Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:02:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RBF. What are the dangers of making it mandatory for all Transactions?  (Read 233 times)
Learn Bitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 826

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2023, 05:53:52 AM

RBF is just a feature to allow unconfirmed transactions to be bumped up through the fees, I don't see any relation between RBF and centralized exchanges because even if by default RBF is enabled by all the nodes as a consensus rule, the centralized exchanges will remain the way they are because they have fixed transactions for withdrawals and that's where they make money as a business.
Yeah, I know that. That's why I said it's a stupid question. Even if all nodes enable RBF, centralized exchange users won't be able to control their Bitcoin. With that stupid question, I would request everyone to move their Bitcoin out of the exchanges. About some other wallets that do not have a coin control feature, what will they do? Unfortunately, no organization can force those wallets to include a coin control feature.

However, the advantage of the stable fee they collected sometimes favours the users in the sense that if the mempool is full, they pay more than what is expected of you assuming you are the one making the transaction. For instance, the median fee might be 250 sats per vbyte and you may be required to pay $20 but they sometimes suspend transactions when there is congestion, smart move right.
There was a time when Binance was charging 20000 Satoshi for Bitcoin withdrawals, which was around $5 at that time. However, a transaction could have been confirmed with ten sat/vB, and the cost was less than $1. When the mempool started getting busy, Binance raised it to 0.00075 BTC, which is around $33. But, general Bitcoin users can confirm their transaction spending around $10-$15. Of course, it depends on their transaction size and many other factors. But Binance charges $33 for each withdrawal Smiley. Look how profitable it is.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: