label on the case isn’t original. Not sure exactly what’s been tampered with but I’ve tried 3 different control boards, numerous variations of hashboards out of the 7 and I’ve just got a new PSU that I need to try. I’ve also contacted coinminingcentral again after finding out the label isn’t original, their reply was that it’s a USED unit and that it was all tested before shipping to me. I mean I understand there’s no guarantee with a used unit but one with unoriginal parts?? Would never buy a used unit off them again. Their support was ok trying to help me, trying different test to figure it out but they’ve since cut me off basically, they’re no longer replying to me.

Why not take a picture of that unit and some of these labels and parts you mention let's see if it is fake or not but since you flashed the unit with different firmware we do not know if it was caused by software or not. So I suggest every time you are trying to test something to fix your unit make sure to flash it back to the original firmware.

If it's rebooting everytime you added the 3rd board it could be a PSU but since you already received a new PSU and the issue still exist then maybe the cause of your problem is where you plug the power supply?
If the unit is not directly connected to the wall outlet and you are using extension with small wire gauge then it limits the power from the main source to the unit that is why your unit is running with only 2 hashboard because it can't get more power from the power source.

If I were you try to connect the unit the wall outlet or if it's already directly connected to the wall outlet then use a power wattmeter to check if the power source is giving enough power if not, meaning there is an electrical issue in your house maybe your house is using 110v not a 220v.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 6424

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
June 14, 2024, 04:11:12 PM

Why not take a picture of that unit and some of these labels and parts you mention let's see if it is fake or not

How are you planning on finding out just by looking at the labels? If Oliver told us they are fake then they are, he is not your average support guy, he is actually a Whatsminer engineer who knows these gears inside out, I personally trust his judgment 100%.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████