Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 03:23:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don’t you think BRC20 tokens need more spotlight?  (Read 388 times)
wxa7115

Activity: 2744
Merit: 708

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 04:09:05 AM

The attention that was given to them was already done. All they've done was to spam and attack the network making it clogged resulting to higher transaction fee. Honestly, I am so happy seeing a few cents of fees which is a high priority for a transaction.

How long was it when we've seen this since the last time? And for those that have made money with the BRC20 tokens and rode its craze, congratulations to all of you because you've made it.

You've made a lot of money from them and that's the reason why they've stayed for a bit but then, the demand decreased and so as the fee.
I think it's not the fault of the people who introduced it but it was the fault of those who intentionally spam the network, and even on the main BTC network it also happens sometimes aside from the normal network congestion. This is why I'm sad even though they already got a publicity because it was not a good publicity, so it might be okay to give them another chance again like what the OP is saying.

Maybe they really have a potential that haven't been unlocked yet because many people judged them too quickly. OP didn't said that he made money on it and me either but for those who do, they are the ones who wish for the BRC-20 to stay and improve.
I do not think there is any need to give those tokens another chance, we have seen very well what they can do, which is to clog the network with useless transactions from which just a few benefit, while the rest of the bitcoin users have to pay huge fees just to accommodate those useless coins.

Now do not misunderstand me, paying high fees because there is naturally a lot of activity on the network is fine, but paying high fees because the network is being spammed to death is not something I want to do.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: