Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:53:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be aware, no use person wallet .  (Read 390 times)
Jaycoinz

Activity: 322
Merit: 166

God is All

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2024, 05:40:07 PM

Well are you surprised? Due to the high fee that rocked the Bitcoin network few months back so many users here actually changed their payment address wallets to exchange wallets and so many people out there still very much used binance exchange to actually save their coins whereas exchange is meant for only selling of your coins and nothing more. We have seen so many cases of how people actually lose their coins due to one or two issues concerning exchanges so it's very much safer that your coins be in a non-custodial wallet than an exchange
There was this issue a friend of mine faced over the weekend, he tried to consolidate his coins in a single exchange wallet and send it back as a single transaction to his non-custodial wallet. As he sent the funds, the exchange imposed a 10% tax on him to send the funds to his electrum wallet which made him spend his holdings on his needs and not yearn to the robbery of the exchange. Saving your coins in an exchange to gather it together is a very high risk as the funds may be lost in case of the exchange winding up, or the transaction fees they might charge will be too high for you to bear, I had an experience using my OKX exchange to sell coins through P2P where I was made to pay transaction fees just to move my coins from my wallet account to my exchange account, still in the same platform.

You are not safe with an exchange, if its not your keys, its definitely not your coins. In the case of my friend above, you can consolidate your coins in a non-custodial wallet and when you have gathered enough and is set to transfer it as a single transaction, you can send it to another non-custodial wallet, or even within the same wallet provider as such transactions fees are relatively cheaper compared to dealing with an exchange.
But the funny thing is that in as much exchanges are not all good in saving of coins, people still keep their coins there and some of the folks that keep it there is not because of anything but due to the fact that you can actually buy Bitcoin with a non-custodial wallet so people that don't earn Bitcoin as a means of payment through their work still have to buy and gather their so that when sending it out the fees won't be the same as per sending on every single time when you buy Bitcoin especially those that are hoarding BTC through DCA strategy.

GiftedMAN

Activity: 812
Merit: 551

Leo is resting.

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2024, 06:36:26 PM

Not just only someone's wallet but also wallet wey someone don get acces or wallet wey person also get the seedphrase with you. Wallet is very important when it comes to cryptocurrency because when a wallet is exposed it is easy to lose things very well.  E go make sense if everyone can treat their wallet with care not exposing it any how,  the rate at which people lose their money will reduce

I agree with you, bitcoin is privacy so anything that is connected to it is supposed to be used by one person once it is connected to two or more person the original function has been tampered it is no longer private as it should be. The essence of having a Wallet is for security and privacy once someone else has access to your private keys you are advised to avoid using the same wallet otherwise you will end up having loss of all your funds if they are located in the wallet. Same way you keep yourself out of harm you ought to protect and preserve your wallet from someone else's getting access to it if you understand what privacy means.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
rachael9385 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 319

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2024, 06:47:16 PM

Well are you surprised? Due to the high fee that rocked the Bitcoin network few months back so many users here actually changed their payment address wallets to exchange wallets and so many people out there still very much used binance exchange to actually save their coins whereas exchange is meant for only selling of your coins and nothing more. We have seen so many cases of how people actually lose their coins due to one or two issues concerning exchanges so it's very much safer that your coins be in a non-custodial wallet than an exchange
There was this issue a friend of mine faced over the weekend, he tried to consolidate his coins in a single exchange wallet and send it back as a single transaction to his non-custodial wallet. As he sent the funds, the exchange imposed a 10% tax on him to send the funds to his electrum wallet which made him spend his holdings on his needs and not yearn to the robbery of the exchange. Saving your coins in an exchange to gather it together is a very high risk as the funds may be lost in case of the exchange winding up, or the transaction fees they might charge will be too high for you to bear, I had an experience using my OKX exchange to sell coins through P2P where I was made to pay transaction fees just to move my coins from my wallet account to my exchange account, still in the same platform.

You are not safe with an exchange, if its not your keys, its definitely not your coins. In the case of my friend above, you can consolidate your coins in a non-custodial wallet and when you have gathered enough and is set to transfer it as a single transaction, you can send it to another non-custodial wallet, or even within the same wallet provider as such transactions fees are relatively cheaper compared to dealing with an exchange.
But the funny thing is that in as much exchanges are not all good in saving of coins, people still keep their coins there and some of the folks that keep it there is not because of anything but due to the fact that you can actually buy Bitcoin with a non-custodial wallet so people that don't earn Bitcoin as a means of payment through their work still have to buy and gather their so that when sending it out the fees won't be the same as per sending on every single time when you buy Bitcoin especially those that are hoarding BTC through DCA strategy.
If not that I find my ways on Bitcointalk I wouldn't have known that there is another wallets that people can keep their Bitcoin, if you keep your coins on exchanges you might be tempted to sell some Bitcoin if a split problems occurs around you. But when you keep your Bitcoin on a wallet you might also consider the transaction fees and stop to sell. I also think that many people don't know that wallets are not the same as exchange, they believe that if you can keep your bitcoin on it it's already safe.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
KupaCrypto

Activity: 308
Merit: 30

View Profile
March 24, 2024, 02:57:33 AM

The bottom lines is beware of scammers, because with all this Binance wahala now, them go just find one format scam person, you know scammers are intelligent people, so Na just to dey careful or any transaction or exchange you do this period,
Exchange they very risky, what if you misplaced your keys, then the coin is gone?
Everything is just being careful, whether you use exchange or not, just be careful
Like you mentioned it's also a time to safe coins as the bull run is closer.
Manlikefrank1

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2024, 07:02:19 AM

As this issue of binance and government dey go so, I go advise make person no go put coins for another person exchange because say em no get another exchange. My reasons be say as binance done shot down naira for their platforms and people go dey fin reliable exchange to put their coins. Make them also dey careful with the ones wey them go sign up with. If you no sabi any exchange, go beginners and help board then ask questions. Now many scammers for we country and around the globe done get the signals say Nigeria no get better access to binance exchange again, them go won create fake exchanges so that pipo go fall in to.
Recently I hear somebody dey tell the other person through phone call say em no fit access the coins wey dey em binance again, say binance  done block em account (meanwhile na lie). As binance close p2p from Nigerians them go fit send out the coins to another exchange. So make nobody deceive any body. If you no get the requirements to pass KYC for exchanges verification just create electrum wallet then keep the seed phrases well. Besides this nah the best time to store coins as we done dey enter the bull run already.
Using someone wallet address such a in a financial transaction in the world of crypto currency can bring a lot of issues such as lack of control of money,privacy concerns, loss of fund and security concerns and alot more Depending on the situation you are in.so it’s advisable to not engage in that l,most especially during kyc verification and lot more
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: