Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:53:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing Apollo II  (Read 792 times)
heslo

Activity: 1161
Merit: 943

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 11:55:53 AM

The coupon was sent out to people who bought out the Apollo v1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
March 18, 2024, 05:07:38 PM

Hope anyone can share the $150 coupon code via PM Grin. Here in India the custom duties are whopping 36%. With shipping and duties it is almost half of the amount.

What is this coupon code you speak of?  This is the only time I've seen it mentioned.  I did see that gift cards through Fold were available temporarily with a cash back % offer.

I preorder standard unit, releise date?

We are getting ready to start shipping this month. Tail end of pre-orders might slip into bigining of April but majority should go out by end of the month!

FYI follow the @futurebit account on X for more regular updates.

If we placed an order today for shipping in the United States, when could we realistically expect to receive a unit? 

I'm glad to see that you guys continue to roll out new units.  There aren't enough people building miners for 110v home users that don't want to sound like they live in an airplane hanger.

Should have most Dec/Jan pre-orders out by end of the month, later orders early April, and new orders end of April/early May...of course this is all tentative and contingent on production ramp going smoothly but first units being shipped now are showing high yield with no major issues!

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
CochnocherCrypto

Activity: 55
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 05, 2024, 04:10:43 AM

Hey hey!

So just got my FE today. Beautiful machine! Question though.... I am unable to access the machine via local IP the way I was able with the Gen1 Apollo BTC. Is there anything I need to do with the machine to enable monitoring via other local machines?
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2024, 04:36:07 AM

Hey hey!

So just got my FE today. Beautiful machine! Question though.... I am unable to access the machine via local IP the way I was able with the Gen1 Apollo BTC. Is there anything I need to do with the machine to enable monitoring via other local machines?

Hi there is no difference in terms of accessing the web UI from local network. Just make sure you have the right IP address, and the device you are using is on the same network.

We also just emailed everyone with a significant update to the OS (your unit shipped with an early beta with a bunch of bugs that have been fixed).

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
CochnocherCrypto

Activity: 55
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 09, 2024, 08:15:32 AM

update resolved it. Thank you!
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 23, 2024, 03:34:52 AM

Just want to make sure I understand correctly, if I buy a "Apollo II - Standard Version", I'll be able to use it to mine Bitcoin at pools? I don't have to own a "APOLLO II FULL NODE" right?

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
heslo

View Profile
April 23, 2024, 11:41:37 AM

Just want to make sure I understand correctly, if I buy a "Apollo II - Standard Version", I'll be able to use it to mine Bitcoin at pools? I don't have to own a "APOLLO II FULL NODE" right?

Correct, you just won't be able to solo mine using the device. You can solo mine on a pool like ckpool though or just mine normally through any pool you wish
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2024, 12:06:44 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Correct, you just won't be able to solo mine using the device. You can solo mine on a pool like ckpool though or just mine normally through any pool you wish

To also clarify since we get the question a lot, the solo mining capability of the Apollo II Full Node device is just a an optional feature. You can choose to mine to any pool you want like all our previous devices.

Also the USB Standard unit is not as 'plug and play' friendly...you need your own computer or raspberry pi type SBC and need to download our miner software thats command line based to run it (its pretty easy to setup, you just edit the supplied .bat or .sh script file but some people have allergic reactions when they see bash scripts or command line based software).

heslo

View Profile
April 28, 2024, 01:48:54 PM

One thing I've noticed (not sure if it's a bug) but if I'm using the Apollo II to solo mine and then stop mining on the machine itself, but keep the node running, then the solo mining page shows the solo mining as offline even if I have other devices pointed to that address.

Is this normal?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: