Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:38:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Signature mixers question  (Read 574 times)
zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 4283

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2024, 10:06:06 PM

Only coins that come from a regulated exchange or are freshly mined I would consider safe to deposit into an exchange.
I will upset you, but you should know that as soon as you transfer even the "whitest coins" to the exchange, it will not save you from exchange blocking.
My buddy transferred 1-2 thousand coins to the exchange from one address, there were no questions from the exchange, but when he transferred 40000 dollars worth of coins, he immediately got blocked.
He lost this money because his address has a lot of transactions, where he can not explain the reasons.
If you decide to take such a step, you should have a wallet where you can give an explanation for each transaction, even if it was several years ago.

That's pretty crazy. Was it Coinbase? I've heard Coinbase is insanely strict nowadays, to the point is just nonviable to deposit any coins that don't come from Coinbase itself, as in back and forth from Coinbase into your wallet back to Coinbase is ok, but anything else adds additional steps of complexity that may lock you out of the coins until you deliver some context. But with a lawyer you may find a solution. The real problem here would be with the taxman. Because most people will not be able to explain every satoshi ever on his wallet, so these are the ones that are expert in screwing innocent people up that just obtained some coins here and there along the years, then you want to cash out and they treat you like you are El Chapo or something.
No, this is not Coinbase. But I heard dozens of such stories and the exchanges were different. A small number of crypto users were able to unlock their coins, but they were helped not by lawyers, but by YouTube bloggers with a large number of subscribers. The exchange is not afraid of lawyers, the exchange is afraid of losing its reputation. But this only helped those people who had everything in order with their documents and tax returns. If you don't have tax returns and documented proof of the legality of your coins, then no one will help you.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
takuma sato (OP)

Activity: 295
Merit: 425

View Profile
January 17, 2024, 02:39:07 AM

I'm supposed to do a report every time I get paid - which means every week, which is completely insane. Therefore, if someone makes such an insane request, I think we can agree that paying taxes on the earnings from signature campaigns is by no means an option for people in my situation.

Given that I live in an extremely corrupt country where in the last 8 years about 30 ministers have been fired or resigned due to corrupt actions, believe me I sleep peacefully when I know that my money did not go into their pockets.

What is that real you need to file a report every time you get paid, here in my country Just the same as zasad@ that you need to fill in a year.
What country do you live in bro? just curious  Cheesy

and maybe if I were Op I would not going to record any money that comes from the mixer neither from signature or my personal fund since the mixer in my opinion is kinda in a grey area at least for the regulator. so better opt-out.
I understand that tax authorities in different countries are improving tax collection, but I don’t think that everything is so serious that they would waste resources on users who earn about $100 a week. I think that the spent resources of the tax authorities will not pay off. If my tax office required me to report for each payment, then I would receive bitcoins for the subscription campaign to an unofficial address, and then every quarter or year I would transfer bitcoins through an exchange for Monero from the unofficial address to the official one and pay taxes.
But sometimes it is better not to report coins, and you will not be asked questions.

You are only overcomplicating things isn't? Since you are sending your signature campaign earnings throught Monero, and then into an exchange, you are just going to get your dox attached to Monero transactions, and exchanges are increasingly more anti privacy coins, and I suspect governments wouldn't be a fan as well. So that really does not fix anything. Once you cash out, either your bank or your government could ask for proof of funds as well. Not really a solution imo. Either you don't report it, or you try to be as clear as possible if you report it. The problem is, if you don't report it, then what do you do with the coins? You cannot barely do anything with crypto if you don't convert it to fiat anyway.
zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 4283

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2024, 12:07:39 PM

I'm supposed to do a report every time I get paid - which means every week, which is completely insane. Therefore, if someone makes such an insane request, I think we can agree that paying taxes on the earnings from signature campaigns is by no means an option for people in my situation.

Given that I live in an extremely corrupt country where in the last 8 years about 30 ministers have been fired or resigned due to corrupt actions, believe me I sleep peacefully when I know that my money did not go into their pockets.

What is that real you need to file a report every time you get paid, here in my country Just the same as zasad@ that you need to fill in a year.
What country do you live in bro? just curious  Cheesy

and maybe if I were Op I would not going to record any money that comes from the mixer neither from signature or my personal fund since the mixer in my opinion is kinda in a grey area at least for the regulator. so better opt-out.
I understand that tax authorities in different countries are improving tax collection, but I don’t think that everything is so serious that they would waste resources on users who earn about $100 a week. I think that the spent resources of the tax authorities will not pay off. If my tax office required me to report for each payment, then I would receive bitcoins for the subscription campaign to an unofficial address, and then every quarter or year I would transfer bitcoins through an exchange for Monero from the unofficial address to the official one and pay taxes.
But sometimes it is better not to report coins, and you will not be asked questions.

You are only overcomplicating things isn't? Since you are sending your signature campaign earnings throught Monero, and then into an exchange, you are just going to get your dox attached to Monero transactions, and exchanges are increasingly more anti privacy coins, and I suspect governments wouldn't be a fan as well. So that really does not fix anything. Once you cash out, either your bank or your government could ask for proof of funds as well. Not really a solution imo. Either you don't report it, or you try to be as clear as possible if you report it. The problem is, if you don't report it, then what do you do with the coins? You cannot barely do anything with crypto if you don't convert it to fiat anyway.
In my country there is no problem exchanging cryptocurrencies for cash.
If you use a bank, you can legally transfer money to a self-employed account and pay 4% tax. There are limits of $26,000 per year, but according to the law, the tax office does not have the right to conduct audits and I am not required to keep accounting records.
If you use the exchange, then without KYC and this is more for the mixer function.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██