Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:28:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are investors investing in Bitcoin at ATH now are fools ?  (Read 2594 times)
I_Anime

Activity: 378
Merit: 163

View Profile
March 05, 2024, 07:28:00 PM

The part that many new investors are missing is there is no loss with bitcoin until you sell yours at a lower price than you buy
The most important thing to ensure this is to ensure only extra funds that one can afford to loose. Otherwise, if you are spending your daily needs money on bitcoin and in future there is major correction, you might still need to withdraw for some emergency. But if you are spending extra income only, then this issue will not arise. So you should spend only 10-30% of total income which is left after all the monthly expenses. Moreover, if possible, try to diversify in multiple coins for more safety.

Mate if I were you when considering diversification it should be more on real life investment such as selling commodities, lands real estate. From my observations what those that are in to altcoins are going through has no difference from gambling, their emotions are always destabilize by always monitoring the market condition and this altcoins performance depends on Bitcoin performance of which most of them are scam project just like a time bomb waiting to explode, and it can also be seen as a ponzi scheme, for me Bitcoin has proven to be the best with your dca  you have the rest of mind needed to grow your asset.
Exactly, diversifying your funds in different altcoins , is the opposite of safety to me . If you thinking of diversifying make sure you have some good quantity of bitcoin in your portfolio, because not having bitcoin your portfolio and same time wanting to invest in other altcoins shows that you don't understand anything about this space, If you really want to diversify your funds, try investing it in other investment outside this space  like the ones Tmoonz just mentioned. Because investing in one shit coin is even too risky, now imagine investing in tones, In the name of diversifying.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 650

View Profile
March 05, 2024, 07:42:17 PM

The part that many new investors are missing is there is no loss with bitcoin until you sell yours at a lower price than you buy
The most important thing to ensure this is to ensure only extra funds that one can afford to loose. Otherwise, if you are spending your daily needs money on bitcoin and in future there is major correction, you might still need to withdraw for some emergency. But if you are spending extra income only, then this issue will not arise. So you should spend only 10-30% of total income which is left after all the monthly expenses. Moreover, if possible, try to diversify in multiple coins for more safety.

Mate if I were you when considering diversification it should be more on real life investment such as selling commodities, lands real estate. From my observations what those that are in to altcoins are going through has no difference from gambling, their emotions are always destabilize by always monitoring the market condition and this altcoins performance depends on Bitcoin performance of which most of them are scam project just like a time bomb waiting to explode, and it can also be seen as a ponzi scheme, for me Bitcoin has proven to be the best with your dca  you have the rest of mind needed to grow your asset.
Exactly, diversifying your funds in different altcoins , is the opposite of safety to me . If you thinking of diversifying make sure you have some good quantity of bitcoin in your portfolio, because not having bitcoin your portfolio and same time wanting to invest in other altcoins shows that you don't understand anything about this space, If you really want to diversify your funds, try investing it in other investment outside this space  like the ones Tmoonz just mentioned. Because investing in one shit coin is even too risky, now imagine investing in tones, In the name of diversifying.

Diversification doesnt mean that you dont give out important or doesnt understand this crypto space. It is really just that there are people who could really be able to bare up the risks on trying out to touch up other things not just that limited to Bitcoin alone. It is really just that important that the biggest part or percentage allocation or share is really with Bitcoin and the rest would really be composed of alts or something.

With this kind of method then you would really be that putting up yourself on such potential profits if this one do make out some move. We should bare up in mind that there is an altcoin/memecoin pumps
that do exist into this space or could really be able to happen. On the time that you do bag something then those things could give out that chance.
It is really just that a matter of risks taking since not all would really be having that kind of courage and risks management in towards this kind of decision.
There are people who could be able to consider out such step and theer are ones who do just simply stick themselves through BTC.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10241

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 05, 2024, 07:51:47 PM

Diversification doesnt mean that you dont give out important or doesnt understand this crypto space. It is really just that there are people who could really be able to bare up the risks on trying out to touch up other things not just that limited to Bitcoin alone. It is really just that important that the biggest part or percentage allocation or share is really with Bitcoin and the rest would really be composed of alts or something.

With this kind of method then you would really be that putting up yourself on such potential profits if this one do make out some move. We should bare up in mind that there is an altcoin/memecoin pumps
that do exist into this space or could really be able to happen. On the time that you do bag something then those things could give out that chance.
It is really just that a matter of risks taking since not all would really be having that kind of courage and risks management in towards this kind of decision.
There are people who could be able to consider out such step and theer are ones who do just simply stick themselves through BTC.

We are devolving into off-topicness when we get into diversification topics, especially if we are trying to argue in favor of diversification and then sliding into talking about which shitcoins happen to be less shitty.  

Since we are in a bitcoin thread, then if you are arguing against diversification you are more likely to be on topic than if you are trying to argue in favor of diversification.

Fuck diversification and fuck shitcoins.. take that bullshit to some other thread if you want to talk about it and to justify why you believe such at thing to be justifiable for anyone... and seems even worse for newbies.. and perhaps someone more experienced and with a larger portfolio might justify diversification or getting involved in shitcoins, but they still would probably best to limit their involvement with that nonsense to no more than 10% of the size of their bitcoin holdings and that 10% limitation might even be too much of an allowance.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
ndutndut

Activity: 420
Merit: 141

View Profile
March 05, 2024, 08:10:06 PM

Are investors investing in Bitcoin at ATH now are fools ?  Is there chance of major correction from here as prices have already peaked now.
For me no. Today the price of Bitcoin just reached the final price of 69k and then corrected again. But what is clear is that we haven't even reached the new ATH yet. So investing in bitcoin now is not something stupid, you need to look at the history of bitcoin every four years the price of bitcoin will continue to soar even at that time many are afraid to buy bitcoin now there is only regret, this also applies to the price of bitcoin now. Remember we haven't reached the new ATH yet, so make a bitcoin purchase now using the dca and hold method. Don't regret it later when the bitcoin price reaches a new ATH.

Moreno233

Activity: 322
Merit: 180

View Profile
March 05, 2024, 08:16:42 PM

Are investors investing in Bitcoin at ATH now are fools ?  Is there chance of major correction from here as prices have already peaked now.
This statement is too harsh even though I understand why you have to use such strong word. I will not called them fools, rather they are just people who failed to see the opportunity in Bitcoin hence their inability to buy when they should only to FOMO when the price has go up a little higher than where they would have gotten at very low prices. It is possible that some of them might just be bearing about Bitcoin due to the news of the bullrun in that case you cannot use it against them rather encourage them to proceed to invest in Bitcoin because technically, there is no wrong time to invest in Bitcoin.

Assuming there is any way to establish that maybe someone heard about Bitcoin but refused to invest and later come back to his vomit after Bitcoin would have gone far higher, then such people might just be qualified to be described as unwise. However, it is there money and their decision to make so using derogatory for them may not be the best thing to do.

Tmoonz

Activity: 154
Merit: 112

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 05, 2024, 08:24:02 PM

We are devolving into off-topicness when we get into diversification topics, especially if we are trying to argue in favor of diversification and then sliding into talking about which shitcoins happen to be less shitty.  

Since we are in a bitcoin thread, then if you are arguing against diversification you are more likely to be on topic than if you are trying to argue in favor of diversification.

Fuck diversification and fuck shitcoins.. take that bullshit to some other thread if you want to talk about it and to justify why you believe such at thing to be justifiable for anyone... and seems even worse for newbies.. and perhaps someone more experienced and with a larger portfolio might justify diversification or getting involved in shitcoins, but they still would probably best to limit their involvement with that nonsense to no more than 10% of the size of their bitcoin holdings and that 10% limitation might even be too much of an allowance.

So many newbies coming in to the space has narrow their mindset and bent on a more getting rich quick other than making or building a solid foundation for the future, it only takes wisdom  for an individual to take advantage of the present and prepare for the future, the financial and emotional devastation that are involve in Altcoins is really on the high side, and it doesn't worth my time. It is best I concentrate on what will give me that peace of mind.

Faisal2202

Activity: 1204
Merit: 469

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2024, 08:38:17 PM

At the time of writing this post, you will see the price of BTC is already below $62k so you must have known till now that the chances of BTC price to take some correction is possible and those who must have invested at the time of ATH are fools but IMHO they are not fully. Because some must have some POV, like they might want to hold their funds until the next ATH. And those who thought the next ATH was not coming are the ones who sold their funds, and some sold their funds in order to take entry again at some better point which IMHO is not. Well, I was saying. if one has invested at ATH.

They might be waiting for the next ATH which is going to come after the Halving event. so considering this those who invested before the ATH are not fully fools but partial ones maybe. Because I will say, if they have the enough funds then why they don't take entry before, and why they are taking entry now. They should time the market with some knowledge otherwise they will make loss.

Hamza2424
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1045

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2024, 08:50:23 PM

No one can decide at this point bro, as you know if someone is buying for short-term gains, may be he's falling into the FOMO, because it's so high already, and now we are in the early distribution zone, and accumulating at this point will be highly risky. We can guide cant take actions on the behalf of new ones.

If one is making accumulation for the long term, this can be a good point because who knows, when the market is gonna give some other opportunities against, and making a DCA strategy even on the ATH for the coming couple of years is not a bad take, and anyone can safely accumulate because his goal is not the temporary gains, he wants to save for years, for such mindsets, I use a phrase which common all around, it's never late in Bitcoin especially when a just a few halvings happened..

maiden

Activity: 457
Merit: 11

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 05, 2024, 09:02:59 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

They are not complete fools, but they are experiencing FOMO, and believe that they should not miss out on the opportunity to invest in Bitcoin. Sometimes, it takes experience to learn what to do during the bull run. In case there is a significant correction due to a sudden spike in the price of Bitcoin, they can continue to hold their investment because the chances of the current price increasing further are high.

I_Anime

Activity: 378
Merit: 163

View Profile
March 05, 2024, 09:36:06 PM

They are not complete fools, but they are experiencing FOMO, and believe that they should not miss out on the opportunity to invest in Bitcoin. Sometimes, it takes experience to learn what to do during the bull run. In case there is a significant correction due to a sudden spike in the price of Bitcoin, they can continue to hold their investment because the chances of the current price increasing further are high.
Sure , that procastinating in bitcoin investment is not always encouraging. When one procastinate , waiting for the dip without having any bitcoin in their portfolio. Whenever such increase in market takes place, it normally activate FOMO. Most time seeing the way Market as increase and how alot of people are talking about the nice  profit they are in recently. Those that don't have any would want to invest at any course to be among the testifies. Which most time would lead time buying at the top . Though buying the dip is nice and helpful too, but still try and use some DCA strategies to coverup some space when waiting for the dip. And such methods would help in building some good portfolio for yourself.

Chibit01

Activity: 56
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 05, 2024, 10:29:41 PM

I think nobody should be called a fool because this is an open market which is likely to defect of inflate so it is all risk that we are taking even the life it self is risk we just have to be careful in order not to take uncalculated risk everyone want profit so as it was hiking we many investors came in for profit but it tuns out to be opposite but bitcoin is still the king 👑 no matter what because it will and must hit $70k 🎯 before the end of this month from my FLT forecast you maybe not believe my forecast untill some of you will regret why you didn't invest or wikk regret why you made your withdrawal......

Bitcoin has come to impressively appreciate within some days like 10% of it price on the last 10 days but If you have a spear funds you can buy and keep in your Blockchain to avoid regret whennit wikk reach $100k be a wise investor to know the right time to make your investments.....

That's just my humble opinion with forecast....

Thanks 🙏👍
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2024, 10:31:04 PM

At the time of writing this post, you will see the price of BTC is already below $62k so you must have known till now that the chances of BTC price to take some correction is possible and those who must have invested at the time of ATH are fools but IMHO they are not fully. Because some must have some POV, like they might want to hold their funds until the next ATH. And those who thought the next ATH was not coming are the ones who sold their funds, and some sold their funds in order to take entry again at some better point which IMHO is not. Well, I was saying. if one has invested at ATH.

They might be waiting for the next ATH which is going to come after the Halving event. so considering this those who invested before the ATH are not fully fools but partial ones maybe. Because I will say, if they have the enough funds then why they don't take entry before, and why they are taking entry now. They should time the market with some knowledge otherwise they will make loss.

I see that you have been registered on the forum for more than 3 years Faisal2202, which may well mean that you have enough BTC.

But if you don't have enough coins, then what?  You have to buy at some point.  When are you going to buy?  Did you buy today?  If not, then when are you going to buy.

On the other hand, if you have enough coin, then congratulations. Do you have any plans in regards to managing your coins going forward  and/or various selling points that might relate to either price and/or time?

We should not be presuming anyone else to be a fool in regards to their situation merely based on when they bought (including if they might have had been buying BTC in the last week) and/or if they are just getting started in BTC. We need more information before we would reasonably be able to know if they might have been approaching their bitcoin accumulation in a foolish way..

it's never late in Bitcoin especially when a just a few halvings happened..

Well if you have an investment time horizon that is 4-10 years or longer, it would be difficult to assess that you are starting too late or that you are foolish for getting started. 

In the last more than 10 years that I have been involved in bitcoin (and paying some attention), I know a lot of folks over the years who waited and did not do anything in regards to buying bitcoin and we have had a lot of all time highs over the last 10 years... and sometimes it takes a while to reach another ATH after an ATH has been reached, but other times when we have not touched the all time high for a couple of years or more, then it is likely that we will continue to have more ATHs for months to come.. Of course, nothing is guaranteed, but surely anyone buying bitcoin needs to be considering his investment timeline as an important factor, and then whether he is going to lump sum buy, DCA and/or buy on dips, and it can take several years to establish a position, no matter what the BTC accumulation approach.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Hamza2424
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1045

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2024, 10:59:39 PM

Well if you have an investment time horizon that is 4-10 years or longer, it would be difficult to assess that you are starting too late or that you are foolish for getting started. 

In the last more than 10 years that I have been involved in bitcoin (and paying some attention), I know a lot of folks over the years who waited and did not do anything in regards to buying bitcoin and we have had a lot of all time highs over the last 10 years... and sometimes it takes a while to reach another ATH after an ATH has been reached, but other times when we have not touched the all time high for a couple of years or more, then it is likely that we will continue to have more ATHs for months to come.. Of course, nothing is guaranteed, but surely anyone buying bitcoin needs to be considering his investment timeline as an important factor, and then whether he is going to lump sum buy, DCA and/or buy on dips, and it can take several years to establish a position, no matter what the BTC accumulation approach.

Yup, I do agree that it doesn't matter which accumulation approach you are considering suitable the timeline matters, but for a person who is entering the market is starting to explore and finds it already at the peak time when he came to knew about it, rather than considering that time is gone I should look for something else, he needs to realize that on one peak to other, there are many zones/opportunities to accumulate and make a good average accumulation price, suppose that he takes the entry now and around 63k to 64k and after halving the per Bitcoin mining cost is gonna be around 46k to 47k and if market takes a healthy correction he follows the Buy the Dips or even DCA he stand a chance to buy at around 50k or 54k range or even lower just a rough idea. His current buying will even be worth it for his future accumulation.

On the same node JJG, we cant compare the current accumulation with the previous cycles as you know every time a surprising change occurs as it was $2.3T for the last ATH, and now already before halving at this point of the first Bull wave, we are already hitting new ATH. In the optimistic range of a 4-10 years timeline from 2024 to 2030 or 2034 even if we can expect some changes in narratives related to Bitcoin, we can just speculate as nothing is guaranteed with the current speed even those who used to say 1sats =1$ is not so for this timeline of 4-10 years.

Becasue now the market will grow exponentially by both capital and adoption, still, retail investment from all over the world is not getting the spotlight on Bitcoin.

TBH, at this point in the current bull run I think, I did many stupid things with my accumulation the first one was taking an early exit without realizing the potential risk of no re-entry chance, I did follow some strict plans but you know in greed and fear sometimes happens I did a booking of 50% at early 35k where I was supposed to book only 25% because it was my first target. What's gone is gone, Now even though I dont consider many portfolios and accumulation enough when I look at resources as a student I did own I think its not bad as well, even though I was able to do better.

Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
March 06, 2024, 04:03:13 AM

Or simply put, they don't want to missed the boat before it sails, so they wanted to join in even at the highest price that we are seeing right now. Nevertheless, whos' to blame them, this has been the cycle and it going to repeat. But the good thing is that we are not even in the top price yet. Yeah for sure we might see new all time high before the halving. But the real bull run is after that when we see prices going on a parabolic rise. And if we can compare, those who bought at near all time high on the previous cycle could bear a sigh of relieve now, specially those who FOMO at around $60k in 2021 and still holding but this time because they wanted to make a profit at least. Or they could have sold already but then bought when the price is <$40k or even lower. So still a win-win situation and you can't call them fools.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2024, 05:26:40 AM

Yup, I do agree that it doesn't matter which accumulation approach you are considering suitable the timeline matters, but for a person who is entering the market is starting to explore and finds it already at the peak time when he came to knew about it, rather than considering that time is gone I should look for something else, he needs to realize that on one peak to other, there are many zones/opportunities to accumulate and make a good average accumulation price, suppose that he takes the entry now and around 63k to 64k and after halving the per Bitcoin mining cost is gonna be around 46k to 47k and if market takes a healthy correction he follows the Buy the Dips or even DCA he stand a chance to buy at around 50k or 54k range or even lower just a rough idea. His current buying will even be worth it for his future accumulation.

Probably way too many newbies get preoccupied with their entry price, which causes them to wait, and you cannot prepare for UP by waiting, so even if the price might correct, it also might not, so there is no ability at all to count on prices going down or even staying flat... even if they might end up doing so, they also might not.

So the ONLY way to prepare for up is to buy BTC.

Another thing is that if someone is brand new to investing, it could take them 10 years or longer to just build up a decent position that is actually meaningful.

Don't get me wrong, any investment is meaningful, but investments likely have little to no power in their first few years while they are building, and the ONLY folks who can establish meaningful investments into bitcoin in the beginning are those who are transferring decent amounts of value into it right from the start, but they no longer are going to be fitting the profile of any kind of typical normie newbie investor.

So, normie newbies likely could be nearly completely blind to price for at least 4 years and just invest at any price, and then perhaps reassess at that time, but if they are merely investing 10% or so of their salary into bitcoin, they are still not going to have very much invested, even after 4 years.. think about 10% per year would ONLY result in 40% of their salary, and sure the underlying could end up appreciating a lot during that time, but that still may not result in life-changing amounts of value.

I frequently mention a suggestion of front loading and even lump sum investing, and surely not everyone has those kinds of options available, but they likely would be good with bitcoin, and no one should be lump summing or front loading with 100% of their available cash.  If they are able to front-load/lump sum, they still should be setting aside funds for buying on the dip and DCAing.. and presumably DCAing could come from any disposable income that they might have for 6 months or longer or however might be their intial planning stage for their entrance into bitcoin.

But yeah probably a vast majority of normie newbies don't hardly have shit available to lump sum or to front load, so they will just be faced with DCAing.. and maybe trying to organize their finances so that they can attempt to be as aggressive as they can with their DCA amounts.  It still takes a while, even if someone is ready, willing and able to be aggressive, and tops like this should not discourage them from getting started...

On the same node JJG, we cant compare the current accumulation with the previous cycles as you know every time a surprising change occurs as it was $2.3T for the last ATH

You sound distracted if you are using dumb-ass ideas of $2.3 trillion... because no one should give any fucks about shitcoins.

The last time around bitcoin reached around a $1.2 trillion market cap..,. so let's try to focus on bitcoin when we are considering relevant numbers.  Yeah there are shitcoins involved sucking off bitcoin's tit and hanging around as affinity scams and sure there could be some value in some of that crap, but it muddies our thinking and our numbers when we fail/refuse to focus on ourselves on the important asset - namely king daddy bitcoin.

, and now already before halving at this point of the first Bull wave, we are already hitting new ATH. In the optimistic range of a 4-10 years timeline from 2024 to 2030 or 2034 even if we can expect some changes in narratives related to Bitcoin, we can just speculate as nothing is guaranteed with the current speed even those who used to say 1sats =1$ is not so for this timeline of 4-10 years.

That is way too optimistic to be considering $1 per sat or 1sat per $1, and bitcoin is not even needed to come close to those numbers in order to be able to prosper stupendously by getting involved in it.. and yeah, people can ONLY be as aggressive as they are able to be without overdoing it, and maybe trying to be too strategic about trying to figure out the price is going to lead to either waiting around or getting distracted into trading and/or shitcoins.

In the last 6 months or so, I had revived my fuck you status chart in more conservative ways, and I probably ended up overdoing it, so I will probably have to revive it in order to be a little more bullish, but still even with the projections of my fuck you status chart beyond 2074, we are likely not reaching $1 per sat until around the turn of the century (at least in terms of the 200-WMA, which I believe is the better way to valuate bitcoin in terms of bottoms rather than in terms of tops).   I had been considering if I should post an update to that chart prior to the end of May 2024, since it appears that we are on track for at least a 25% rise in the 200-WMA for the 6 month period (which is likely more than $36k) rather than the 16% that I had projected.

But even if we look at the 200-WMA and we project out 4-10 years, then 4 years puts the 200-WMA at around $114k and 10 years puts it at $389.5k.  That is from my updated chart rather the the above-linked current one that is posted.

So part of the point is that any newbies should be able to invest into bitcoin regularly and consistently and still likely be doing fine, even though there are likely advantages to front-laoding the investment, but not many newbie normies are able to do that, so they have to just do what they can without overdoing it and losing their shirts because they devolved into gambling/trading rather than investing.

Becasue now the market will grow exponentially by both capital and adoption, still, retail investment from all over the world is not getting the spotlight on Bitcoin.

You are correct.. We are likely in the early stages of exponential, and even though BTC's market growth (and price) already looks exponential when we look at the historical charts, there is no reason to conclude that such exponential growth is not going to continue, especially since the evidence (logic and facts) still seems to strongly support that bitcoin is the soundest and most pristine asset known to man... but still not too many people realize such.. .even though more and more people, institutions and governments are coming to realize such.

TBH, at this point in the current bull run I think, I did many stupid things with my accumulation the first one was taking an early exit without realizing the potential risk of no re-entry chance,

Well, that's too bad.

You likely are not realizing the power of this bad boy, and you have to have persistence and even through all of my 10 years investing in bitcoin, whenever I sell BTC, I am always presuming that I might not be able to buy it back.. so in that regard, from my point of view, sales are always relatively conservative, and without any expectation of being able to buy back.

One of the problems of newbies and even experienced bitcoiners (traders and gamblers) is that there is too much presumption of abilities to buy back at cheaper prices and also they are trying to use sales of BTC as a way to accumulate more BTC, and that's not how it is done.  The ONLY time any true bitcoiner should be selling his/her bitcoin is when s/he knows that s/he has enough or that s/he has more than enough.  Otherwise, no selling of BTC should take place, until reaching that status of sufficient accumulation or better yet over accumulation... easier said than done, but it takes discipline and a long time to build up a bitcoin portfolio and none of us should be taking for granted how many sats that we have accumulated or that we can buy them back at the same price or even cheaper than the current price.

I did follow some strict plans but you know in greed and fear sometimes happens I did a booking of 50% at early 35k where I was supposed to book only 25% because it was my first target. What's gone is gone, Now even though I dont consider many portfolios and accumulation enough when I look at resources as a student I did own I think its not bad as well, even though I was able to do better.

Hopefully you will learn a lesson to just keep buying and stop fucking around with trading and trying to be smarter than the market.

Another thing is that our move from $25k (August/September/October) to current prices of $65k-ish has been pretty damned brutal for either the bitcoin non-believers and/or those who sold too many coin too soon.  There have only been a couple of corrections greater than 12%, and even the corrections of 8% to 12% were not very many.

And maybe we can say a similar thing from the low of $15,479 in November 2022.  There have not been a lot of large correction since November 2022, either... so lots of good buying opportunities that were not really realized until later.. and once we start hitting all time highs again like yesterday and probably like the weeks and months to come, even sometimes we might start to consider bitcoin's whole history as having had been great buying opportunities, and many times we get too fucking caught up on short-term price moves or anticipations of what might happen, without realizing that bitcoin's whole history has been buying opportunities, and it is only going to continue to get more and more difficult to get cheap coins, even though bitcoin is also volatile and going to continue to be volatile..

Yeah for sure we might see new all time high before the halving.

We already did see an ATH.. yesterday, and yeah it is looking more and more likely that we are going to see $100k before the halvening and maybe even land somewhere in the range of $120k and $180k prior to the end of 2024.

But the real bull run is after that when we see prices going on a parabolic rise. And if we can compare, those who bought at near all time high on the previous cycle could bear a sigh of relieve now, specially those who FOMO at around $60k in 2021 and still holding but this time because they wanted to make a profit at least. Or they could have sold already but then bought when the price is <$40k or even lower. So still a win-win situation and you can't call them fools.

I can't disagree with you on these points.

Kakmakr
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1957

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
March 06, 2024, 05:32:42 AM

How do you know that this price is the top? This price might go up to $80 000 or $90 000 or even $100 000.

You might get in now at a bargain price of $70 000 and be able to sell it for $100 000 within a month from now.

We do not know what the impact of the hype surrounding the "Halving" will be, so this price might still be low. Everyone are too focussed on the price now... rather focus on hoarding and not selling any coins now.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
SeriouslyGiveaway

Activity: 448
Merit: 140

View Profile
March 06, 2024, 06:45:28 AM

Why do you think the current price is the peak? Agree that Bitcoin price has had very impressive growth in recent times, and I'm sure few people can imagine that Bitcoin price can surpass the old peak in 2021 so soon (usually it will happen after halving event). And many people out there are also saying that Bitcoin must have a big correction when the price approaches the old peak, everyone can see that clearly, and the market makers and MMs out there also know that you will think so. Usually they are people who do not want us (retail investors) to go with them, so we will not know for sure whether Bitcoin will continue to go up or adjust down.
It may be too risky for someone to buy Bitcoin now in terms of technical analysis, but you should remember that we are at the base of the rising wave, not at the peak of the cycle, where Bitcoin may go higher from here. If the price of Bitcoin continue to grow, will they still be considered stupid? Don't try to predict the market. Buying now and holding on with a long-term vision is not a stupid decision, unless you sell when there is a strong market correction.

pinggoki

Activity: 1470
Merit: 415

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 06, 2024, 07:06:15 AM

I don't think so unless they sell in the case of a price correction then that means that they're really stupid and a fool for buying at that price and then doing a panic sell, I wouldn't say that someone is a fool for buying bitcoin no matter how much is the price because at the end of the day, if you look at it in the long-term they're going to still profit, that is if they hodl, when you invest in bitcoin, your next actions are going to be the ome that would decide if all the stuff you've done in bitcoin investing is foolish or wise, that's my take on this as it's vastly different with altcoins since altcoins are most likely to not get another ATH and wouldn't be having any kind of progress and hodling for the long-term is fruitless most of the time.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 809

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2024, 07:37:18 AM

Why do you think the current price is the peak? Agree that Bitcoin price has had very impressive growth in recent times, and I'm sure few people can imagine that Bitcoin price can surpass the old peak in 2021 so soon (usually it will happen after halving event). And many people out there are also saying that Bitcoin must have a big correction when the price approaches the old peak, everyone can see that clearly, and the market makers and MMs out there also know that you will think so. Usually they are people who do not want us (retail investors) to go with them, so we will not know for sure whether Bitcoin will continue to go up or adjust down.
It may be too risky for someone to buy Bitcoin now in terms of technical analysis, but you should remember that we are at the base of the rising wave, not at the peak of the cycle, where Bitcoin may go higher from here. If the price of Bitcoin continue to grow, will they still be considered stupid? Don't try to predict the market. Buying now and holding on with a long-term vision is not a stupid decision, unless you sell when there is a strong market correction.

Maybe because that is the current price which he think the expensive one to accumulate and he just forget to know the whole picture about currently going on the market that there's a possibilities to grow more. That's why we can safely say that this is not the last price of bitcoin to reach and there are provably more since bitcoin is speculated to hit at six digits in figures. But if they don't trust that it will happen and consider a risky situation to trust then maybe they might call people which still accumulating as a fools or whatever negative they call since they don't know everything about it and just there because they are been hype on short term situation happening on bitcoin.

But they need to know that buying at whatever price which people is comfortable is not a bad decision since at any price people can accumulate its just we have different target and for sure those people who enter at current condition aims for future since they believe that there would be a lot of chance for bitcoin to grow more.

Solokan

Activity: 448
Merit: 227

Rollbit.com

View Profile
March 06, 2024, 07:52:08 AM

Investing in BTC at ATH certainly cannot be called stupid as long as intend to invest for the long term and are prepared to take risks because those who buy BTC when the price of Bitcoin is very high will certainly not make a loss as long as they keep it for the long term and only sell when there is a profit.

Of course we have seen fantastic bitcoin price movements and last night when I saw the market, the BTC price rose very high at $69k and honestly this reminded me of the 2021 bull run.

op regarding BTC price corrections of course there are always and last night after the BTC price rose high immediately many people panicked selling and in the end the BTC price fell but now the BTC price has risen again.

So in my opinion, the most important thing in buying BTC is that our have to have a goal, be ready to take risks and only money that you are ready to lose is worth putting in Bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: