Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:11:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips on How to respond to family financial needs  (Read 206 times)
Richbased

Activity: 336
Merit: 179

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2023, 01:09:30 AM

OP all what you've said is really what is happening in the lives of people and I use myself as a practical example, after I graduated from the university, I got a job and my parents had nothing tangible doing in other to earn a stable income so as I started working, I began to attend to the needs and demands of my family depriving myself of some personal life just to satisfy my family needs, i payed their debts and also provided food for them and my basic salary wasn't really enough for me to Carter for my family and also make some savings, so since i kept doing everything for them, they became lazy always waiting for the month to end so that they can demand money from me, the funny part was that when i lost the Job, all of them started asking me what i did with the salary i earned over the years, to my greatest shock I was astonished, like this people literally know how much i earn and they know the responsibility I've been involved in since i got the Job. I was so angry and bitter by that question they asked me so I made up my mind never to support them anymore when I get I new Job, but my people no matter anything, family is family as you can't really sideline them without giving them attention when you have the opportunity, so when I got a new Job, I still Carter for them but not with the kind of energy I showed during my first job as I was not attending to all their needs, I was doing some and saving money for myself.
So, it really isn't easy to completely neglect ones family when things are going well with you even if they didn't show concern to you when things were going tough for you.

Bright Venus

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 21, 2023, 02:27:27 PM

i spent two years still giving money to my parentes when i moved with my wife, it was hard to make it
Y3shot

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 21, 2023, 03:23:57 PM

Agree with not showing giving people impression their is money,  atleast this will reduce the level of entitlements and will reduce the financial pressure financial pressure . But the facts is that we cannot run from family responsibility,  if things are going bad for family members it is hard not to respond when the money is available.  The important thing is to help with the amount you can afford and not to totally do anything about supporting family members.

In some cultures, grown-up children are responsible for providing for the needs of their parents and siblings. You cannot run away from these responsibilities unless you decide to leave the country or hide from them. This is prevalent in poor nations where there are high rates of unemployment and low standard of living. As an individual, you cannot watch your parents or poor relatives die of hunger when you have money to support them. My mother is currently sick and I have to bear the cost of her medical bills because the government has no health scheme for senior citizens.

I have also learned not to burden myself too much with other people's responsibilities. One has to plan his life because the future is unpredictable. Currently, I have a budget that has funds allocated to cover the needs of my relatives. Once I exhaust the money in the purse, every other need will have to wait till the next month. I will not borrow or take a loan because of anybody's needs and I have to also save and invest for my future. So there is need to control your expenses to avoid regrets in the future.
I think the reason why this system exists mostly in Africa and Asia countries is because the government that pay citizens,  or even good amounts of allowance after retirement, so this make them to look up to their children for support.  It is nothing what people from this region can put a stop to it. Some parents are aware of this when they get old they will become a burden to their children and they make plans of setting an investment which will help them in old age.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: