Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:37:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally Bitcoin Devolpers planning to kill Ordinals and Inscription  (Read 1631 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4485

View Profile
January 05, 2024, 10:04:07 AM

But I don't think this developers of Bitcoin are doing anything to douse this problem of high transaction fee because it has passed one month when the hike of fee started but nothing has been done to stop this problem
This has been discussed on the mailing list since as far back as January last year, when the first wave of ordinal spam hit the network. And it was rightly pointed out on the mailing list that banning this kind of data is technically impossible, as I've also said many times in this thread, since the spammers can just move their data to other parts of the transaction which are impossible to ban, such as embedding it with public keys themselves.

its not technically impossible. it just means core cant be so openly able to trojan horse new transaction formats without network readiness/consensus if they did tighten the rules again

separately yes they can put data into 1-of-2 multisig whereby the unsigned key is a hash of data. or a clear hex of data with a prefix to fake it to appear as a key..
.. but compared to the junk of allowing 1tx to have 4mb of space to throw memes into. using multisig becomes more expensive.. plus they can actually make a fee formulae that punishes the over use of multisig. EG limiting output numbers or making certain opcode/output formats a premium
no single transaction should have upto 4mb of allowance. we need to get back to lean transactions again via re-introducing harder rules that were softened, as well as other things like making spammers pay a premium if they spend young utxo too often or using too many outputs it multiplies the fee overall..
and yes it can all be done.. because code can do alot of things.

i do laugh you think its technically impossible. you should try comedy because technical discussion seems to fail you in certain topics that come with an agenda to make bitcoin annoying to use to promote the utility of other networks

at most its 'Dev politically' impossible under the current core governance of the protocol.. but thats different to 'technically' impossible

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: