Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:57:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting a Bitcoin Node using a VPS  (Read 360 times)
Synchronice

Activity: 840
Merit: 772

Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim

View Profile
March 16, 2024, 07:57:53 PM

Fairly little. Decentralization should take into account how redundant our nodes are, as opposed to how many nodes are there. I suppose it wouldn't matter that much if there are tons of nodes in certain areas or datacenter.
You are true! It's meaningless to run many bitcoin node on Contabo, it won't make things more decentralized. And to be honest, it's better to buy a cheap laptop or Raspberry Pi. Everything can be done under $100.

Those are some really cheap VPS, is the first time i read about Contabo, they have nice reviews in trust pilot, and I'm tempted now to get one VPS with them.
I hope you haven't bought their VPS, have you? There is a reason why they are so cheap. If you have a look at their plans, yeah, sounds like one of the best bang for your bucks but when you buy it, you understand that performance is nowhere what you were expecting from the given plan. If you simply need RAM, then probably buy them. By the way, I think no one comes close the performance and prices when there is a Hetzner. But you can't run Bitcoin node on Hetzner. But why should you run it on a VPS when you can just buy a cheap Laptop? This way is also better for decentralization.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mahaveer96

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2024, 07:45:18 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2024, 03:24:24 PM by mahaveer96

I've set up a BTC node before using Contabo's VPS, and it's pretty straightforward. You can either start from scratch with a regular VPS and install everything manually, which gives you more control, or you can go with their pre-configured options under the Blockchain tab. The pre-built VPS saves a lot of time and hassle, especially if you're not too tech-savvy.

One thing to keep in mind is that running a full node requires a decent amount of storage and bandwidth, so make sure to pick a plan that covers your needs. Their prices are reasonable, but always check the specs to ensure they match what your node requires.

You can check up on this dedicated server provider. I've been building my nodes on their servers as they have great prices and easy set ups.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: