Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:29:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Solutions to bring BTC to another network and then SWAP  (Read 196 times)
BiTCalt (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 21, 2024, 11:04:10 AM

I like Bisq, I even liked Localbitcoins, but no, I was talking about non-platformed P2P.

So, with Bisq you've to run a software, with LBC alternatives you give up custody of your coins, you'd use both to protect yourself with escrow (in the case of Bisq a deposit guarantee).

My P2P is talking to an actual person, agreeing a rate of exchange. We send each other the respective coins. I understand I use this as a privilege of knowing certain traders for years. But yes, if you start on Bisq or an LBC alternative, I guess Binance P2P is an easy way to start, you'll build your own "web of trust" and eventually just ditch the platforms.

Ok this is another alternative to consider and perhaps develop. But it takes time to create that network of trusted P2P traders.
Maybe I was looking for something more immediate and direct but obviously with the best and acceptable security (at least what we can have).

As far as I know you can do atomic swaps for ETH and back, but atomic swaps are still considered to be unripe tech, so as far as security and reliability goes.... Who knows? If you want to stick to non-KYC exchanges I know Poloniex and Mexc are still somewhat semi non-KYC.

On which platform can you do atomic swaps between BTC and ETH? I couldn't find anything online (maybe I need to look into it further).
For the security concerns I understand are something new and not intesively tested but even on well-known CEX there could be security concerns and limits, I guess.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1743

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2024, 12:19:25 PM

On which platform can you do atomic swaps between BTC and ETH? I couldn't find anything online (maybe I need to look into it further).
For the security concerns I understand are something new and not intesively tested but even on well-known CEX there could be security concerns and limits, I guess.

I think you can use Cake Wallet, although I am not 100% certain it is considered a traditional atomic swap in the strict sense of the word- as a mechanism based purely on HTLC and LN (as with compatible blockchains such as Litecoin or Monero). So I am not sure about the custodial factor here.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Solosanz

Activity: 812
Merit: 564

View Profile
March 21, 2024, 02:55:15 PM

Thorswap, Threshold, and Avalanche Bridge aren't decentralized exchanges, they should be moved to the second ways. The real decentralized exchange is Bisq because it can't be stopped because you're not relying to centralized server. If the government shutdown bisq domain, it's only the site that can't be reached, you can still use the software. But if those swap domain gets shutdown, it's over.

If you use Bisq, either convert it to Monero or Lightning network, you don't have to afraid be with smart contracts drama.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███