Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:07:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to change trading pairs on existing holdings?  (Read 182 times)
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 4173

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2024, 11:49:53 PM

Amazing, thanks everyone.
If it makes no difference to long term value of the coin, if I originally bought it with USDT pair or BTC pair, then I’ll just leave everything as it is.

Glad you get that now because as I read the first replies they weren't not understanding you and I was about clarifying what you just said above. It doesn't really matter which pair you bought but if you're tracking your portfolio with satoshi value and not just USDT value you'll understand why altcoins aren't been advice to hodl on the forum. While as you'll make profit in USD value but you'll keep getting lesser sats value so technically it would had been better to hodl Bitcoin instead of the altcoin you bought.

Let say you bought 1 ETH for 0.05 BTC (and the value was $2,500) when you want to sell in the future, you could have double your profits in USD by selling that 1 ETH for $5000 but with a lesser BTC value ( lets say 0.04) so while you made profits in USD you lost in BTC because Bitcoin increase in value and it would had been better just holding BTC).

Don't store your coins on exchanges, altcoins are a gamble so I don't hodl it against you if you want to gamble but don't trust centralized exchanges nor wallet providers to store your coin with them for a long time. They can be hacked quite easily and they can freeze your assets not giving you control of the coins you think you own when storing them on their platform.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████