Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:17:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kaspa POW Chain Setup Issue: Miner Reports “Not Synced” Despite Genesis Block Pr  (Read 30 times)
web3revolution (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2024, 04:27:39 AM

I’m currently learning how blockchain technology operates and decided to set up the Kaspa POW chain from scratch to gain practical experience. The GitHub repository I used for this purpose is [kaspa][1].

Here are the steps I’ve completed so far:

1.   Successfully set up the node, wallet, and miner builds both locally and on a server.
   2.   Set up the DNSSeeder, which appears to be functioning correctly as it returns the IP addresses of peers in the A record of a domain DNS query.

When I run the chain in a testnet environment, it successfully connects to the DNS seeder and establishes a connection with a remote node. However, I encounter an issue when starting the miner: it reports that Kaspa is “not synced,” even though a query to the network confirms the genesis block is successfully written to the network.

Question: How does the chain initiate at the very start? Could I be missing a step or configuration that’s causing this sync issue?

Additional details:

•   Despite the “not synced” status, I attempted to force start mining, and while mining began, it seems the nodes are not picking up the transactions at all.
   •   If anyone can help what I might be missing here would be really helpful, like is there anything else require to accomplish to start the chain ? If all nodes have genesisblock available and any node starts mining doesn’t every other node on chain should start syncing it automatically? Is there any requirements for minimum number of nodes required in network to start syncing and mining process ?

[1]: https://github.com/kaspanet/kaspad
tromp
Legendary

Activity: 978
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 19, 2024, 07:07:38 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2024, 11:28:38 AM by tromp

Possibly relevant: https://www.reddit.com/r/kaspa/comments/1bieven/comment/kvk8k38/

Also, this discussion doesn't belong here. Please post to the Altcoin section instead.
web3revolution (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2024, 12:11:57 PM

Thanks for the reply I am checking it . And sorry will move post to altcoin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: