Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:40:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Request for feedback: ospex.org decentralized sports speculation dApp  (Read 3 times)
vincelaird (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
Today at 04:10:52 PM

Greetings, I'm seeking feedback and early adopters for a decentralized application deployed on Polygon, ospex.org.

The dApp allows you to "speculate" on the outcome of sports contests with just a crypto wallet.  There's no sign up process and there's no fees associated with speculating other than blockchain fees (IOW: no vig).  However, because of this, odds are not fixed, but rather determined by way of parimutuel pools (similar to horse racing odds).

The project is open source and all deployed contracts are verified on chain.  You need USDC tokens and MATIC tokens for gas and these tokens need to be on Polygon Mainnet.  There is currently a 10 USDC limit per speculation, because the contracts have yet to be audited.

I created a speculation on tonight's NBA game, Boston -9.5.  I put 10 USDC on each side so there's something already in the pool.  I would love it if some folks on here would try it out and provide feedback in this thread.  Feel free to put USDC on both sides, so you're guaranteed to win and can therefore verify that claiming works.

If anyone wants to know more about the technical details, just ask.  I think it looks better on mobile and I generally use Metamask, though desktop should work also.  If you have issues using it, let me know here or DM me.  Thanks so much!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: