Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:57:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction is pending because fee was too low, now what  (Read 399 times)
Gormicsta

Activity: 168
Merit: 75

View Profile
December 23, 2023, 02:38:12 PM

If a miner include an invalid transaction, the block will be rejected by nodes.

Yes, it is correct! When this occurs, it's referred to as a "reorg" or "reorganization". In essence, the nodes will disregard the block containing the illegal or invalid transaction and instead build on the subsequent legitimate/valid block in the chain. As a result, miners must exercise extreme caution when selecting which transactions to include in their blocks because doing so will waste their time and resources on invalid transactions. Miners who include invalid transactions will have a disadvantage in comparison to those who go by the rules, much like in a natural selection process.
Faisal2202

Activity: 1218
Merit: 469

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2023, 03:54:49 PM

Any node is connected to some other nodes.
Once you broadcast your transaction-cut-
Yeah, Understood.
You pay the fee to miners, -cut-
Understood.
Yes, anyone has your address can check all your transactions.

Assume that you don't run your own node and you are using a SPV wallet like electrum.
Whenever you open your wallet, electrum sends all the generated addresses to a server. The server can know that all those addresses are owned by the same person.
If you connect to the server with your real IP address, the server can link all those addresses to your IP address.
Now I understand what privacy you were talking about. Thanks for the clarification. I fully understand the basics and the benefits of running the node as a validator. It is really a good thing for those who want to remain hidden, the statement that I made about mixers going down or being of no use, but if this is the case, then mixers are still needed.

PS: Thanks for your help; it really matters. I hope I have some merits to appreciate you but unfortunately I lack some now.

Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1248

Life's but a walking shadow!

View Profile
December 23, 2023, 06:19:34 PM

I am still sceptical of this blue wallet. I downloaded the Blue Wallet app on my Android phone, but it keeps crashing. On several occasions, I opened the wallet and imported my keys and after  doing that, it is expected that it would remain there, imported as already done but the reverse is always the case as I keep importing and in some instances, the app does not open.
There isn't anything inherently wrong with Bluewallet, it is a very good, open source Bitcoin wallet and i suspect the problem you are having stems from your device. If it was a general problem, we would have seen so many people complaining about the same thing, thus i think the reason why the application crashes is a problem from your device.
I think the developer needs to look into it for an update or phone compartibility because my gadget is a sophisticated one
Bluewallet is already compatible with mobile devices (both Android and IOS). BTW, what device are you using? Maybe you can try downloading Bluewallet on a different device to see if the same thing happens.
Faisal2202

Activity: 1218
Merit: 469

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2023, 06:47:18 PM

Well, that's not anything most people rely on the information they obtain from a single source and they don't cross-check the legitimacy of the basic concepts because they themselves idealize the information in their imagination but at the end of the day when they encounter the truth explanation they find whatever they were idealizing was in a wrong direction. I've faced such situations many times especially when I was encountering a few metaverse-related discussions.
You are right, and my idealizing was to say miners are the ones who can validate our transactions. Even though I have read a lot of articles and written many, I didn't know this minor difference between validators and miners. I am starting to think about how I got this far without knowing it. I guess luck was with me, haha. Well, I think I should also work on rechecking my idealizations about various topics, but to be honest, this is not the first time I am being corrected here on BTT.

I was wrong about many things and corrected by many members, and till now I have learned a lot, so maybe that's why I did not try to learn things on my own but tried to learn things by making mistakes, which I should avoid doing. As you know, sometimes I am bashed by members too.

CryptSafe

Activity: 756
Merit: 440

View Profile
December 26, 2023, 12:58:28 PM

I am still sceptical of this blue wallet. I downloaded the Blue Wallet app on my Android phone, but it keeps crashing. On several occasions, I opened the wallet and imported my keys and after  doing that, it is expected that it would remain there, imported as already done but the reverse is always the case as I keep importing and in some instances, the app does not open.
There isn't anything inherently wrong with Bluewallet, it is a very good, open source Bitcoin wallet and i suspect the problem you are having stems from your device. If it was a general problem, we would have seen so many people complaining about the same thing, thus i think the reason why the application crashes is a problem from your device.
I think the developer needs to look into it for an update or phone compartibility because my gadget is a sophisticated one
Bluewallet is already compatible with mobile devices (both Android and IOS). BTW, what device are you using? Maybe you can try downloading Bluewallet on a different device to see if the same thing happens.

I downloaded the bluewallet app on my phone and it was fine. Opening it is were the issue lies. Sometimes it opens sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it opens and crashes. Possibly there should be an upgraded version of the App but when I checked google playstore  to see if there is an update but no such update as I have expected.
OPPO is strong  and sophisticated enough to be compatible with bluewallet app. I think bluewallet app would have to upgrade as this might possibly be a bug on their application.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀