Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:15:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Manifesto on airdrops trivialization  (Read 248 times)
Publictalk792

Activity: 294
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2023, 05:47:21 AM

Basically things are changing time by time. In the past there were fewer people in the world of cryptocurrency and now the counting of people is increasing significantly. And a project which want to launch its token have much users and this is not a easy thing to give a good airdrop to all users.

Now many new projects are launching on launchpad and not giving an airdrop. Some of them asking much transactions. Some of them asking to buy their NFTs. It means now this is a hard thing to get an airdrop like you said.
By the way keep trying. I get an airdrop recently which didn't take my time I just joined its early access and I got an airdrop. That was Arkham Intelligence airdrop. Rest of all airdrops have rules to give airdrop to the users.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
December 04, 2023, 06:59:34 AM

In the old days, users used a platform only once and suddenly an airdrop was announced. That happened in the first one, the Uniswap airdrop.

As someone i do not remember said: "what the first did was smart, but is not smarter to repeat currently". And the airdrops become more and more difficult, demanding thousands of crypto transacted, in a lot of transactions during many months. One example was Paraswap, who exclude many users from their airdrop and caused widespread anger.

Coming back to the old days, hunting airdrops was basically to follow few insiders, read the news and use all protocols that had no token. Currently there are thousands of influencers announcing airdrops even from projects that did not comment, projects announcing airdrops before have a product and a lot of noise.

I feel is is getting harder and harder to get good airdrops, when some arrive the tokens are diluted by a huge amount of airdrop hunters not to mention projects that "gamefi" airdrops with tasks and points, terrible.
Maybe it is a wave that passed, not sure about the future of airdrop hunting.
Both parties are responsible for what is happening with airdrops, developers and scammers realized that instead of just giving their coins away for free, which is what an airdrop is about, they could ask those people to complete tasks for them, transforming airdrops into bounties, and since people kept accepting those conditions then as expected the conditions for those people got even worse.

However those airdrop hunters are also to blame, as they abused many airdrops by claiming the same airdrops several times, defeating the reason to be of airdrops, so stricter conditions were given, but even then they kept abusing airdrops by using bots, fake personal information and trying to game the criteria of the airdrop to their benefit, and this is what it has caused the state of airdrops to become what it is today becoming a complete waste of time.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315

View Profile
December 04, 2023, 11:08:33 AM

If you don't try to farm projects and you engage in ecosystem normally, airdrops are still free with no effort involved.
Yes thats right but whats the purpose of engaging if not for airdrops. Well some whales are just like to lurk without any expectation and see whats the new ecosystem or protocols are and still rewarded with airdrops. But with small people whose aims for airdrops really tend to be unfair since we need to shelter funds for us to be qualify though.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Kelward

Activity: 392
Merit: 231

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 05, 2023, 07:41:13 AM

I have never participated in airdrops but after reading so much about them here, I have come to the conclusion they are a waste of time. The amount of money and effort that anyone needs to spend to get a few tokens is not worth it. Unless the value of the airdrop which is bigger than the effort and money one needs. Those airdrops that do come with social media activity are only given to those who can get more users so it is for me, a lottery as there is zero transparency. The last one which is given free of cost are the ones that rarely make it to the exchange.  
Same here, I have decided never to participate in any airdrop. Most of them I participated are still in my wallet and I can't withdraw. So of which reason do I need to own something that what nothing. Sometimes they will still need you to unlock it with your money.

I've not participated in an airdrop before, never really caught my attention, and thanks to the feelers here, I'm not sure that I'll be engaging in it. As OP noted the early intention of airdrops have been hijacked by scams now, I hear thousands of influencers are announcing airdrops for scam project it's, not a good trend to follow. Sad to also here from this quote that you have airdrops in your wallet that you can't withdraw, so what's the essence of it.

NewRanger

Activity: 1568
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2023, 08:15:53 AM

I've not participated in an airdrop before, never really caught my attention, and thanks to the feelers here, I'm not sure that I'll be engaging in it. As OP noted the early intention of airdrops have been hijacked by scams now, I hear thousands of influencers are announcing airdrops for scam project it's, not a good trend to follow. Sad to also here from this quote that you have airdrops in your wallet that you can't withdraw, so what's the essence of it.

I think so too. I'm also a bit doubtful about this model campaign, it's bound to be a lot of work and a hassle. If there's something definite and good with equal value then I'll focus on it, but I'll just ignore it for a while.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

View Profile
December 05, 2023, 08:19:04 AM

That is why I am not interested with any of them. I have missed the first part when it was completely easy and for free. Right now, it's not all about airdrops but like more of an incentive from the investors that are holding specific tokens that are giving them the initiative to hold those tokens for their own preference. That's what is being repeated right now, although there are projects that are good as if they're one of the best but after the launch and airdrop distribution, they become lacklusters.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Mate2237

Activity: 714
Merit: 580

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2023, 08:24:43 AM

In the old days, users used a platform only once and suddenly an airdrop was announced.
Please I will like or want you to explain airdrop for me. I have browse it in the internet to know more but I cannot really understand the explanation there so with simple answer I will get to know it. Though I have been hearing the name, but I have not really considered the name to been known. And also, is there any different between airdrop and altcoins? Is airdrop related to bounty? I am asking all these because i have heard people saying they are using airdrop to make money and I don't know it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Wahyuihib

Activity: 609
Merit: 10

Rexx

View Profile
December 05, 2023, 09:45:41 AM

Airdrop is indeed a very promising job for earning income without having to spend any capital.  However, we must fulfill the Airdrop requirements in order to participate in it.  because if not, then it will be difficult for us to earn income.  Don't ever think that the Airdrop we are doing will provide us with benefits.  the important thing is just do it.  because one day we will find an Airdrop that will really give us profits...👍🏻👍🏻

]     ►   BUY REXX   ◄          ───────────
PRESENTS A WIDE ARRAY OF DECENTRALIZED SOLUTIONS ACROSS VARIOUS SECTORS[/url]
●   FACEBOOK   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   TWITTER   ●[/center]
synchronym

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 05, 2023, 11:31:38 AM

op I can't agree with you. I used to do a lot of airdrops once upon a time. As much as I have experience. From my experience it seems that doing airdrops is just a waste of time. We will invest as much time or as much effort behind airdrops. If we invest that time in Bitcoin, we will definitely get a lot of success. I myself would never use airdrops that much. And I would advise anyone else to avoid airdrops. If anyone wants, of course, they can use the airdrops. Then he himself will understand what benefits come from it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
velhoti (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 28

View Profile
December 06, 2023, 11:22:53 AM

Please I will like or want you to explain airdrop for me. I have browse it in the internet to know more but I cannot really understand the explanation there so with simple answer I will get to know it. Though I have been hearing the name, but I have not really considered the name to been known. And also, is there any different between airdrop and altcoins? Is airdrop related to bounty? I am asking all these because i have heard people saying they are using airdrop to make money and I don't know it.

Airdrop is a distribution method, it happens when a project decide to launch its token and need some method to put it in circulation. The airdrop consist in distribute the tokens to users of that project, usually based on some criteria of quantity and frequency of use of the plataform.

op I can't agree with you. I used to do a lot of airdrops once upon a time. As much as I have experience. From my experience it seems that doing airdrops is just a waste of time. We will invest as much time or as much effort behind airdrops. If we invest that time in Bitcoin, we will definitely get a lot of success. I myself would never use airdrops that much. And I would advise anyone else to avoid airdrops. If anyone wants, of course, they can use the airdrops. Then he himself will understand what benefits come from it.

Some people got life changing money with airdrops, to me It worth. Bitcoins is also an extremely excellent investment.
yazher

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
December 06, 2023, 01:07:51 PM

When you have followed such giveaways in the past and until the present time, you won't have any problem doing it right now because you know already some of the complicated work and you will just simply avoid other jobs that require you lots of time and the rewards are not sure. Unlike back then, we can do more airdrops especially those that you are required to just follow social media pages and share some of their posts. So if anyone wanted to get some rewards from them right now, they better make sure they will get paid because they are risking too much if they cannot get anything.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
wxa7115

View Profile
December 10, 2023, 05:26:14 AM

A point could be made that airdrops do not even exist anymore, this idea of just giving some coins away in order to get more people interested in your project and spread the distribution of your coins beyond the developers and investors is a concept that seems dead to me already.

Since the majority of the airdrops that exist these days are not really airdrops but bounties, in which you need to perform task for months just to receive a pitiful amount of coins, and that is if you are lucky as you could receive nothing in the end or the coins could be worth nothing by the time you receive them.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
MIner1448

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
December 10, 2023, 06:30:32 AM

It's true that the practice of airdrops in the cryptocurrency world has undergone significant changes over time. At the beginning of the cryptocurrency era, when the community was less saturated and competitive, airdrops were more generous and could be used to attract attention to new projects.
However, with the growing popularity and competition in the cryptocurrency space, the dynamics of airdrops have changed. Projects have become more selective about who they distribute their tokens to and are introducing more complex participation conditions to attract active and interested participants.
It's possible that the airdrop model will continue to evolve in the future, with developers looking for new ways to attract attention and create an engaged community. In any case, participating in airdrops now requires more effort and attention to detail, and it is important for investors to be vigilant and review the terms of participation before participating in such events.
libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 942

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2023, 12:03:38 PM

It's possible that the airdrop model will continue to evolve in the future, with developers looking for new ways to attract attention and create an engaged community. In any case, participating in airdrops now requires more effort and attention to detail, and it is important for investors to be vigilant and review the terms of participation before participating in such events.

True, we have come from getting free forked coins for holding certain coin (for example: BTC forks), then in 2017 era, you simply had to give your crypto address and you'd receive your coins, and now we are in trend of retrospective airdrop, rewarding for past activity.

Let's see what airdrop evolution has for us in store for next halving (2028 one).

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 4271

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2023, 12:40:48 PM

In the old days, users used a platform only once and suddenly an airdrop was announced. That happened in the first one, the Uniswap airdrop.
Airdrop appeared because projects needed to distribute their tokens to participants, and the sale of these tokens could subject the project to a fine in the future. I still see a lot of people who are hunting for airdrops, but I only follow large projects where good airdrops are possible: StarkNet, layer zero, zksync

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
wxa7115

View Profile
December 16, 2023, 05:19:53 AM

True, we have come from getting free forked coins for holding certain coin (for example: BTC forks), then in 2017 era, you simply had to give your crypto address and you'd receive your coins, and now we are in trend of retrospective airdrop, rewarding for past activity.

Let's see what airdrop evolution has for us in store for next halving (2028 one).
When it came the bitcoin forks you received them without doing anything, the only inconvenient was to learn how to claim them, but this was not really that difficult.

However airdrops these days are really disappointing, as you have no idea of the requirements so all your efforts could be wasted, while the developers and other related people knew of those requirements beforehand and could manipulate the results so they receive the majority of those coins without raising any suspicion there is foul play on their part.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 942

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2023, 05:41:03 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2023, 06:27:44 AM by libert19

When it came the bitcoin forks you received them without doing anything, the only inconvenient was to learn how to claim them, but this was not really that difficult.

However airdrops these days are really disappointing, as you have no idea of the requirements so all your efforts could be wasted, while the developers and other related people knew of those requirements beforehand and could manipulate the results so they receive the majority of those coins without raising any suspicion there is foul play on their part.

I find them similar. You didn't know when forked coin would pop-up, when was snapshot taken.

Regarding current airdrops, If you don't try to farm them, rather engage with projects normally, and if particular project does airdrop, it would be just like a normal airdrop; you didn't do anything to earn it.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███