Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:28:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin create an opportunity to reduce poverty?  (Read 1189 times)
Egii Nna

Activity: 294
Merit: 161

View Profile
January 20, 2024, 03:50:55 PM

It been a big challenge in most country since the fuel subsidy and bad economy some country  are facing.A lot of people find it difficult to feed themselves and families, Now it Christmas season alot of people don’t have transport to go their various stats due to the high cost of transportation,  bad road and insecurities in some nation, some many lose intrest. As a good country the government should have free bus for less privileged to travel home for season like this.that why cryptocurrency should be taught free to individual with serious mind, with the rate of overpopulation and poverty in the country it something everyone or most people suppose to learn because the world is going digital and our currency is not appreciating compared to other currencies and the value is so low.that why am suggesting that Bitcoin and altcoin should be taught free of charge and the knowledge should be pass to the younger ones since they are the leader of tomorrow let see how it can reduce the rate of poverty or eradicate poverty entirely in every Nation. The world is suffering and Bitcoin should be introduced in every nation and should be freely

Firstly, I would like to appreciate your efforts in writing all this. Actually, bitcoin has already helped many people in life, but not everyone will be rich because, even though bitcoin knowledge is freely thought out, some people find it hard to invest. This is one of the factors that affects many poor people, but it's not that they don't know about bitcoin but still find it hard to invest. For instance, you can’t come to someone who has lots of depth on him and tell him to invest in bitcoin; it is not possible, and again, some people are meant to be poor. You can’t change their destiny. You can look at your fingers and find out that they are not equal, so in life they must have those differences; if not, there will be a great problem.

And again, most of the things you have been mentioning are some challenges affecting Nigeria, but I don’t know if the same is happening in other countries. The high rate of inflation in Nigeria is getting out of hand, so our leaders and government have to work hard together with the people living in the country to solve the problem of this inflation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Odusko

Activity: 896
Merit: 509

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2024, 04:03:19 PM

First why generalise the statement without mentioning a particular country or you mean to post this on your local board, because not every country faces what you talked about and since the statement is not a global phenomenal statement, it will be hard for others to contribute to what you are saying.
AInmy country, what you mentioned are some of the challenges that are facing us as a country, and the acknowledgement of that is what has made many youths in my country to embrace and adopt Bitcoin and other offers that can help ease the impact of this economic situation on the youths.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
New Money

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2024, 07:12:06 PM

Nope, the introduction of Bitcoin isn't likely to reduce poverty. Historically, trading systems have evolved from bartering with items like shells and fruits to using currency, yet poverty has persisted. The fundamental issue of poverty isn't necessarily tied to the type of currency in use, but rather to broader socio-economic factors, including the distribution of wealth and power. Typically, those who benefit most from changes in financial systems or the introduction of new currencies like Bitcoin are individuals already in positions of power or with substantial resources. Without addressing these underlying systemic issues, the mere introduction of a new form of currency like Bitcoin isn't sufficient to significantly reduce poverty levels.
kennyliang23

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 20, 2024, 07:17:51 PM

My plan with Bitcoin is pretty straightforward – I'm holding onto it for the long haul, kind of like how you'd hang onto stocks from big names like Apple, FaceBook (certainly no Twitter).
I've set aside a chunk of my paycheck to regularly buy a bit more Bitcoin. It's like playing the long game; I'm betting on its value going up over time. Plus, buying consistently helps smooth out the ups and downs in price. So yeah, that's my game plan – keep building that Bitcoin stash bit by bit and see where it takes me.
wallet4bitcoin

Activity: 924
Merit: 281

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2024, 07:47:32 PM

It has already created cross-boarder opportunities that has ended eradicating poverty to heights never envisaged.

It was not perceived that a system will rock the change that loads of economies will benefit from directly or indirectly.

Trading Bitcoin in anyway has become a major business for people even without the involvement of brokers to mediate transactions.

The concept of startups has also met its tremendous success because of Bitcoin.

It is almost immeasurable, considering the time of Bitcoins birth till date as compared to the normal societal approach.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.SIGN UP.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2024, 10:25:37 PM

So there are two questions here,
1. Can Bitcoin create opportunity?

Definitely, anything new will create opportunity, Bitcoin directly/indirectly has create a new Industry a Blockchain & Crypto Industry. I know that Blockchain and Crypto has been exist before Bitcoin but the industry only emerge after Bitcoin gain popularity. With new industry there are more business opportunity and thus it create job opportunity.

2. Can bitcoin reduce poverty.

It might but it won't be significant, there are deep structural and systemic problems that cause poverty, 1% of people are richer than the 99% combined, the cycle of poverty lead to lack of education, lack of education lead to less low income job, low income job lead to poverty and so on and so forth, Bitocin alone will not solve these problems.

Riginac111

Activity: 220
Merit: 104

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 20, 2024, 10:56:08 PM

It been a big challenge in most country since the fuel subsidy and bad economy some country  are facing.A lot of people find it difficult to feed themselves and families, Now it Christmas season alot of people don’t have transport to go their various stats due to the high cost of transportation,  bad road and insecurities in some nation, some many lose intrest. As a good country the government should have free bus for less privileged to travel home for season like this.that why cryptocurrency should be taught free to individual with serious mind, with the rate of overpopulation and poverty in the country it something everyone or most people suppose to learn because the world is going digital and our currency is not appreciating compared to other currencies and the value is so low.that why am suggesting that Bitcoin and altcoin should be taught free of charge and the knowledge should be pass to the younger ones since they are the leader of tomorrow let see how it can reduce the rate of poverty or eradicate poverty entirely in every Nation. The world is suffering and Bitcoin should be introduced in every nation and should be freely
there is no way bitcoin will be introduced without having a counterpart or opposition so Bitcoin has been introduced since and many country Rise Against the existence of Bitcoin so it is not something that every country will embrace the same time or at any point in time so I think that why some Nations refuse to welcome Bitcoin as a real currency which is being derived from cryptocurrency or a digital asset is because they are confused of Bitcoin and the all their mindset is that bitcoin will take over their traditional currency so I believe that bitcoin the problem today is because of government.

There is something that I want us to understand concerning Bitcoin, this currency that is being produced by satoshi nakamoto is not to take over traditional currency or to make people rich but it was introduced or lesser the transaction of people from different continent to another continent that is why bitcoin is being meant or being introduced to the world, but people since Bitcoin like the shortest way of making money or getting rich, for me it is not the way I see Bitcoin I see bitcoin as a digital currency that I have it on power of regulation and it cannot be tamper or being controlled by any government, so that is how I seem Bitcoin my only definition

OGsmall

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 10:16:49 PM

It been a big challenge in most country since the fuel subsidy and bad economy some country  are facing.A lot of people find it difficult to feed themselves and families, Now it Christmas season alot of people don’t have transport to go their various stats due to the high cost of transportation,  bad road and insecurities in some nation, some many lose intrest. As a good country the government should have free bus for less privileged to travel home for season like this.that why cryptocurrency should be taught free to individual with serious mind, with the rate of overpopulation and poverty in the country it something everyone or most people suppose to learn because the world is going digital and our currency is not appreciating compared to other currencies and the value is so low.that why am suggesting that Bitcoin and altcoin should be p taught free of charge and the knowledge should be pass to the younger ones since they are the leader of tomorrow let see how it can reduce the rate of poverty or eradicate poverty entirely in every Nation. The world is suffering and Bitcoin should be introduced in every nation and should be freely
OP how many people do you no in the whole wild world that is poor there are more than billions of peoples who are poor.
See let tell each other the real truth the problem here is not about  teaching bitcoin after the teaching do they have funds to invest in it that the question here
Do you no most people do not eat three square meals in a day and now here you are talking about teaching.
Come to think of it who do you think will be the host of the  classes??  do you think the government that does not care about the poor all they all after is there own fame and riches and power..
OP there is a saying in my country side that says “Na money them Dey use find money “ this mean you have to use money to get money that just sample as that, so will you to forget it the government can not the reduced the rate of poor peoples.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: