Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:26:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbies Hangout  (Read 28458 times)
robainz

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:02:39 PM

Hey guys, also new to the game like everyone else here.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Splork

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:03:04 PM

I must admit I am late to the BC party but I think Im in time to reap some benefits of the other coins such as PPC. Does anyone here have any experience with VOS? I just deposited some money with them a couple of days ago and it still has not registered with my account. My guess is they are extremely overloaded with requests.

What are the best resource sites to reference in regards to PPC?
Chapps34

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:05:06 PM

I probably have lurked hundreds of hours on this forum but cant post, thats a shame

Now i am no more a noobie !

On a more serious note, this is really annoying. I now have more than 5 posts and I still can post anywhere but here even though i want to contribute to a thread.

Yeah Its weird, but a good process to stop SOME spammers and such!
TonyOliver

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 05:05:39 PM

Hi Guys,

My name is Tony, Im based in East London England and in my late 30's.

Im a newbie to this forum but not to bitcoins.

I have been viewing this forum for months and think it is great.

However, I never felt the need to register as I didn't think I had much to contribute.

Now I do however, I appear to be stuck in "newbie jail"

How do I get out of here and how long does it take?

Free Bitcoin Giveaway - Your source for all things bitcoin
robainz

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:09:36 PM

Hi Guys,

My name is Tony, Im based in East London England and in my late 30's.

Im a newbie to this forum but not to bitcoins.

I have been viewing this forum for months and think it is great.

However, I never felt the need to register as I didn't think I had much to contribute.

Now I do however, I appear to be stuck in "newbie jail"

How do I get out of here and how long does it take?

Hi Tony, it takes 5 posts in the newbieforum and you have to be online for 4 hours.
cp70345

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:12:33 PM

Just started playing with alt coins.  Don't know if there will be any value there, but it's something fun to do.  So far have set up Betacoin and Primecoin wallets and tried a little mining on Betacoin.  Anyone have suggestions for where to get a decent asic miner to play with, ~$100?

Also, for starting out, would it be more productive to mine LTC since it has an algo better suited for CPU/GPU mining?
Chapps34

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:19:05 PM

Are you guys going to do mining or purchase coins as investments?
oktwister

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:21:32 PM

Hey guys another Newb from Oklahoma. I started mining about 3 weeks ago as strictly a hobby. A quick question regarding exceeding internet usage: Have any of you exceeded your internet usage plan from mining bit coins? I just received an email from Cox stating I have exceeded my plan. I not sure what my next steps would be. I am looking at increasing my download but just curious what types of plans other miners are using and if they have had any similar issues? Thanks again.
Splork

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:26:11 PM

Im looking to purchase coins as an investment. I just opened up an account at vaults of Satoshi, although I have no clue how to bid or offer yet:)
robainz

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:29:49 PM

I'm also looking to buy coins as an investment. Maybe also mining, but I doubt my old laptop has enough juice left to actually mine something.
orginalet28

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:32:23 PM

my laptop is to slow to mining, so its buying for me
Chapps34

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:41:18 PM

Yeah from all the research I've done, you can't mine bitcoin on your own, as a beginner. You'll need to join a professinal miners group, as an investor and let him manage the huge computer room with all the fans and systems running 24/7.  Although, for a thusand or two, you can start mining with a system on your own, but for LITECOINS not bitcoins. Most say the success rate there is getting smaller as well for the small players like us!!

Chapps34

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:50:47 PM

Your laptops would MELT from the heat and make nooooooooo money. IF you are seriosu about mining, think about it as something fun and a learning expereince, not a money making thing.
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:13:19 PM

Hey guys another Newb from Oklahoma. I started mining about 3 weeks ago as strictly a hobby. A quick question regarding exceeding internet usage: Have any of you exceeded your internet usage plan from mining bit coins? I just received an email from Cox stating I have exceeded my plan. I not sure what my next steps would be. I am looking at increasing my download but just curious what types of plans other miners are using and if they have had any similar issues? Thanks again.

Is your problem the actual mining or the download of the blockchain in your wallet?

daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:14:52 PM

my laptop is to slow to mining, so its buying for me

You might also look into trading to make some profit. But with the current rise of nearly all coin types, just buy and hold might be the best strategy.

Tributary

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:13:01 PM

Hi everyone - I just signed up for the forum!

I've been watching Bitcoin for awhile and learning about it, but only last week did I invest. I bought a little from Coinbase during a dip in price, and am still waiting for that to hit my wallet Roll Eyes

Other than that, I go to a round of faucet sites sometimes and earn a few fractions of a penny! It's chump change, but I don't have much fiat to keep buying btc with, and it's exciting to have something that will (ideally) increase in value.

Nice to meet everyone!
summerlove

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:15:53 PM

hello, i'm pretty brand new to bitcoins, as i just started investing in it yesterday. my friend showed me it, and i knew about it for awhile but never really thought of it as a way to make money. my current position i am in right now, i can make pretty good money but i needed something to invest it in, so i chose bitcoin and cryptocurrency. im just saying i am brand new to this, kind of don't understand mining and all of that.
daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:27:19 PM

hello, i'm pretty brand new to bitcoins, as i just started investing in it yesterday. my friend showed me it, and i knew about it for awhile but never really thought of it as a way to make money. my current position i am in right now, i can make pretty good money but i needed something to invest it in, so i chose bitcoin and cryptocurrency. im just saying i am brand new to this, kind of don't understand mining and all of that.

I think you have to consider, that we have a bit of a bubble at the moment. Don't know if it's smart to buy a lot of coins for the current price.

summerlove

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:29:27 PM

I think you have to consider, that we have a bit of a bubble at the moment. Don't know if it's smart to buy a lot of coins for the current price.
i don't mean just bitcoins, i want to put a little bit of money in a few different coins
daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:37:53 PM

Litecoins are also too high in my eyes. Most other coin types are just gambling. There are 1 or 2 exchanges trading them. If one of them removes them their value drops close to nil...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: