Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:47:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which wallets support 32 word seed phrases  (Read 258 times)
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 5601

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
January 31, 2024, 07:38:01 AM

It seems the link only supports version 2 words and not version 3, or there is some way to indicate to it that is a version3 mnemonic that I am unaware of.
Or maybe there is another URL for version3 recovery. I will keep looking though.
AFAIK, "/recover-wallet" and "/forgot-password" the only legacy recovery page that they have, do not put your seed in any other site that you can find.
The other is for the latest version 12-word BIP39 compatible recovery phrase.
If it's not accepted in the legacy version, it may not be an old Blockchain.info account recovery phrase.

And yes, the v3 words from the archive of their old site seem different from the words that their old recovery page supports,
looks like from an unused version: github.com/blockchain/unused-My-Wallet/blob/master/mnemonic_words_v3.html
But does each of your words has a match there?
Because if it is, it may be from that version, contacting their support and directly request for technical support may help. (it'll be slow though)
If not, it may be from a different wallet entirely.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 261

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 31, 2024, 03:40:35 PM

Technically, entropy of 24 words recovery seeds is higher than entropy of 12 words recovery seeds.

12*128= 1536 bits while 24*128= 3072 bits

So if someone tries to brutefoce the recovery seeds, then higher the entropy then they need a longer time with more computational power. But this none applies if seeds are leaked/accessed by someone.

You know the 128 bits of entropy in 12 seed phrases is same thing as the 128 bits of security in private key which is same for both 24 words seed phrase. So technically anything that can brute force that 128 bit’s security of private key will definitely render a 24 seed phrase vulnerable.

Although a 24 seed phrase has higher bits of entropy and is considered a better option according to bip32 but the brute force depends on the number of words available. If 23 words out of the 24 words seed phrase is known then it is easier to brute force it than the 11 words of a 12 seed phrase. Because according to calculations I once saw in this forum it is just an 8 possibilities for the missing word in 24 seed phrase but 128 possibilities for a 12 seed phrase. But if it is the entire words missing then 24 seed phrase precedes the 12 word.

The best thing though is adding a passphrase as a second layer security,

Please correct me if I am wrong, the entropy of a bitcoin's address is 256 bits as they are generated using elliptic curve cryptography (ECDSA) with the secp256k1 curve.

But brute-forcing an address can only reveal the funds from that address while brute-forcing seeds will lead to access funds from all the addresses generated using the seeds, so it is always better to have higher entropy but you are right even though the entropy of 12 words seeds looks small still it is impossible to brute force.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
igor72
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 2020

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
February 01, 2024, 06:08:16 PM

32 words can not make a valid seed phrase. Seed phrase will be 12,15,18, 21 or 24 words long.
Yes, 32 words can not make a valid BIP39 seed phrase. But it is possible to create such a seed phrase in Electrum. Here's an example: mountain grain quiz empty dinosaur venue brave trick juice fold short start father noise angle pave saddle kit alert circle insane inject hire bean chunk milk fresh minor wrong soul collect zebra.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Kelward

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 02, 2024, 07:26:01 AM

You can do that on Electrum when you create a wallet there is an option to add custom words of your choice.
However most seed phrases like other users mentioned are usually 12, 18 , or 24 words. However most wallets usually make use of 12 as a default number of words for the seed phrase when you create a wallet.
I recommend you make use of electrum if you want to add your custom words as electrum is safe and open source.
Don't forget to keep your keys safe.

This is an interesting thread for me to really increase my knowledge about extended wallet seed phrase, like most crypto users I never thought anything beyond 24 seed phrases exist, thanks to your comment that helped the OP to start to unlock this puzzle, I never thought about the 12 default numbers, I really hope that he'll be able to figure out how to access the uncle's wallet, so that the coins in it will not be a waste.

nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 5601

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
February 02, 2024, 08:22:54 AM

You know the 128 bits of entropy in 12 seed phrases is same thing as the 128 bits of security in private key which is same for both 24 words seed phrase. So technically anything that can brute force that 128 bit’s security of private key will definitely render a 24 seed phrase vulnerable.
Please correct me if I am wrong, the entropy of a bitcoin's address is 256 bits as they are generated using elliptic curve cryptography (ECDSA) with the secp256k1 curve.
Not a correction but he must be talking about the security level of a Bitcoin Private key which is 128-bit in terms of ECDLP (Elliptic Curve Discrete Logarithm Problem)
which would only require that much work to calculate the private key from the public key.

Although, I can't agree with his reply about the entropy of a 24-word seed phrase which is 256 bits, is only 128bits in security,
because BIP39's entropy is not susceptible to ECDLP unlike an ECDSA Private key.
But I agree with the next statement that it comes down to bruteforcing the words (with leaked words) instead of the entropy. And 128bits is very secure.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████