Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:02:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Forces of Inflation: Turkey's Central Bank Boss Will Move In With Her Parent  (Read 190 times)
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2023, 09:32:38 PM

Turkey's Lira has been experiencing devaluation for at least 1 year now, a lot of problem is happening on basic level of Turkey's economy. Their import far more compared to their export, and how the central bank handling the inflation problem is not helping at all. Turkey's Central Bank doesn't increase the interest rate, to discourage people from borrowing money and control the inflation. If nothing change on the economic policy, the trajectory seems to lead Turkey's to the same place as Venezuela.

harapan

Activity: 1708
Merit: 298

View Profile
December 17, 2023, 09:50:14 PM

It is a statement made to say "I'm also in the same boat with you." However it isn't factual.

Exactly! She's not in the same boat with them. She's rich as hell. Worst case scenario she leaves the country for a different country where she would live peacefully for the rest of her life. I'm sure nobody is truly going to believe that she can't afford rent. If a person of her status can't afford rent that means more than half of the country can't afford rent.
Although, if she has good intentions, this gesture can have a positive impact. It can help the people be calm and trust that the government is working to fix the country. The "we're in this together" gesture helps people relax knowing that they're not alone in a God-forsaken situation.
When a country gets to the level Turkey is at, it's always the middle class and lower class that feels it the most, not the top people in government r government institutions.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
coupable

Activity: 2352
Merit: 757

View Profile
December 17, 2023, 11:35:48 PM

Maybe the woman is trying to communicate something to the world. I just do not know. Because it should not be worse to the extent that a whole central bank governor will not have at least government provided accomodation during her service.
I cannot consider it more than a rhetorical ploy to highlight the problem of inflation. I cannot imagine that the governor of any central bank in any country in the world, no matter the size of its economy and no matter how failed its financial policies, would not provide a private residence for its governor with strict security protection. He is an important national figure as important as the president and his ministers.
The situation in Turkey is truly catastrophic due to the frightening decline of the Turkish lira against all foreign currencies, which is happening at a strange speed. The government is unable to control inflation levels, and every new plan to remedy the matter makes the situation worse.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2618
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2023, 11:52:02 PM

The inflation level of one EU country can't be used to justify other EU countries.
Having said that, Turkey has been experiencing the collapse of the currency and a rapid increase in inflation months ago which has caused financial ruin for some people from Turkey.
The majority of people in the crypto space may not know that this is the reason a lot of people from Turkey saw cryptocurrency as an alternative months ago before the earthquake incident.

Faisal2202

Activity: 1218
Merit: 469

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2023, 02:19:43 PM

I was going through the local news channel in my country when I saw a notification popped up that left me in awe, it says that “Inflation Forces Turkey’s Central Bank Chief To Move In With Parents”. I was surprised to see the rate of inflation in the country now becoming very hard for the Central Bank Chief not being able to pay for a house in the capital city of Turkey, Instanbul.
I am not from Turkey but I can see the lira currency has more value than ours currency which indicates that your local currency is doing way good than ours. Well, it also means things in your country will be more expensive than ours as per currency difference. Besides all this, I sometimes find statements like these coming from political celebrities as an act to gain some positive attraction of sympathy or love from those who thought they might be corrupt.

Well, when I read this news the first thought that came to my mind is, that she might not be doing corruption that's why she can't afford a new house or she might not have saved any money. Besides all other factors, inflation is a big one to talk about.

To be honest, buying only land has become very expensive for a middle-class person and building a house on that land seems impossible for a middleman.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: