Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:16:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which wallet can i use for my needs  (Read 755 times)
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 06:19:43 PM

I will say Electrum is more suitable for a newbie due to its popularity and simple UI/UX. But choose your bitcoin wallet based on multiple factors via: Choose your Bitcoin wallet

For altcoins, you can refer replies from Open source multi crypto wallets!

Your wallet must provide private keys/seedphrases and it should be open source.
Electrum is one of the best wallets for bitcoin. but I would advice a newbie to use a wallet which supports bitcoin and altcoins both. Coinomi, or Trustwallet these two would be perfect fit for OP.. while it is not a problem for him to use  multiple wallets but as you said a newbie. then it is better to stick with one wallet until you gain some experience in crypto.
Coinomi and trustwallet both are non custodial. BTW. coinomi works on an electrum seed too. so it should be good for OP.

Both Coinomi and Trust wallet are closed-source so I would not recommend both these wallet for anyone to store their crypto assets but the alternative can be Unstoppable Wallet, which is multi crypto wallet and open sourced too.

Github: https://github.com/horizontalsystems
APP store: https://apps.apple.com/app/bank-bitcoin-wallet/id1447619907?ls=1
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.horizontalsystems.bankwallet

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Ojima-ojo

Activity: 728
Merit: 448

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 07:32:38 PM

For a few bulk, you can use any of the recommended online wallet, for me i used bluewallet to store my Bitcoin but i don't know about altcoins since I have none of that for now, but if I may consider holding any at a time, I would rather choose to use a trusted wallet for short-term storage, because a trusted wallet accepts multiple coins and can connect to decentralized exchange Dapp such as uni swap and the rest.

For the highest level of security, you may have to use a hardware wallet like Trezor and the rest of the hardware wallet device if you are holding for the longest period.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Rockstarguy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 586

God is great

View Profile
January 31, 2024, 06:08:16 AM

As a newbie which wallet i can use and will that wallet support bitcoin and other altcoins? I know some wallet names like Coinbase Wallet, Trust Wallet, MyEtherWallet but as a newbie which wallet can I use to keep my assets safe. I have heard a lot of people using trust wallets. How trust wallet is reliable for holding bitcoins and other altcoins? How likely is it to be hacked?
I don't really know the reason why you want a wallet that can store altcoins, but I will advice you as a newbie you don't need to put your target and focus on altcoins because it takes good understanding for one to be able to decide to go for which altcoin will be better to invest in. Since you are still young in the crypto world it will be best you focus on bitcoin and choose the best wallet that is good for storage of bitcoin. Making your choice concerning wallet shouldn't be because of altcoins but let bitcoin be the reason why you need a good wallet  for storage.

Altcoins are not what a newbies need to put the mind, concentrating on altcoins can be misleading expecially for newbies and it is very easy for a newbie to lose his/her money in altcoins. As for altcoins I know trust wallet as one that many altcoins can be stored, buy the trust wallet is not he best for bitcoin,  it is better for bitcoin can to be store in non custodial wallet.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Rimueng

Activity: 375
Merit: 12

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
February 05, 2024, 12:30:42 PM

As a newbie which wallet i can use and will that wallet support bitcoin and other altcoins? I know some wallet names like Coinbase Wallet, Trust Wallet, MyEtherWallet but as a newbie which wallet can I use to keep my assets safe. I have heard a lot of people using trust wallets. How trust wallet is reliable for holding bitcoins and other altcoins? How likely is it to be hacked?
I agree with other comment like seperate between btc and altcoin wallet. for btc use trust wallet, you need keep phrase and this secure option because it supports Bitcoin and a wide array of altcoins, meaning you can manage multiple types of crypto assets within just one wallet. And for splitting assets like altcoin and flexible to use in dekstop and mobile I prefer use Metamask.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║ 〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙 ║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
GeorgeJohn

Activity: 1456
Merit: 673

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
February 05, 2024, 06:05:08 PM

Personally all wallets are safe for me if i can keep the private key and password of your wallet confidential. There are many wallets which are all good but exchange wallet is not very convenient. If you want to save big money then avoid exchange wallet. If your capital amount is high then you can use hardware wallet and if the amount of money is small then you can use trust wallet, coinbase, myetherwallet.
best wallet someone can advise you or encourage you to use for your cryptocurrency investment especially a Bitcoin is a Electrum wallet, other wallet are good but as you said what is paramount or important is the seat phrase of any wallet because the prophet key is most important thing in any wallet depends your storage of your private key, the mistake some of us always make during a cryptocurrency investment and its private key is to store save our Private key in our laptop and also our phones so it is good for someone to write out of the private key or the seed phrase and document it manually than saving it online.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1248

Life's but a walking shadow!

View Profile
February 05, 2024, 06:18:34 PM

I agree with other comment like seperate between btc and altcoin wallet. for btc use trust wallet, you need keep phrase and this secure option because it supports Bitcoin and a wide array of altcoins, meaning you can manage multiple types of crypto assets within just one wallet.
Do not use trust wallet to hodl your Bitcoins, trust wallet supports many altcoins and also Bitcoin, but use it for only your altcoins, and choose from the other safe and secure alternatives for your Bitcoin, like electrum wallet.
they are numerous wallets that support bitcoin and altcoins like metamusk, electrum etc.
Mind you that electrum wallet does not support both Bitcoins and Altcoins, electrum wallet is a Bitcoin-only wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: