Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:56:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another attempt from Impersonators of Trust Wallet Support to steal.  (Read 222 times)
Justbillywitt

Activity: 252
Merit: 214

View Profile
January 21, 2024, 05:40:08 PM

There are many criminals who have tripled their effort to steal bitcoins from people who will fall victim to their method of scamming. Trust wallet is one of the most widely used wallets by some investors, and scammers have devised a way to trick new investors who are not vast in information to expose their seed phrase.

A friend of mine received these emails which are from scammers.

Now because all these kinds of scams have always been existing and we that are members of this forum are constantly exposed to it before we become victims, the real risk of becoming victims is not with us here, but new investors who are not so informed to be able to know these scams. We should also let people outside the forum be aware that these kinds of scams exist and will be a thing in this season before the halving.

I would also like to say that although this were scammers imitating trust wallet support, they could choose another wallet tomorrow, to imitate their support and see the victims they can get.
I got this email too, but from the moment I saw the email I knew it was a scam and I didn't bother reading the content so I deleted it. We should be careful out there and never fall victim to these scamming individuals. When I opened my trust I never submitted an email address so it was very easy to detect this as a scam.

cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1315

View Profile
January 21, 2024, 07:10:16 PM

The very first thing to do is check the official email from any emails that are coming into our mails. Its so eady for these jerks to manifold or imitate such emails. Go for the original one and see if its match. Sometimes I often put to spam all those messages. I wonder why my emails getting such notif too. Probably I am keen to airdrops and these people are probably somehow got an access to those. So better to use dummy emails when doing an airdrop cause they are after the wallets associated with that email.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
DYING_S0UL

Activity: 322
Merit: 318

The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>BAN

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2024, 08:06:09 PM

I was not wrong to not care about any message that send to my mail. Tongue
Lol, as for me I don't even open the mail app unless it's related to work. It's the most rarest opened app in my phone. Can't even remember when was the last time it was opened. Grin.

No, an email address is not required when creating a new wallet in Trust wallet.
Although it's not required, but the wallet is closed source and when you want to install the wallet, there's a description the apps will access bla bla bla and you need to check it in order to install the apps. So there's a possibility they can know the email address without need the user to submit it.
Only a stupid person would fall for such a scam. If those phishing mails were from some reputed/well known CEX like Binance or KuCoin, I would properly open it or think of opening it, just because they need KYC. But seriously? Trust wallet? I mean it doesn't even need an email? Am I right? Then how come they emailed me some random mail saying I needed to do KYC when they don't even know my actual email or if I used one. Sounds hilarious to me. What do you think? Tongue

AoBT
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████