Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:38:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fair share of coins  (Read 2699 times)
bobos15 (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:36:26 PM

You need to make a cryptocoin with fair share of coins. Everyone who downloads and uses the wallet for the first time will be awarded with 1 coin. The number of total coins will be determined by the number of wallets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 02:38:54 PM

You need to make a cryptocoin with fair share of coins. Everyone who downloads and uses the wallet for the first time will be awarded with 1 coin. The number of total coins will be determined by the number of wallets.

You should be awarded, this is how a currency should work. Bitcoin wasnt genius because it made early adopters the only significant ones hoarding thousands of coins. This makes it all look like a big ponzi. The whole crypto has become a stock market now. People doing trading all day long.

Bitcoin has failed
Raxe.io

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 02:45:58 PM

You should be awarded, this is how a currency should work. Bitcoin wasnt genius because it made early adopters the only significant ones hoarding thousands of coins. This makes it all look like a big ponzi. The whole crypto has become a stock market now. People doing trading all day long.

Bitcoin has failed

Bitcoin has not failed. It is basically the biggest computational experiment to ever exist. It's still in alpha/beta and still very young, all cryptos are.

Raxe.io / Example wallet: http://wallet.raxe.io
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 02:49:22 PM

Bitcoin has not failed. It is basically the biggest computational experiment to ever exist. It's still in alpha/beta and still very young, all cryptos are.

I know it is the biggest experiment, but it has indeed failed. How do you tackle the problem of hoarders?

Everyone whom i told about bitcoin said why should he buy a bitcoin at astronomical rates and make early adopters even more rich. Satoshi failed to have a fair distribution model or is it that he is himself hoarding several thousands.
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:07:28 PM

hoarders? You mean the people that hold your price up? aka savers?
is people saving money a problem? Is rising prices for a token a problem?
You sure make it sound as if that was the case.
People saving in btc (hoarding) is a great thing and not a problem at all. Savers and long term investors stabilize prices. If btc is not used as a store of value then it has failed. So saving is actually what it also was ment to be for.

on topic: great idea, but would be exploited or you need to register everyone with id (orwellian nightmare). So that needs an intelligent solution.
nagatlakshmi

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 03:56:26 PM

When you are going to release this coin?

shiyang1992

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:59:37 PM

Sounds interesting.
I will keeping watching this.
I think the c2 , fac, comm is good.
Raxe.io

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 04:06:10 PM

If someone wants to make this coin message us or contact us here and we can set something up.

https://twitter.com/RaxeSoftware
contact@raxe.io

Raxe.

Raxe.io / Example wallet: http://wallet.raxe.io
berone

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:29:50 PM

sounds interesting, but it is hard to be completely fair. Fair distribution like faircoin or c2 or
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:48:46 PM

No need to register. We can use only wallet addresses and IPs.

i can have as many adresses and ip's as i like (not only me - everybody can). There is your problem. Really fair distribution with nobody cheating is really not that easy i think.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 10:05:02 PM

When you are going to release this coin?

Are you going to release the coin?  Grin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

unent

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:12:24 PM

It's a very interesting concept you proposed.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:23:09 PM

whats the point to all the fair distribution? they only end up in the same hands anyway, and all you are giving away is a token for people to trade for fiat  Wink
unent

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:30:19 PM

Bitcoin has failed

I have read plenty of posts by bitcoin early adopters on here who sold their coins for a pittance because they had no idea how much they would be worth in the future. How many people who paid 0.5 cent would not sell after it hit $3, then started to fall again. I doubt many early adopters are still holding their coins.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:07:16 PM

I doubt many early adopters are still holding their coins.

many early adopters (especially those who mined) do still hold, those in it to make bitcoin a true currency, kinda defeats the whole purpose if you trade it for fiat (but thats lost on most people here nowadays).

i've been in cryptos awhile and i personally don't trade for fiat (what seems crazy in short term pays off in the long as its more crazy to trade a deflationary currency for an inflationary one).

those who weren't in it for the fiat are the ones who (on paper) are now worth more then those who where Wink
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:27:34 PM

People with above average abilities deserve to be rich if they earn it.  Cheesy

unent

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:32:07 PM

many early adopters (especially those who mined) do still hold, those in it to make bitcoin a true currency, kinda defeats the whole purpose if you trade it for fiat (but thats lost on most people here nowadays).

i've been in cryptos awhile and i personally don't trade for fiat (what seems crazy in short term pays off in the long as its more crazy to trade a deflationary currency for an inflationary one).

those who weren't in it for the fiat are the ones who (on paper) are now worth more then those who where Wink

Do you hold large amounts of bitcoins you mined in the early days?
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:46:12 PM

Do you hold large amounts of bitcoins you mined in the early days?

nope, anytime I've got decent amounts of btc I trade them for ltc and other alts, but ltc is my biggest holdings (basically the choice between being a moderate holder of btc or one of the largest ltc and other alts holder). I've never been a huge miner most my holding come from trading.
yldouright

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:11:54 AM

I have to admire the unflappable nature of anyone holding any kind of crypto coin but those who are holding the alt-coins are truly the nerviest of the lot. Every trend line seems to indicate a 'one winner' scenario and that means most coins will have a zero value conclusion. What are the arguments to support the survival of the alt-coins?
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 12:13:10 AM

Merged mining.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: